Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat

Good Morning,

Can't play :eek:

Dianne, Happy Anniversary and yes, we want juicy details (PM me the raunchy details :) ) jk jk

Today is my DD's 5th birthday, she was so proud of herself this morning for being 5.... they are so cute. tonight we'll take her out to dinner and then presents (just one b/c sunday we are having a party for her).

I did read up on y'all and want to hug and kiss you. I will do personals later when a certain some one leaves the office *evil smile*

HUGS

Cindy-My PCP mentioned it to me cause I was talking about PMS time sabitising my whole month.

Thanks for still wanting to do the writing. I started then put it down again. I've asked several people but haven't gotten anything yet. No rush after all tis is a life long journey..lol..

Eileen-LOL more farts are the last thing I need! Glad your feeling better. Happy BD to that cute little one of yours!

Darcy-What an awesome idea! I'd help you with it if I was closer. I always wanted to take a grooming class and may be someday will.

Betty-Your so lucky to have a pool ours here closes after Labor Day. I've been trying to go up there a few times a week to just move for 30 minutes. I'm going to miss that when it closes. We have a hot tub but you sure can't exercise in there. Yes tonight's the night...lol

Patty- I'm glad the battle is still on! I'm sure you will be a banded lady one of these days. I bet you missed the boys! Hugs are great. Glad GF is seeing a therapist and the fact that she is so depressed is a good sign.

This thong thing..hummm..I know I'm going to hate it but it cracks me up, just the thought of me putting it on! It was only 5 bucks, so why not. I talked to my GF yesterday and she said that there is something called hanky panky thong, she said it isn't really a thong and very comfortable..lol..The thought of my _ _ _ in oh boy how funny.

He is clueless. He's going with me to the vein Dr. and then says he doesn't want to come all the way back home before we go out to dinner. I have no idea how I'm going to get his sleep apnea machine in the car before we go without him noticing. Maybe I'll just take a bunch of clothes with me and make him think that were going to goodwill. The kids are cracking up and last night when DD said grace she prayed for the visual of me in a thong to go away and for them to forget about tonight..lol..

From what you guys have said about that medication I will hold off. I just wish I could get a hold of PMS week!!

I'll check in tomorrow morning with you and tell you all about tonight. I couldn't find foo foo slippers! I even went to Spencer gifts yesterday looking for them. Oh well maybe to the cruise.

Have a good day....hehehe...

Helllllllllllllllllew everyone!

I'm just gonna pretend I have not been missing and jump right in.

Just finished sending the Gson and his Pop off to DC for four days. It took me about 5 hours to decide which hotel. It was like picking out a needle in a haystack for sure. The pictures were awesome and the review were pretty good as well. There were a few neg remarkes, but I figure you can't make everyone happy.....so....my choice, the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Crystal City. Supposed to be close to the metro, I guess I'll find out in a few hours, if it's a lousy hotel, my DH will be on the phone bitching to me in a heart beat, LOL.

I surely have missed everyone, but it's been a crazy summer, working EVERY day and playing on the weekends. My preggers girl, well, I gave her the boot on the 28th, AFTER waiting for 6 weeks for her to return from maternity leave, what a beeauch. She came to me and was pissed because the last time she walked out on me 2 weeks b4 she went out on maternity leave, I told her I had planned to give her a weeks pay while she was out, but she blew that. Well it ate at her for weeks, then it was never the same when she came back, she was on job interviews, telling me she was taking her baby to the dr, anyhoo, I just told her if she was that miserable, she needed to move on now and not use me for a fill in until she found a job. Guess whose sitting home now, while I'm working, drawing unemployment benefits, WTF! At least she's gone.

So my dear friends, I hope everyone is behaving and losing lots of weight, me on the other hand, I think I'm doomed to be at this weight. Still up and down 2 lbs, ERRRRRRRRRRRRR. I have to admit, I really don't care, which I mentioned in a prev reply, if I lose any more or not, cause the only thing that looks worse than fat is saggy skin.

