Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet...

We are one in the same...I recently became a stay at home mom, and have started gaining slowly again because of way too much free time...that mixed with my love of food is gonna make the 2 weeks rough on me as well but I will just keep envisioning surgery and weight loss and say LOTS of prayers and that's my plan for making it through...LOL

We are one in the same...I recently became a stay at home mom, and have started gaining slowly again because of way too much free time...that mixed with my love of food is gonna make the 2 weeks rough on me as well but I will just keep envisioning surgery and weight loss and say LOTS of prayers and that's my plan for making it through...LOL

That is exactly what I keep envisioning. Surgery and weightloss. That is the only thing getting me through this. LOL

I also started on Tuesday. I attempted to start 2 weeks out and I had some rough spots but as of today I feel great. Jello doesn’t really agree with my for some reason. I’m just worried Im doing it right. 4 shakes a day, some Greek yogurt & chicken broth is my main diet at this point. Ive lost 5lbs. And I recommend the Wegmans whey Protein if you have one in you area. I think it tastes better than most I have tried. The shakes are starting to get nasty on me too, that’s why I switched the brand. It helped a lot. I knew when I stole a bite of my 17 month olds Soup that I have an issue, so I have really been sticking with it!!! Best of luck everyone. My Day is the 29th (Leap Sleeve!)

Hello

I am a leap sleeve as well, and I had to do 14 day pre-op diet I will admit some days did not go well. But today and tomorrow I am on a clear liquid diet and I am not swaying away from that at all. What date are you gonna use as your annivery date going foward? Feb 28th or March 1st?

LoL i never liked sweets myself just rice, Pasta, breads, oatmeal, orange juice and a few others. You would be surprised as to what you actually put in your mouth. I swear to god I never ate alot at all. I just ate the wrong things even though they were considered healthy by the famed nutritional pyramid.

Sit down and calculate for awhile and you will see where I am coming from. Just dont hate me cause I said you were a carb addict. I just assumed so cause everyone next to me is.

LOL no hate coming from this way..I think maybe this whole not eating thing has me a little crabby plus PMS (not a good combo, let me tell ya). I feel like a b**ch on wheels. So I apologize in advance if I come off grumpy sounding LOL

Maybe it was a carb addiction..idk..lol but I just feel like 'meh'

I also have severe Migraines to the point of medication not helping. Stress is my main trigger, but aspartame and preservatives make them worse.

Lol...I am sure I'll be going thru the same thing...I am addicted to caffeine...and I love carbs..kicking of either habit gives u headaches...so both mixed with not eating mixed with PMSing means I will feel sooooo bad for my hubby and kids...hehehehhe...

I cheated with Peanut Butter the first week but dont tell nobody. I was literally shaking at times because of starvation. Good luck to both of yall but trust me you will get to a point where food doesnt matter.

A point where food doesn't matter sounds like heaven. I so look forward to that day!!

I started my pre-op liquid diet February 22 and am scheduled for surgery March 1, 2012. I was so apprehensive going into it. The first day was heck. After that, I seem to have more energy already and have since lost over 5lbs. I have not been able to move that scale in a downward direction for the past 6 months!!

If I could have the surgery tomorrow, I would. This weekend was very tough, especially on Sunday. I had to send my hubbie and daughter to church alone and out to dinner. That hurt not being able to be with them. After my personal "pity-party", I sucked it up and moved on.

I am hoping that my sacrificing now will pay off with many many days added to my life which might otherwise be shortened from obesity.

Looking forward to March 1:)

God Bless all of you who are going through the same trial that I am.

The pre-op diet does get better, I did mine from Oct 24, 2011- January 10, 2012. From Oct-Jan 5 it was supposed to be 3 shakes and 1 meal with lean meat and veggies, but I could only stomach 1 shake, 2 when I was being good. From Jan 5-Jan 10 it was supposed to be 4 shakes, I only did 2 shakes. The shakes had to be 0 carbs. I did the mistake of buying 10 lbs of an unflavored Protein that I used to love, I ended up hating it.

The key to my Protein Shakes now is milk, I couldn't have milk before the surgery because of the carbs, but I can have them now. I love Calorie Countdown.

The good news is that I was super ready for the 1 month liquid diet I was on after surgery, and I lost alot of weight.

I have never had a carb addiction. Not really a sweet eater. I just had a LARGE capacity for food and never really felt full and when I did it wasnt for long.

Ha! You dont realize EVERYTHING is made of carbs until you cant have any!

Its my first day of the preop diet and I too am told to drink Protein Shakes all day and am allowed a small lean dinner. I hate milk as well but found that I am able to tolerate Peanut Butter flavor shakes only made with mostly ice. I recommend muscle maker grill if anyone is in the northeast area! Everytime I try to make my own its disgusting so Ill just pay the money

Ha! You dont realize EVERYTHING is made of carbs until you cant have any!

Can't really have any now, and all I want is a big fat juicy steak, seared on both sides but pink in the middle. Like I said, I have never really been a big carb eater. When I dream of food i dream of meat LOL

I can say that things have gotten a little easier. Getting sick of the protien shakes, but I just really need to mix the tastes up.

I am going to dread my pre-op diet because I am a cook for a living and that is going to be the hardest part. I will just have to keep reminding myself of my goal and remember that it will all be worth it in the end.