Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have read lots in here, so either I missed it or it is not there. fruit, no one mentions this, have people put it in their shakes, had as snack, which ones gave complications, which ones r the best

Ty for any feedbac

I eat fruit daily and have since about 3 months out. Applesauce did not work for me, but it is typically one of the first fruits people put back into their sleeves (along with maybe mashed banana, which also did not work for me). I started, strangely enough, with grapefruit, for which I had an intense craving--maybe I needed the Vitamin C? At any rate, I ate grapefruit almost daily for a few months, along with a couple of cubes of melon of various kinds over the summer. Now, happily, it's early strawberry season down here, and I'm enjoying those. I ate cherries, too, last season, and will definitely enjoy those again. Oranges, too, and pears.

I find that it's the skins of things like grapes that cause problems, and in the early sleeve days, strawberries were difficult (don't know if it's the tiny seeds/texture or what).

My advice would be, if you're craving something, try a bite of it. Don't eat an entire serving. If that works, great, add a little more next time. Advance your fruit eating the same way you advance other parts of your diet, slowly and carefully. If you're low-carbing, fruit is quite high in carbs, but they are definitely beneficial ones if you're eating the fruit fresh and not in sugary Syrup. A lot of folks include fruit in their morning smoothies, as well.

I'm 7 weeks out and eat strawberries almost every day. They're in season her in California so I go with it. No problems. So far I've had grapefruit, oranges, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, avocado and bananas.

I use the fresh stuff as Snacks and throw the frozen ones into my Protein shakes.

Keep in mind I had an Iron stomach before surgery and seem to have an Iron sleeve. Nothing bothers it unless I eat dense Protein too fast.

Yes, there are the carbs, but as Meg said, these are healthy ones. I guess the idea is to not overdo it and eat some protein along with the fruit. I like cheese with mine :-)

ty i was thinking once i have this i would like to blend the fruit in my shakes so good to know that i can,

The nutritionist at my surgeons office said, "No, you don't want to make it into a smoothie." She was talking about mixing with Water and adding only Crystal Light packets. I use 2% milk and drop a few berries, SF Torani Syrup and/or SF Jello powders into them. Maybe blackberry cheesecake this morning hmmmm?

Seriously, if I didn't, I wouldn't be getting enough calories. I'm still under 700 now. 3 or 4 small berries isn't going to kill anything. Just go easy. 1/4 of a banana is plenty to flavor a shake too. Some people use Peanut Butter powder in them. My favorite is to use 4oz of coffee and 2 oz of milk with chocolate Protein powder and chocolate Torani syrup.

Sometime I think these nutritionists need to get out more. They are too restrictive sometimes.

Every morning with Breakfast I have about 1/4 cup of the jarred ruby red grapefruit sections with its juice. It tastes really refreshing since I can't drink anything for 1/2 hour after that.Strawberries are in seaon here now and I am eating one with lunch every day. I have not had any issues with any fruit I have tried. Sometimes your doctor makes you wait several weeks before you can eat solid wholes fruits, but he will probably want you to take the skin off apples first.

I'm pretty far out from surgery but starting at around 4 months out I began to eat and introduce more fruits into my diet. Early out I was eating bananas and the softer fruits, but didn't start the citrus fruits until later due to the acidic content.

Fruit is wonderful and super healthy for our bodies, full and packed with nutrients and Vitamins we NEED to survive! GOD created these amazing foods for us to take in and enjoy at the same time as replenishing our systems with what we need.

I have eaten everything to date pretty much (unless I just don't like it, like avocadoes) as a matter of fact I have a tablespoon of cranberries in my oatmeal right this second. :)

That said when I am working hard to lose weight quickly I do ignore fruits for a few days. But it's never really any longer than that. Fruits and veggies!! Sooo important for us.

I'm pretty far out from surgery but starting at around 4 months out I began to eat and introduce more fruits into my diet. Early out I was eating bananas and the softer fruits, but didn't start the citrus fruits until later due to the acidic content.

Fruit is wonderful and super healthy for our bodies, full and packed with nutrients and Vitamins we NEED to survive! GOD created these amazing foods for us to take in and enjoy at the same time as replenishing our systems with what we need.

I have eaten everything to date pretty much (unless I just don't like it, like avocadoes) as a matter of fact I have a tablespoon of cranberries in my oatmeal right this second. :)

That said when I am working hard to lose weight quickly I do ignore fruits for a few days. But it's never really any longer than that. Fruits and veggies!! Sooo important for us.

Couldn't have said it better.

In November or so, our pomegranates ripen. I make jam with most of them and I save the excess juice to put in ice cube trays to freeze. My only concern are the seed I eat. Each seed is a glob of juice that surrounds something just a little softer than a popcorn kernel and I was in the habit of swallowing them. It's it bad for the sleeve almost a year out?

Couldn't have said it better.

In November or so, our pomegranates ripen. I make jam with most of them and I save the excess juice to put in ice cube trays to freeze. My only concern are the seed I eat. Each seed is a glob of juice that surrounds something just a little softer than a popcorn kernel and I was in the habit of swallowing them. It's it bad for the sleeve almost a year out?

I swallow seeds accidently sometimes, and I've never had any issues to date. The tiny seeds are an issue in the first few months but pretty much after that you are good to go. :) HTH

BTW.. Love Pomegramate!!

I love fruit. The first fruit I added back was watermelon. Just 1/4 cup. It's very low acid and for the first couple of months I was very sensitive to anything acidic. i also enjoyed adding a couple of frozen strawberries to Protein shakes or yogurt smoothies. The next fruits I ate were applesauce and bananas.

Now that I'm further out I can eat any fruit I want. Just like everything else, I don't eat the amount I used to pre-op. For example, day before yesterday I had some frozen mixed berries in my yogurt at breakfast and for an after dinner snack I ate 1/2 orange.

Lynda

I swallow seeds accidently sometimes, and I've never had any issues to date. The tiny seeds are an issue in the first few months but pretty much after that you are good to go. :) HTH

BTW.. Love Pomegramate!!

I've been eating strawberries like they are going out of style. I'm two months out. Little seeds huh?

Catracks, yes, little seeds are thought to perhaps get caught in the incision line. It's always better to wait to eat them for a few months out. Being you are two months, I'm sure you're fine.

I can eat all fruit with no problems...initially I didn't eat very much, because the focus was on getting Protein in first, so there was no room. When I met with my nut at 9 months out, he said the only thing I needed to start doing was adding the fruit in. I started by drinking OJ and now I'm able to eat more and able to add fruit in.