Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat

This struck me as really wierd, so I had to share it with you guys! This morning as DH and I began our walk, we were several blocks from home, and a beautiful little reddish/blonde dog come running up to us, like she had missed us for a long time. well she was well behaved, and friendly, but not street smart, several cars had to come to screaching halts to avoid her. Finally we got her over to us again, and we found she did have a collar, so DH took off his belt, and we made a temp leash, finished our walk, come home to call the # on the rabies tag. The tag was from 2005, and from across the state. When I told her where I was calling from, she said I was the 3rd call, and the owners # they had was disconnected, and none here matching the name. So we called animal control, and let them know we have her if someone calls to inquire or claim, otherwise looks like we have a dog. Now for the wierd part....I ask the vet fromthe rabies tag what her name was....her name is Lucy!!! I am not sure I am emotionally ready for another dog, I am hoping her real Mama calls!!!

Glad to hear the vet is not thinking something terrible with your Lucy. Talk to y'all later!

Kat

Hey guys,

Sorry its been so long but I have just one busy girl! And since my brother has been in school for the past week or so he has pretty much camped out at the computer after he gets home. Any ways I just wanted to say to Patty that even though we always dont understand whats going on and why. God has a plan and he has a reson. You will get there just just might have to take a diffrent route. I also had mine done in mexico. But I admire your strength in trying to get approved. Well it looks like all is well with everyone right now wich is always a good thing! And for Cindy and Sherri, at least you have some restriction. I am scheduled for my first fill on the 23rd next month and I am looking forward to it. But im sure you will get it all figured out. Well guys I am soooo excited my sister and her two girls fly in from Wa tomorrow and I havent seen them in over a year. I miss her like crazy. And lucky me her husband is staying home :) Anyways Sorry I didnt have long enough to say hi to everyone , but I miss you all! Got to get back to work . MUAH

Kat thats to wild LOLOL sounds like the dog was meant to be.... there's a reason she ran to you *shrug*

Natesmommy, enjoy having your sister and the kidlets over :)

Dianne, glad Lucy is there for observation.. crossing fingers for you :)

My sister and kids just left. They were here all day and its so nice when the house is back to peace and quiet lol. The rain is amazing, it seems like its never gonna end, my pool is filled to the top and now its so cold b/c of the rain... oh well what can you do.

Well kids, ttyl.

Hugs

Kat... She's yours... We'll be needing pictures... :)

Dianne... I know everything will be okay with Lucy... okay... I don't know... but I am pretty sure... (((Hugs))) Oh... and I live in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Aliison... How exciting that you are going to see your family after so long!!! I can't even imagine not living near my sister... even is she was mean to me when I was little. :rolleyes: Have Fun!

Eileen... Cold???? WOWZA... send a little of that this way!

Off to read the latest at LBT... I imagine I will learn a lot about cheese. :)

Thanks guys for all your prayers and good wishes for Lucy. She is doing great. The Dr couldn't figure out what was wrong and she is acting like Lucy again! So this is good. I am exhausted from being up the past 2 nights with her so I'm keeping it short tonight.

Kat give Lucy a hug for me tonight.

night night everyone...Oh went to see 9/11 it was very well done, I'm glad I saw it. cried a lot but I knew that was going to happen. 5 yrs later and it still doesn't seem real, ya know what I mean?

Was not meant to be my friends, Lucy is now home with her real Mama. The local animal control, had a lookout notice for her, but it was over a month old. Apparently, someone found her, and kept her, and she got away again, and we found her. She had not been running free for a month, she was obviously well cared for. Anyway, when they found the lookout notice, they called her, and she raced from work over here, and they were ecstatic to be back together..........which is all good!!! I know it is what she wanted!!! Will be back in awhile...wanted to let you know she is not mine....kinda sad now tho!

Kat

Aww well it is is sad but good that she's back with her family. Our Lucy..lol..is doing great today she is back to her nutty crazy self driving Sandy crazy.

I'm off to curves I haven't been in over a week and I haven't been regular in over 3 weeks! So I guess I won't get the perfect attendance star this month! 23 days before the cruise it takes 15 days to have perfect attendance each month so I need all your help to make sure I get my butt out the door!

Kat and Diane, I'm soooo confused, who had Lucy? Good news and sad news with Lucy, I'm sure her family appreciates all you've done.

Eileen, we finally got some rain last night. My pool is probably chilled today too, I had just turned the heater back on Sunday, so it's probably gonna use a ton of gas today. We're supposed to get lots and lots of rain through Friday, great for the roofing business, a little hail helps too, hehe.

Anne, where are you girl?

Darcey, watzzzz up?

Diane, a fill and a cruise definitely do NOT go together.

Betty, what's an X88? Ridley? I need to get out more often.

Still haven't had the Harley out this year.

Cindy, I do not miss Tom what so ever, hasn't been around for years, but he left his brother... Flash, a real hottie .;)

Sherry, I always love your posts, never hold back :mad: .

