Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 Weeks Out And Stalled Again

So i was sleeved on 2/3/12 and im now 3 1/2 weeks out... i'm on my 2ND stall so far since surgery. i've been stuck at 226 for almost a week now... the last stall i had started around 10 days out and i was stuck at 229..What can i do to break this stall? im gettin mad because i always hear month 1 is the month where u lose the most weight and im like barely losing. i lost most of my weight in week 1. i've been trying different things such as drinking more Water, eating less carbs, eating more carbs, eating nothing but Protein, not eating at all (doing liquids/shakes), eating more frequently... NOTHING IS WORKING. i know i should've expected the "Week 3 stall" but i thought id get lucky and skip it since i already stalled after week 1.

i'm almost 4 weeks out.

i've lost 20 lbs so far

i'm in the mushies stage

havent started exercising yet (besides being on my feet all day at work im a waitress)

Twenty pounds in a month is great!! From looking at your picture, I'm guessing that you started at a lower BMI than many here, so you will probably lose weight slower than most. Keep following your plan, 64 oz of Water, 70g of Protein. The weight will come off and you will see it happen very quickly. Just don't stress on it. IMO, stress makes it seem even slower when you're in a stall.

Good luck!! :)

I had two stalls within the first 4 weeks too. I was freaking out and then read here that most have these stalls early. And I dont really think we can do something to break the stall. So dont worry, you'll surely move past this soon. All the best!

Twenty pounds in a month is great!! From looking at your picture, I'm guessing that you started at a lower BMI than many here, so you will probably lose weight slower than most. Keep following your plan, 64 oz of Water, 70g of Protein. The weight will come off and you will see it happen very quickly. Just don't stress on it. IMO, stress makes it seem even slower when you're in a stall.

Good luck!! :)

my bmi was either 42 or 43 when i had surgery. now its around 38. im happy about losing the 20 lbs so far but honestly, i've lost 20 lbs a month on my own, eating more food than i eat now plenty of times..of course i was never able to keep it off permanently, and when i did it on my own i never stalled like this. :( its so frustrating. i just wish there was something i could do to break it. i need to stop weighing myself everyday, but its SO HARD.

i haven't had surgery yet...but from being on diet after diet and turning into a scale-o-holic, i know that the scale can take over your life. If its stressing you out, put it away for a week. See what happens. Good luck , and great job so far. you look great!!

I'm just now 3 weeks out and down 20 but I think the KEY to keep telling ourselves is ... We never kept the weight OFF before THIS time we WILL! I keep that in my mind at all times. Ya I've lost the same 35# about 35x in the past 17 yrs but this time when I get to 165 which is 15# away for me right now I KNOW that I will never weigh 200 again! So that's my personal 1st goal. I haven't been at that weight in 11 yrs. I can't wait !!!! and I hope I get there maybe by the time I'm 2mo post op. Just keep your eye on the prize!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I've had many stalls in the past 6 months. They always pass and I suddenly lose 3 or 4 pounds. Be sure to eat a variety of foods and not the same thing day after day.

20 pounds is awesome in a month! I lost 20 pounds in my first month(24 now,at 5 weeks out) and it feels great! If you lose another 20 every month,your excess weight will be gone in no time girl!! Just have to give it time,and let your body take it's own course. And yes,those pounds are never coming back,it's not like those yo-yo diets we've all done before where we lose a bit,stall,then give up and gain the weight back and then some,our sleeves will keep working as long as we utilize them right,they will get us through the stall and probably lose a couple extra pounds after. :) Even if you do lose the weight slower than others,you're still gonna lose it. ((HUGS))

So i was sleeved on 2/3/12 and im now 3 1/2 weeks out... i'm on my 2ND stall so far since surgery. i've been stuck at 226 for almost a week now... the last stall i had started around 10 days out and i was stuck at 229..What can i do to break this stall? im gettin mad because i always hear month 1 is the month where u lose the most weight and im like barely losing. i lost most of my weight in week 1. i've been trying different things such as drinking more water' date=' eating less carbs, eating more carbs, eating nothing but Protein, not eating at all (doing liquids/shakes), eating more frequently... NOTHING IS WORKING. i know i should've expected the "Week 3 stall" but i thought id get lucky and skip it since i already stalled after week 1.

i'm almost 4 weeks out.

i've lost 20 lbs so far

i'm in the mushies stage

havent started exercising yet (besides being on my feet all day at work im a waitress)[/quote']

I know how you feel , I am 4 half weeks out and only lost 17 lbs this was in the first two weeks and stalled the last two weeks don't understand why

You are doing great, dont sweat it. 20 lbs in a month is good. You are like me, not a high bmi to start so we will most likely lose a bit slower than most. Keepup the good work and dont stress about it.