Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurts A Little When I Drink.

hi, I'm two days post op and everytime I drink something, cold or warm, it feels weird and kind of like hearburn, but not in my throat. It comes from my stomach when it reaches my pouch. Anyone else experiencing this and why does this happen? Thanks for your help in advance.

Hey Melly! I was sleeved on Monday, so I am certainly no pro, but I have the same problem! I figured out that for me it is colder Water that is a killer for me. It almost feels like my stomach has a muscle spasm. Until yesterday I would barf every single time... I tried warm water last night and it has been great!! So much easier! If you haven't tried maybe warm it up ;) keep in touch! I'd love to share experiences!

Sabrina

I am exactly one week post-op today!!! Yay!!! But I am still having that feeling. It makes it very hard to keep things down and also its hard to encourage myself to drink because of the pain. But warm liquids are definitely better. Sipping some warm herbal tea has helped. Good luck. I hope you feel better :)

also drinking my Protein Shakes room temp.

thanks, ladies. it helps that i'm not the only one. I tried both warm and cold drinks, but get the same result. Today is better than yesterday though. Hopefully it will go away in the next few days. I'm also taking small sips, not big gulps.

Thanks again!

I am 7 days post op and colds still feel like a brick going down. Now warm clears go down great. i am still on clears about to switch over to full liquids when I feel like it. Theres no point in stressing your new stomachs. Just take it easy. As of right now I can take in 3 big sips of Fluid before I feel the brick. Then I feel air bubbles escaping then its fine

Jerry, I would stay away from dairy. It's not good for your new sleeve. Try lukewarm, warm, or ice cold Water to see if that helps. I also tried standing while I drank and I didn't feel the pain. My pain is a lot better now. Just had to give it some time. Junior, I feel the air bubbles too, I feel like an aquarium! :P

Jerry, I would stay away from dairy. It's not good for your new sleeve. Try lukewarm, warm, or ice cold Water to see if that helps. I also tried standing while I drank and I didn't feel the pain. My pain is a lot better now. Just had to give it some time. Junior, I feel the air bubbles too, I feel like an aquarium! :P

Why is dairy bad for a new sleeve?

My post op says that I CAN have skim milk. I just choose not to cause I think its gross. But however I did try it day 6 and didnt have any problems. Hot/warm liquids go down easy but I am hardheaded. I have to have ice in my drinks. A little discomfort is a small price for a nice cold glass of apple juice. Water and flavored waters go down the worst in my case. Keep sipping. I can get down 3 big sips fine but ends in aquarium bubbles coming up also. New sleeves do funny things to people.

It use to feel like swallowing a golf ball every time I drank something...it gets better with time, I promise :)

hi, I'm two days post op and everytime I drink something, cold or warm, it feels weird and kind of like hearburn, but not in my throat. It comes from my stomach when it reaches my pouch. Anyone else experiencing this and why does this happen? Thanks for your help in advance.

I am two weeks post op and still have this trouble. I have been told that it is because of the swelling in your stomach and the sleeve. Good luck, I know how much it hurts.

I am two weeks post op and still have this trouble. I have been told that it is due to the swelling. Good luck, I know it doesn't feel great.

Same for me. I was sleeved 3 days ago and when I sip, I get the same discomfort, minor pain when it hits the top of my stomach and again when it hits the bottom. I hope it stops soon. Are at least before I return to work in 3 weeks.