Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ever since my surgery 6 weeks ago i am just drained for energy. I go to work and then collapse on my couch. Im trying to get in all my Protein and liquids but damn its hard! and Im getting around 50-60 grams of protein and 600-700 cals a day.

problem is that to really make the most of my sleeve i really need to hit the gym hard but i don't feel like i have the energy and Im afraid if i push myself I'll pass out or something...

Has anyone encountered this? i want to try the 5 hour energy not just for the gym but whenever i feel like Im getting exhausted. Has anyone had any adverse affects from it? or has anyone found another solution?

The solution is on the way:), "TIME"

give it more few weeks and u will be amazed by the energy levels that u will start to have:) thats completely normal in the first few month , I remember regaining my energy in the first week of my 4th month. just go easy on urself now.

My work outs were a medium intensity of 30 mins long. Are you taking any B complex supplement?

B12 is great, I hate shots so I took them in the form of pills.< /p>

I'm afraid of the 5 hour energy drinks myself. The ones I have seen as loaded with caffeine, which acts as a diuretic. Since most of us struggle early post-op to get our liquids, I wouldn't take the drink. Instead, concentrate on getting your Water and Protein in, and make sure you are taking adequate Vitamins to help meet your nutritional needs. I specifically recommend B-12. I take a sublingual B-12 every day and I can feel the difference in my energy level when I miss it for even a day.

Look at your Vitamin regime and see if there is something you are missing. I take a Multivitamin, B-12, Biotin, and Calcium every morning, plus more Calcium and an acid reducer at night. I have other meds I take by prescription as well.

You might also benefit by talking to a nutritionist or dietician about adding more carbs to your diet. Carbs are necessary to give you the energy to work out.

I have to add that I've had very little problem with low energy or exhaustion. I woke up from surgery feeling like a new person and that hasn't changed for me yet. However, I have seen lots of people who are tired, just from the healing process itself. It takes about 6 months for the stomach to completely heal.

Good luck! I hope you find the solution quickly.

I agree that time and Vitamins are the key. If you read my old posts I was exhausted around the same time too. This Friday I will be four months postop and I'm really feeling alot more energy. I wouldn't say I'm full of energy but definately much much better. My doctor has also given me 50,000iu of Vit D3 twice a week for three months and last week I finished the three months, had my Vit D tested and it's within the normal range again. I also took my daily chewable Multivitamins and B12 religiously. It worked for me. It's also a good idea to report your fatigue to your doctor to get their opinion.