I hired a new girl yesterday and I'm hoping to get up the nerve to get the boobs redone, I'm soooo the chicken. I don't know why, it wasn't that bad the last time I had them reduced.

Ok, gotta go to work now, hugs and kisses to you all, I will be back later today with an update on the hotel.

XOXOXO

Good Morning everyone!

Well I hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did! I got on this cale this morning and I hit the 30lb loss mark. It felt soooo good. I will honestly say I dont think its REALLY starting to show yet but I feel lighter and my clother are starting to get pretty loose. Its been a few days since posting but I just wanted to say Hello. Missed you guys already.

Heres some pics of me and the baby

mylove.bmp

post-209352-13813133981831_thumb.jpg

shhhh I'm sneaking in right now...not suppose to do this at work lol. I ate chicken salad and Halleluja! it's staying down. That's quite the thing since Wednesdays fill hahahaha. shhhhhh <slowly sneaking away>

Hey Pat- Welcome back.

OK I'm not on long but I needed to vent. I've had an appointemnt for over a month for today with the vein guy and I find out this morning that he is not in my Network! I'm so PISSED!

I'm off to the shower. Any suggestions on how I should get him to the hotel room? I got a cute card and thought I'd put the room key in it.

OK curves, shower and THONG time..OMG! LOL I can't stop laughing!

Hey Y'All!!

Sounds like everybody is on an even keel these days - that makes me so happy. I love you guys and it makes me happy to know that all is right with our little world.

Kat - you goddess of weightloss! 50 lbs ROCKS

Allison - you too!! 30 lbs is no small accomplishment!

Darcy - great quote! Hope the doggy daycare comes together.

Dianne - you have as much fun as you can stand!! Hope your thong knocks his socks (and lots of other clothing) off!

PAT!! so good to see you!! Hope you keep coming to play. Hugs!

Everybody else!! I love you guys too, but my lunch is almost over - and I am darned lucky to have one at all today!

Busy as always - especially since tomorrow is my last day before vacation for a week and a half. I pick up the kids at the airport tomorrow night at about 11pm - and then we are off to six flags and the zoo, and the aquarium - you know - basically all the touristy crap we can cram into the week that they are going to be here. Thank goodness I will have a couple of days after they leave to recover before I return to work!!

I went to my band doc today. My new "official" weight is 311 - which makes 20 lbs since the day of surgery. 45 lbs since I first determined to get the band - including the pre-op pounds.

My Doc scolded me... he wanted to see more weightloss. :[ I think I am screwing up his curve or something - but hey, we do what we can. 20 lbs in 6.5 mos isn't so hot - but whatcha gonna do? The whole point of getting this procedure was to go slow. I guess I am just taking that to extremes... I figure 3 lbs a month is better than a kick in the head, you know?

Anyway, the doc guilted me out... so now I am going to have to try to eat less while I am out doing the tourist thang. *sigh* He wants me to check out the Aftercare program at the Surgery Center - you know, the whole Counselling gig.

I think I will - because I am not sure how much of my behavior is due to laziness - and how much is because I am afraid of change - afraid to be thin... I know there is some of that - but losing slowly like I have - it's like I am sneaking the weightloss past my subconscious.... I swear - it seems like my scale never moves at all - but when you look at start and end there are 20 lbs missing. 20 lbs missing with no trauma to my twisted little psyche is a good thing... even if my doc scolded me.

Well - I am rambling - and it probably sounds a little crazy - but that's me.

Love you guys!! I will try to check in tomorrow and while I am out on Vacation - but I won't make any wild promises.

xo

Hey guys...

Nate is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention cute. :D COngratulations on the 30 pounds down... wowza!

