Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just called my VSG coordinator. I have been holding off calling her but when I did, I was a nervous wreck. She told me to calm down several times. I had so many questions. I have to get an IVC filter and It hadn't been scheduled & also my paperwork has not been submitted to the insurance. I want this done NOW!!!!! I am afraid the insurance will deny me, thus moving my appointments/surgery further into the future. I'm a little calmer now but I still want this stuff done ASAP.

On the bright side, I only have to do a 1 week pre-op diet!!

** Excuse my rant. If I could rant about my upcoming nursing boards to someone here, I would do that too!!!!*

I hear ya! I am self pay and had my first appointment with surgeon today. I pretty much told him I want his next surgery date. I did not realize that even being self pay I have lots of things to do first. I am so anxious and just want t to get here and know everything will be okay.

Good luck on your nursing boards, maybe studying for those will get your mind off it!

I hear you on the filter! Are they leaving it in or removing it after surgery? Mine was removed, thankfully! :)

I hear you on the filter! Are they leaving it in or removing it after surgery? Mine was removed, thankfully! :)

They are giving me the option of keeping it if I want to. i am leaning towards letting it stay in.

I hear ya! I am self pay and had my first appointment with surgeon today. I pretty much told him I want his next surgery date. I did not realize that even being self pay I have lots of things to do first. I am so anxious and just want t to get here and know everything will be okay.

Good luck on your nursing boards, maybe studying for those will get your mind off it!

Thanks!! I'm trying my best.

Totally understandable on the nerves. I had to go through all the hoops too for insurance and all the pre-op appts, but I think the biggest thing with all of these appts is 1) they look at everything so if there is anything wrong, you will certainely know..and with that, it can give you peace of mind beforehand and then 2) I think a major reason is so that you can't rush into surgery without really thinking it through. Almost like a waiting period, which, now that I am a month and a half out of surgery, I think is really a good idea. This is really something to think about before you do it.

Congrats on your nursing boards and on being SLEEVED soon.. I believe you'll do great in both regards!!!

It's normal to be nervous, just don't get too stressed... Think good thoughts and prepare... Everything will be fine.. You are making one of the best decisions of you life, in my opinion.. At least, it was for me!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Loser's Bench and perhaps at a nursing conference (I'm considering Nursing school!!)

Totally understandable on the nerves. I had to go through all the hoops too for insurance and all the pre-op appts, but I think the biggest thing with all of these appts is 1) they look at everything so if there is anything wrong, you will certainely know..and with that, it can give you peace of mind beforehand and then 2) I think a major reason is so that you can't rush into surgery without really thinking it through. Almost like a waiting period, which, now that I am a month and a half out of surgery, I think is really a good idea. This is really something to think about before you do it.

Thanks for the comment!!

I really don't mind the appointmets. i work in the medical field so I know how it is to be missing one thing and a test or procedure is denied. The coordinator was going to wait until to next week to send the paperwork to insurance but I would feel better if it wasn't rushed. I know I should sit back and let her do her job but this is my FIRST time having any surgery or hospital stay!!!

Congrats on your decision to get sleeved. Also, Good luck on your boards. I just overcame that obstacle last week. You will do just fine!

Congrats on your nursing boards and on being SLEEVED soon.. I believe you'll do great in both regards!!!

It's normal to be nervous, just don't get too stressed... Think good thoughts and prepare... Everything will be fine.. You are making one of the best decisions of you life, in my opinion.. At least, it was for me!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Loser's Bench and perhaps at a nursing conference (I'm considering Nursing school!!)

Thanks for the comment!!

1st of all I believe you will do great in Nursing school!! It is a commitment as is the sleeve so I believe I will suceed also.