Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been the same weight for the last week. Its upsetting because i workout not once but twice a day. I eat No Carbs meats Cheeses non carb vegetables. So today the scale said the same thing and I decide to have a piece of candy. Yep a fun size 100 grand. I feel like I am in confessional lol. I figure it seems like it doesnt even matter! Well we will see what the scales shows tomorrow.

It didn't make you sick?? I'm hoping chocolate will make me sick ;)

I was at the same weight for 2 1/2 weeks. Do not get down on yourself just because you did not lose any weight in 1 week. It is commonly called a stall and we all seem to hit points along our weight loss journey that our bodies say.....you are starving me to death and just shut down and do not allow us to lose anything. Once you body adjusts the weight starts to melt away again. Maybe give yourself a little more wiggle room on what you eat. Unless you are eating carbs, fats and sugars on a regular basis they will not hurt you and some will be good for you. As for the candy bar you have to splurge a little. I have not done the entire candy bar but I have had a few chocholate chips from the bag. Keep you head held hight and tomorrow that scale will reward you with what you are looking for,

scales are rubbish. You cannot expect it to register a lower number every single day. Things just don't work that way.

Remember that a scale is measuring your total mass. That's your hair, your skin, anything you're wearing, anything in your body, etc. Nothing in that is an accurate measure of the fat in & on your body. I gain about 11 lbs when it's TOM. I lose 4 lbs just by being awake for a few hours, but obviously I haven't lost 4 lbs of fat.

Focus on less subjective measurements like how your clothes are fitting, changes in measurements, how you feel, etc.

Pounds, pounds, pounds are completely drilled into our heads, I get it. But look how destructive they can be. :(

I had a mini Reeses PB cup. scale still said 1 pound down. Seriously, I'm not a gastric bypass patient. I can have a bite of chocolate now and then. Last weekend I had a bite of ice cream. I am NOT, I repeat: I am NOT on a diet. This is my eating for life.

Diets fail and eventually you must come off a diet. To say that you'll never have a candy bar again is a sad thing. Just stick to a bite or two.

Thanks Everyone! I feel a little better. No I didnt get sick on my first piece of chocolate. I just googled the calories its 100 calories and it even has 1 gram of Protein lol!

See? It's all good ;-)

I'm with Catracks, I allow myself a treat here & there. I just went on a cruise and while I focused on my Protein, I let myself have treats during the trip (wine, cocktails & tropical drinks, a few bites of dessert, a small piece of french toast in the mornings some days, I even had some bread & butter with dinner a couple times!!). I was very active during the whole trip and ended up losing 2 lbs. I felt like I was eating like a "normal" person!! It was very liberating.

I'm with Catracks, I allow myself a treat here & there. I just went on a cruise and while I focused on my Protein, I let myself have treats during the trip (wine, cocktails & tropical drinks, a few bites of dessert, a small piece of french toast in the mornings some days, I even had some bread & butter with dinner a couple times!!). I was very active during the whole trip and ended up losing 2 lbs. I felt like I was eating like a "normal" person!! It was very liberating.

EXACTLY!! Especially when we are on maintenance, this advice will be important. There is no need to completely 100% deprive ourselves.

When I had my surgical consult, the surgeon told me that I should have Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass because he didn't believe I could lose all the weight without malabsorbtion and threat of dumping. He also said that I would only get to about 180 pounds statistically speaking. By 3 months I will blow his statistics out of the Water I think.

This does have a point. My problem was mainly volume. I never was a huge sweet eater, but when I want it, I want it. My goal was to be able to eat like a normal thin person. My husband is 5'11 and 188 pounds. It sounds like a lot, but he is lean, slim and muscled. He eats sane amounts of food and he uses little plates. When we go out, he always takes at least half home. He doesn't deprive himself of anything. He eats until satisfied. That's the way it should be.