Patty, Rene, Mary, come out and play.

If you see an edit, you'll know I figured out who I missed,

:kiss2:

Awwww Kat... I was hoping that Lucy was for you... but as long as she is being loved by someone... all is good in the world!

Dianne... Been there ...don't that as far as not knowing what was wrong when my girl had the stomach issues. Sometimes food allergies can cause a lot of problems. I switched Ava to Royal Canine and found that cheese... hot dogs... Iams bones... EVERY THING else causes the poor girl diarrhea and stomach problems. Now her treats are her balls and such.

Pat... LOL about the hail comment. Hehehehe.

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I am going to keep this short and sweet this morning. Just wanted to check in and see whats going on. See how nosy i am lol. But ill be back to post later.

Allison

Hey Pat- LOL I guess the Lucy's are confusing. I have a puppy which we all named back in February she is Lucy. Then a dog ran into Kat's arms and they found out that her name was Lucy. Her owners were found and she is back with them now. Your right about that fill, I'm going to hold off.

Darcy-she seems to be doing better but I'm still watching she isn't quite right yet.

Allison-We like being nosey on here. I check in all the time when I'm around.

Ok went to curves spend 15 minutes after doing what my PT saws I should do...stretches...now it's off to lunch with some friends and then the choir is singing at a funeral. So I guess it's shower time huh..

Eileen-Whatcha doing today? Don't clean it's just gonna get messy again go have some fun!!!

Hi! I missed posting yesterday...oops! I started, then had a teacher come in to talk...then the evening was crazy, and you know how it goes.

I"m glad Lucy the Lost Dog found her home...and good for you, Kat, for being a good foster mommy! You were Lucy's angel!

Eileen, tell me about the cool weather...please? We are just happy that is in the low 90's for our high temp! Are you having a fun week? Are you still keeping that fun little friend?

Pat...is all that rain coming from Ernesto? I bet you will have a good roofing business! And listen, that little friend of ours...Flash? I'm tired of him! He always visits me in the evening when I go to bed, gets me all hot, then leaves. What kind of friend is that?! LOL!

Darcy, you and your sis sound like me and my sis...how many years apart in age are you two? Girrrrrllllll, is that cheese discussion gettin' on your nerrrves? I am just skipping reading these things now. And when *someone* wrote asking that *someone* be allowed to come back? I was thinking,"Please, no." Everytime the special someone gets on here, the trouble starts. I don't think it's a coincidence. Of course, I could be wrong. As always, I love it here, where friends can be friends!

Allison, enjoy your visit with your sister and family!

Patty? Chin up, friend!

Everything's going fine around here...that's a good thing, huh? DD came home yesterday praising PE, OMG! I've never heard that before! They have a new teacher, and they play games instead of run laps (which I personally thought was approaching incompetent for 3rd graders...but what do I know?) So, that's a great thing! Tonight is choir and chimes, so another busy one for us!

Luv ya, Cindy

Hey everyone..... happy Wednesday

Well, I was up at 5:30 this morning cleaning up the kitchen and starting a hearty pancake Breakfast for my twin freshmen. One by one they came out of their cave when they smelled hot coffee and vittles. I greeted them with a smile and all they could say was "could we just stay home, we aren't ready for school". I just humored them and noticed the nerves starting to show. High school is scary and I am SO glad they have each other to lean on. When I dropped them off I noticed how handsome and capable they are and said a quick prayer for them before I headed home.

Right now I am with my 2 youngest monkeys and Lewis was looking for Channing. "When are we gonna get him?" -- its going to be a long day for all of us. :)

A great big thank you for all my friends. Leaning on you guys surely helps me get thru the day. Could someone help me understand this special letter that was written and where I could find it? I haven't gotten the paperwork from my drs office yet, but I want to be prepared. OHHHH, gotta run, I want to pick up a few things for a welcome home dinner for the twins.... really hoping the first day went smoothly. Hugs to all!

Patty... Boy...you just gave me a little flas h for how I am going to feel when I drop Em off into the big world of high school. I can still remember that I was terrified on my first day! I'm sure the twins ended up having a great first day...that fear of the unkown is the worst!

I hope somebody is able to lead you in the direction of that letter... I don't have a clue... but I sure hope it helps when you do find it!

Cindy...good to see you and YES... I agree that if more teachers made PE fun then more children would grow up enjoying exercise! In regards to cheese... don't get me started girl! LOL. I have made a promise to myself to stay out of that mess... and it's getting harder and harder for me to keep my big pie hole shut.

Dianne... What are you feeding Lucy now???? I fed Ava rice mixed with a small amount of high quality canned food for few days after her episode. Hope she feels better soon!

Hiya Allison... Nuttin wrong with being nosy! Hope you are having a good day!

DONNA.... SERIOUSLY.... WHERE ARE YOU????????????????