Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Eat Or To Drink...that Is The Question

Just my luck...as I set a real goal...my loss slows down to a mere 2 lbs in one week. I am reading and everyone seems to say drink more. The other posts say to eat more Protein. The problem is, I can't possibly do both. Either I can drink or I can eat. Rarely do I do both within hours of the other. I can drink all day long. Then, when I eat, I am nauseated. Which makes me not want to eat...so I drink. I am trying to lose 25 more pounds before March 13th. I want to have lost over 75lbs by my doctors appointment. I exercise daily and drink lots of Water. I average 300 calories daily, but don't always keep it down. If you guys have any ideas, I am all ears (eyes lol). Oh, and I am usually nauseated or having heart burn so I don't eat certain foods...mostly meat and Protein Bars.

I take Omeprazole every day or I will have heartburn or reflux too. I drink. I've had better results with drinking. It seem like since I started regular foods my weight loss slowed down.

just wanted to ask when did you have your surgery? 300 cal seems very low and that could be why the slow down.. Since you are working out every day you may need to be trying to intake more cal.. Even if it thru Protein Shakes.< /p>

Hey!! How far out are you?? I am a month out. In my honest opinion,I would say that the key is to get more liquids AND Protein in.

It is very frustrating for me also bc I can get alot of liquids in usually but the minute I put solids (softs) into my sleeve,I can barely stomach any liquids or protein for the rest of the day,AND my loss slowed when I went to solids(softs). So what I have resorted to is cutting back on the solids and getting in more liquids as well as depending a lil more on the protein supplements. This morning I doubled up on my Protein Drink. About 9 ozs of fat free milk(10 grams protein),2 scoops of Unjury chocolate protein powder(40 grams protein!),which is seriously deelish! It turns out to be 280 calories,1 gram of fat,and 50 grams of protein! =) So,I got that down,worked down 20 ozs of Water, got on my treadmill,now I have filled another 20 oz bottle of water with one pack of crystal light lemonade and one scoop of strawberry sorbet unjury protein(20 grams protein). When I finish this,I will have had 70 grams of protein for the day,380 calories,40 ounces of water and 9 ozs of fat free milk. I'm free to just drink on water and eat food since I have gotten most liquids in.. My dr tells me not to depend on protein supplements still at a month out but I feel like at some point if my weight loss is stalling or slowing and I'm not able to get lots of Fluid and protein in like I need to bc of eating solids,I can make my own desicions about my body and at least try it and see if it helps out. So,this is what I am trying for now. It keeps me full and hydrated,and I get most my protein out of the way in the morning. Sorry for the rambling lol,I hope this may help you!

In thinking you need to focus on giving your body fuel! Even in my first week postop I was getting in more than 300cals just because of my Protein Shakes.< /p>

I had my sleeve done on 12/26/11. I am sure I should have more Cal's but not really fitting them in. Thanks for all the feed back. I am not doing great this weekend because I have been so nauseated by food. Drinking more Water ...more to come.