Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started My Liqued Diet Today.....

Today I Started my three day liquid diet stage before the surgery. It hasn't been too bad. Actually I am pretty proud of myself my family has not been the greatest about not pigging out in front of me so the temptation has been right in my face!!

Does anybody remember how this part feels? The only thing that I can figure out is my body is making adjustments for not having food. It feels like my stomach is empty but slushy, I'm terrible at trying to explain how It is.

Anyway only three more days to surgery. :) :):)

Today I Started my three day liquid diet stage before the surgery. It hasn't been too bad. Actually I am pretty proud of myself my family has not been the greatest about not pigging out in front of me so the temptation has been right in my face!!

Does anybody remember how this part feels? The only thing that I can figure out is my body is making adjustments for not having food. It feels like my stomach is empty but slushy' date=' I'm terrible at trying to explain how It is.

Anyway only three more days to surgery. :) :):)[/quote']

Hi! Me too..surgery on wed!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow, but my surgery isn't for 2 more weeks. Good luck! Hopefully it goes quickly for you.

Hehe...YA I remember. My liquid diet was for two weeks and I'm basically still on it! My surgery was on the 13th, so I'm still on liquids. By the time I'm done with this phase is will be 5 weeks on liquids all together. Blenderized food has never looked so good! It took me the first 3 days just to detox from the coffee and sugar and whatnot, so I felt flu-ish and just generally lousy. Feeling pretty good now though! You'll do great! How long after will you be on liquids?

Good luck on this two week torture diet. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! So important not to cheat. One day at a time guys, one day a time and your surgery - yes VSG surgery is here.

I just had my surgery on 2/22/12 and had to go through 2 weeks of the preop diet. It gave me a chance to try out some of what I would experience on the other side. Mainly, I started focusing on making sure that I stopped drinking Water 15-30 minutes before one of my Protein shakes and that I didn't start drinking Water again until 15-30 minutes after.

I also think that the 2 weeks of pre op dieting and the one day of clear fluids helped out with some of the mental stuff. At least it was not an abrupt stoppage of solid/regular food a day before the surgery. So, I was somewhat accustomed to not eating big meals, etc.

I'll echo the sentiments about not cheating. Cheating isn't worth it. One of the other reasons for the pre op diet is to assist in reducing the size of the patient's liver. This makes it easier for the surgeon to do their job and makes it less likely that the patient's liver will be roughed up in the process. Part of the liver has to be moved out of the way to free up the stomach for the surgery.

Best of luck with your surgery! I wish you a healthy and wonderful outcome!

I'll be honest, I think the 2 week pre-op liquid diet was harder than anything post-op has been. For those two weeks I was on Optifast getting in 800 calories a day with a regular sized stomach that was used to getting 3000 calories a day. It was not easy but it was absolutely worth it. Stay strong and stay motivated! We're all here for you, too! You will be so happy!

The two week pre op was brutal, no way I could have done it had it not been for surgery. I was very proud of myself that I did not cheat. I keep telling myself if I cheated they wouldn't do the surgery. I just had my surgery and now have several weeks of liquids to look forward too. But at this point, that's fine by me, one day at a time.

My two week diet was hard for me and just like you family would just pig out in my face I would do good until I smelled the food I cheated a couple of times thou.... But now that I'm 5dpo I smell the food and just know its not an option..... The last 3 days of the diet being all liquid was extremely hard but them the last day I got Tom tortilla Soup broth and a v8 splash juice and that was the fullest I felt in days..... Good luck to ya

Thank you all for the support. The only thing im kind of worried is flying on a what feels like an empty stomach. I get very car sick and although I have flown before it has never been while starving!! Haha Me and my husband are leaving in the morning for Nashville to fly to California and then to Mexico! Surgery is on the 29th

Thank you all for your kind words and I will be checking in soon!!

The pre-op is like the hardest part of it all. You can get through it though. I do remember how hard it is,I will never forget my husband and I arguing over me wanting to trash these sugar cookies(I so threw them away) bc he kept bringing in all kinds of HORRIBLE junk food in aka stuff I would normally pig out on..LOL. I even vented here about it. I was a mess,but got through it. Lost 15 pounds pre-op and 24 pounds in the 5 weeks since being sleeved. You got this girl,just keep your eye on the prize!

Does anybody remember how this part feels? The only thing that I can figure out is my body is making adjustments for not having food. It feels like my stomach is empty but slushy' date=' I'm terrible at trying to explain how It is.

Anyway only three more days to surgery. :) :):)[/quote']

I'm getting so scared...I am super worried about not being able tot figure out what to do postoperative...worried about the recovery and just about anything else u can think of

Help!?!?!

Thank you all for the support. The only thing im kind of worried is flying on a what feels like an empty stomach. I get very car sick and although I have flown before it has never been while starving!! Haha Me and my husband are leaving in the morning for Nashville to fly to California and then to Mexico! Surgery is on the 29th

Thank you all for your kind words and I will be checking in soon!!

Good luck..I also get sleeved on the 29th..let's keep in touch!

Good luck this diet was hard for me but try the tortilla Soup broth v8 fusion juices drink drink drink I even did Campbell's chicken noodle strained noodles added Water and boom crystal light singles and the for a snack crystal light hard candies to suck on it was hard for me I'm not gonna lie my family was all in my face eating too I cheated too.... You will make it thou good luck

Good luck this diet was hard for me but try the tortilla Soup broth v8 fusion juices drink drink drink I even did Campbell's chicken noodle strained noodles added Water and boom crystal light singles and the for a snack crystal light hard candies to suck on it was hard for me I'm not gonna lie my family was all in my face eating too I cheated too.... You will make it thou good luck

Thanks!