Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today- I woke up with a fever of 99.9. First one since surgery. One of my incisions looks kinda pink so I am a little worried. I emailed Gaby with a picture. Windycitymom, have you had any more fever? Ugh.

No more fevers here. I hope you're ok. Check out my thread about fever, there were a couple folks with low grade fevers up to 2 weeks after surgery. I think I read that somewhere else that it's ok.

What did gaby say?

How are you doing otherwise? I am starving and think I had 900cal in just Soups and pudding yesterday, my first full liquid day. I am worried that I don't have much restriction...

I went to the ER last night. Didn't have the flu, but may now after spending four hours with all of those sick people! I had a UTI, an ear infection and was a bit dehydrated. They gave me a bag of fluids and some liquid antibiotics. I was so relieved. Apparently, I haven't been sipping enough.

WCM- I have been pretty hungry too. Yesterday was the first day I didn't care anything about food, but that was due to the fever and chills. I've though the same thing about my restriction. I can drink way too much at a time- probably 4-5 oz in 15 min. How long do we sip the 2 oz per 15 min? Sometimes I just forget. Plain Water goes down slower but broth and juice go down so easily.

Today is a much better day! Thanks for all of your responses! :)

No more fevers here. I hope you're ok. Check out my thread about fever, there were a couple folks with low grade fevers up to 2 weeks after surgery. I think I read that somewhere else that it's ok.

What did gaby say?

How are you doing otherwise? I am starving and think I had 900cal in just Soups and pudding yesterday, my first full liquid day. I am worried that I don't have much restriction...

I went to the ER last night. Didn't have the flu, but may now after spending four hours with all of those sick people! I had a UTI, an ear infection and was a bit dehydrated. They gave me a bag of fluids and some liquid antibiotics. I was so relieved. Apparently, I haven't been sipping enough.

WCM- I have been pretty hungry too. Yesterday was the first day I didn't care anything about food, but that was due to the fever and chills. I've though the same thing about my restriction. I can drink way too much at a time- probably 4-5 oz in 15 min. How long do we sip the 2 oz per 15 min? Sometimes I just forget. Plain Water goes down slower but broth and juice go down so easily.

Today is a much better day! Thanks for all of your responses! :)

Don't worry ladies, you do have restriction. I thought the same thing when I was on Protein shakes and cream soups. Then when I got to blender foods, and a few bites of real food Protein went down, it HIT bottom and OH BOY!!! THERE's the restriction!! Be very careful when you get to that stage. One bite, then wait...then one more, then wait... You'll feel it, I promise.

Hey there Windy City Mom and Smiling Gal....glad you're both doing well. I had potatoe Soup yesterday....was able to eat like 1/4 cup before I took the remainder home for dinner.

Hubby tried telling me I shouldn't be eating that....well I just told him I knew what was gonna go down....

How is your inside stomach feeling ?(as in the healing of it)? mine kinda naggs of a little discomfort now and again..

I'm gonna start walkin today...I'm gonna try 1/4 mile...

love you guys keep in touch!

Jan

Oh my sg,

How are you doing today? How in the world did you get all those ailments? I'm worried about you keep me posted via pm if you can.

Dooter, thanks for the input I hope your right! I forgot that I walked for 45 min on the day that I inhaled so many cal via Soup. I feel like I sip soup all day long so today I only sipped 2/3 of my soup and then switched to Water.

G4, keep up the great work. Did you spit out the potatoe in the soup? I had mushroom and did same. How did your .25 mike go? You go girl, keep it up, you know damn well what you're doing I'm proud of you!

just got back from the walk, I was a little winded but am doing well...it's not the surgery that pains it's the hips....but this too shall pass....just keeping it going one day at a time...

had some corn meal mush this morning, was yummy but after 3 small bites my belly said full! so I took all of the left over mush and whipped out some tamalie pie for the families dinner. kill 2 birds with 1 stone...

are either of you swollowing pills down for Vitamins? or are you doing liquid vitamins?

SG - hope the ear infection is better for you now.

just got back from the walk, I was a little winded but am doing well...it's not the surgery that pains it's the hips....but this too shall pass....just keeping it going one day at a time...

had some corn meal mush this morning, was yummy but after 3 small bites my belly said full! so I took all of the left over mush and whipped out some tamalie pie for the families dinner. kill 2 birds with 1 stone...

are either of you swollowing pills down for Vitamins? or are you doing liquid vitamins?

SG - hope the ear infection is better for you now.

What's cormeal mush? Do you recommend it?

Glad to hear about your walk, you keep it up, congrats.

I am taking the chewable vitamins from costco, anyone else taking Vitamins?

I am so sick of cream of everything soup.... I haven't lost anything in almost a week, is that normal to have a stall in week 2????

Corn meal mush is like a hot Cereal, it is way good (only 2 gm protein) but I added a dash of brown sugar and a spat of real butter and a spot of milk so maybe 3 gr of Protein...

try 1 cup boil Water and add (sprinkle) 2Tablespoons corn meal over Water let it boil for 1 minute take off stove and scoop into your Cereal bowl. It was okay on my tummy...it didn't make me want to puke, It did only take about 1/4 cup to fill me up...I used the remainder of the mush and made my family tamalie pie for dinner....(and they'll have it tonight as well).

Today is the first day I have not lost any weight...so I'm still at 26 lb loss.

Keep us updated on your progress...Lisa did you get my email with our funny photo.

Jan

Hi guys sorry I am late here. Lissa was right I had an abscess from the drain and had to have a second surgery within 2 weeks of being sleeved. I did not have a fever that was high, I just did not feel good and my tummy kept getting hotter in a certain area.

Just listen to your body through the journey If there is anyone who sees this post, that would be my message...listen to your body and do not feel like you are over exaggerating. It is serious, and earlier here someone said to brethe and that is SO important to heal. Walk, sip, sip, sip...

Best to all,

Sandy