Well... THis going to turn into the week from hell I think...lol. I had my annual and he found occult blood in my poo... he set me up for a colonoscopy this THursday! Makes my butt pucker just thinking about it. I'd have to say I feel a little scared... not about the scope... but more about the blood and what it could mean. Then again... I'm a wuss. I have to take my daughter for registration in the morning which should help keep my mind off of the clear liquid diet... then I am NPO after MN... and the procedure isn't until 2pm the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kill me now...lol.

Pat... Glad to see your post...

I must go... will try and catch-up on personals later!

:biggrin1: Well guys thanks for all the support! I just cant belive its only been 4 weeks since the surgery. CRAZY!!! oh yeah and Nate is soo handsome i know lol not to toot my own horn or anything. He is the best thing I ever did.

Well my vote makes it unanimous (sp?) Nate is definitely a handsome boy....keep him away from my granddaughter!!!! She is too young to be tempted by cute boys!!! Looks like you have a keeper Allison, and congrats on the 30 pounds~~~ ain't it great!!!

Darcy--don't get too freaked out over the blood, there are many causes. And having a baseline colonoscopy, as unpleasant as it may be, especially to prepare for, is not a bad idea. I have a good friend who had the same issue, and they found a fissure ( a small tear), and nothing serious. I will keep you in my special prayers anyway. I say special because all of you guys here are in them all the time anyway!

Beannie--I don't feel like I have done anything special for the weight loss. I mean there have been definite times I sadly refused something I might have liked to eat because I knew I would be better off without it. But overall, I have actual restriction, and the band is doing way more than its fair share at this point...and since I am not experiencing any negative health effects, I am letting it!!! I have learned it hurts to overeat, so a few bites, and my meal is over. And it is easyily a few hours before I want or can eat anything else. So my food intake has dropped dramatically. Add that to the fact that since DH had his surgery we are taking minimally 3 walks a day...it has helped. But I don't feel like I have done anything besides live with the band decision! But thanks for the kind words!

Dianne--hope your evening goes wonderfully. Knowing you care enough to go to the trouble you did, is going to make DH feel so special!

Eileen--enjoy your special birthday with DD.

Betty--Cindy--we were planning a trip to our place in TX this next couple of weeks sometime, but they tell us not to bring DH, it is so hot and dry. One of the side effects of his coumadin is heat intollerance. It is dry here too, but not as hot. The entire state of NM is getting rain except the tiny NW corner where we live!!! Betty sounds like you have been working the exercise despite the foot, I am impressed, and humbled!! Cindy, did Tuesday liven up your school kids?

Well I am off to make some dinner. I wish someone would either tell me what to cook, or cook it for me, just one.........see y'all later!

Kat

(((((Pat))))) It is soooooo good to see you! Thanks for jumping in! That stupid, stupid girl...she deserves to be miserable. I'm glad you found someone else...and what's this about a boob job? Sounds like something to do in the fall when it's not so hot, that's for sure! Hope your DH liked the hotel you picked! Are they going to the Smithsonian or anything like that? You made my day by showing up here1

Hi, Beanie! I really understand your whole quandry about slow weight loss...I think when you are ready to take it to the next level, you will know. Trust yourself. If you are really just being lazy, I believe you will know when enough is enough, and you'll kick it up a notch. I remember many phases of being complacent, and I really think it was okay...I learned some other stuff during those times.

Dianne, can't wait to hear about the good times (not too much info, though...but Eileen wants all the details!)...hope ya'll had a great time!

Allison...I've just got to say that is one cutie patootie. No doubt about it! He is simply adorable! And congrats to you on your weight loss...30 lbs is a great milestone!

Kat - you are doing so well! If your DH can't take heat, this is the wrong place to come! It is sweltering here. Nothing like Texas in August! Thanks for remembering all of us in your prayers...I like the thought of it. Makes me all warm and fuzzy!

Eileen, make sure you tell DD happy birthday from all of us! Have fun going out to eat! What's the theme of the birthday party?

