Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2004 Florida Bandster Bash Coming Up

The 2003 Florida Bandster Bash is rapidly approaching. I can't

believe it. For those that are interested, please visit our website.

http://www.floridabandsterbash.com

The Bash is going to be a great mix of fun and education, and is

geared to all stages of banding. If you came last year, you know

that it is going to be a great time. The best part is that it is

being held at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel here in Tampa. We are

looking forward to hearing from great speakers, including Dr.

Grossbard and CoffeeWench. Dr. Gary and Dr. Susan will be holding

some great sessions that everyone will enjoy!

Meet new friends and hook up with old ones.

I hope you can join us. If you have any questions, feel free to drop

a line at floridabandsters@hotmail.com

Take care

Donna Valdes

I think she means 2004. I don't know who Dr. Susan* is, but Dr. Gary* is a guy who kept coming to another board, posting "supportive helpful posts," and never forgot to include a link to his site where he could sell you online counseling. He IS NOT a wls patient. I'm just giving y'all a heads up in case he slithers on in to this site.

*I think they went to school with Dr. Dan (the Band-Aid Man) and Nurse Nancy. Sorry, but I think that approach is SOOOOO pretentious. It's a clever way of saying, "We'll pretend I'm your friend, THAT'S why we're using my first name; but make sure you use the 'Doctor' title in front of it, just so I get treated with the deference I'm sure I deserve." Bite me.

You are right, I meant 2004. I also put together 2003, just hard to believe the next one is right here.

Dr. Gary and Dr. Susan are wonderful people. They have helped me and lots of my bandster buddies. They run local support groups here, free of charge. They now work with the surgeons. They are great mental therapists. Anyone that has seen or heard them knows what I'm talking about.

And you are right, they are not WLS patients themselves. Only Dr. Grossbard is both a surgeon and patient (or at least the only one I know of).

Well, take care all.

Donna

The Gary person used to post on the Spotlight Board. There were many complaints and reports to Administration and then he wss no longer there. His altruism would have been easier to accept if he had not been soliciting business at the same time.

Grossbard (Florida) was banded, about a year ago, I think, by Ortiz (Tijuana). Rumbaut (Monterrey) was banded, several years ago, by Favretti (Italy.) There's another one, too, but it's a good thing I don't remember his name and couldn't post it if I did. Rumor has it he goes to his hotel room and unfills his own band so he can pig out at conferences and the like.

Unfill his own band to pig out??? That is gross and so much for being a positive example for his patients! I couldn't imagine sticking that needle in me and doing my own fill either.... Fills already make me queezy.....

It's not Grossbard...he just got his band. And it's not Rumbaut. But for the life of me I can't remember who it is...senility on my part, I guess.

I know of Ann Marie Tessie (RN) who told me she Fills and Un-fills her-self and has scarfed a meal or 2 so I believe that it can be done ...If I could ? would I? To be able to fill/unfill yourself is totaly weird, initself(thats a word?)

Habbits are hard to "brake"