Darcy - Well, what can ya do but go get the thing checked out? I hope you are not worrying too much, but I'm sure you are worrying. You amaze me with your bright attitude, you are such a good role model! And, Darcy? You're not a brat. (wink)

Patty, it's gonna happen. Stick with it, like I need to tell you that! Glad everything's sorting itself out with your friend...

Did I remember everyone? If I forgot, write me a rude message or somethin'! I've gotta get to bed...but I'm staying home tomorrow and going to see the Hillary Duff movie with my DD...my dad does volunteer work at the food bank, so he can't keep her tomorrow, so I just have to miss work. Dang it.

See ya tomorrow!

Cindy

Gooooooooood moooooooooornin folks, Lets see if I can catch up on some personal notes aye?

Cindy - Enjoy your day with DD. Sounds like your whole family has that good nature,care for others way of life. Simply Awesome! How's it going with your Christmas wish? I haven't seen anything posted in there for while, I'll have to check that thread again.

Kat - What to cook well since it's Breakfast time now I'm not any help hee hee. We sometimes have Breakfast for dinner :D . Oh...and you've done great with your weight loss, remember its one day at a time, one forkfull at a time. We're here for ya :scalesno:

Allison - Nate truly is a cutey patooty. I just love babies, I was such a nervous wreck with mine but, he's 16 now so I guess he survived lol. Great weight loss too...this is a great thread for support. Stick around and join the fun!

Darcy - The trouble your having could be what someone else mentioned here a ficher. Good luck with your tests and we're here for you as you've been for us. Love ya girl! Ohhh and what a special thing with the doggies. If we lived nearby I would bring my puppies to you for sure. I know how much love you have for them. It's been hard to find near me, thankfully my friend took care of them while we were away. They love her :)

Mary- Yoooo woman, hows it going? You need to come and play a little longer with us :) We miss ya.

Bean - One day at a time and when you're ready to kick it up a knotch (taken from Emerald and Cindy hee hee) BAM it will happen. In the meantime, whew, I hope you're able to get a nice breather while you're on vacation. Sounds like it's going to be a busy vacation as well. You'll have to tell da boss, you need a vacation from your vacation hee hee

Diane - I hope you and your DH enjoyed your floss. hahaha ouch I think I'd be pickin at the thing all night thinking I had a wedgy lol. Hope you had fun. Do tell how you managed to put it all together without him knowing :) Might need that for future references. Me....when I'm close to my weight goal I plan on getting a belly dancin outfit shhhhhh lol

Pat! - Ohhh my it's sooo nice to hear from you. Sounds like you've had one heck of a summer. Employees from hell. Hmmm sounds familiar hahaha. Oh yea I still have one that's a problem and it's having to document it all that takes so much dang time. I wish I could spend this much time on whats really important - the client. Well sounds like better days are coming with your new employee. We miss ya!

Eileen - I hope DD had a great 5th bday with mom and dad. Two special days for her this week...what a lucky girl. I hope you all had a nice dinner and time with her. Boy they grow up so fast don't they...seems like just yesterday you were telling us she was yelling for her bum to be wiped hee hee. Just loved that story.

Betty - Hows the foot? Hey...speaking of angels do you have any tattoos? (quite the sentence huh? hahaha) Just asking because my next tattoo will be of an angel holding the American Flag. I just need to design it or get some help from the tattoo artist to design it. I went it on my left thigh so it doesn't matter how big we have to make it to get the detail lol. Oh yes...been doing some research on automatic transmission motorcycles...look up Ridley's wahooo they are sharp looking. Might have to take a close look at one of them heehee.

Patty - Don't you worry my friend that band is around the corner and you're gaining ground on it. Sooo cute about your little one wanting extra lovins. I loved it when my son did that...sometimes now I find him more huggy on days lol. Lets me know he appreciates and loves his mama and I give it right back to him. We've always had an open line of communication and I can see you've got that with your boys. Isn't it great?

Well...I really do have to get ready for work. If I missed ya I'm so sorry but, know that you're all in my thoughts and prayers. Lord, please help our will power grow each day and help us help ourselves get to a healthier body. :) Love you all, have a great shrinking day!

Good Morning friends!

The hotel is great, (of course DH got lost on his way there, called me in a panic, like I was going to be able to do something about it, LOL). Of course my Gson's mom, who has a bit of a drinking/partying problem, didn't pack his clothes until yesterday morning, my DH had to bring him to my house to repack the clothes--in a suitcase, I can just see him now, walking into the Hyatt, with his two Wal-Mart plastic bags with his clothes in them, WTF! How uncaring, my DH took him shopping the day before, do ya think she packed any of the new shirts....NOT, two shirts were so small I didn't even pack them in the suitcase, I just told DH to go by more.

Smithsonian today, Arlington Cemetery and Pentagon was yesterday, not to mention extra trips on the Metro because they got on the wrong color, LOL.

Cindy, hugs back to ya, I've missed posting, I've been posting all morning, and it feels so good, :) . Christmas wish, hmmmmm? Enjoy the movie, your dad sounds so special.

Betty, have you tried wearing Clarks shoes, OMG, they are the most comfortable and supportive shoes. I haven't riden my Harley since last summer, I really don't think I can do it anymore, NO, it's NOT like riding a bicycle, LOL.

Hello Allison, so nice to meet you, and that baby is adorable.

Sherry, it has been a crazy summer, but life is good, we have our health and that is the most important thing, although, at my age, I'm getting rather ditsy, been boosting up the B12's, LOL. And, I'm sooooo happy that Pain In My A$$ is gone. You talk about Cindy being such a caring person, I'd say the same applys to you as well.

Darcy, I think you need more "me" time, head up to the cabin and take some quality time for yourself. I was supposed to do the colonoscopy, took all those pills...AND never pooped :omg: . I called the nurse to tell her the am of the test, she said for me to come on in, of course here I was thinking all S*** was gonna break loose any minute, kept my cheeks squeezed for 9 miles, caught every stop light, (don't tell anybody, but I even wore one of Gson's diapers in my panties, thinking ok if it happens this will catch it..ok stop laughing now, no visuals please), only to be sent back home without the test :angry .

Beanie, it's been slow go for me too, I haven't lost in months :angry , but I haven't gained either and the clothes still fit, LOL. You should do that muscle vs fat test and I'll bet you're gaining muscle like I did in the beginning. I can't believe Dec will be 2 years.

Kat, congrats on the self control, if I had that, I could have saved $16, 750.00, LOL. I admire your determination and the exercising you do.

Diane, don't suppose there's any chance for pictures :nervous , LOL.

Patty, how's it going? Patty, your band day will come, I love your perseverance. Thank goodness you've got the kiddies to keep your mind occupied.

Mary, you must be very busy, I didn't see a lot of posts...yikes, look whose talking.

Eileenie, I left you a message on your kitchen joke thread, "did you ever get that egg timer fixed", LMAO. You're such a funny girl, I love your humor and straight forward, tell it like it is self, (WTF). :kiss2: Hey, you didn't play all day, is that mean boss bothering you? Hope DD had a great day, I know she did, you're such a good mommie!

Did I miss anyone :scalesno: , if so forgive me, I'll catch ya later, I promise.

I just wanted to pass along an email I just received from my best childhood friend, whose daughter is pregnant and her new son in law is in Afghanistan.......

Hi!

I have some not so good news and some bad news.

We took Sierra to the hospital about 5:30 on Saturday. Since she was 38 wks and 2 days, they agreed to induce her. Her cervix was not ready so they gave her cervidel for 12 hours Sat night to soften the cervix. They then started the drip to induce. Unfortunately both of these medicines cause contractions so she contracted pretty hard from 9:00 PM Saturday until 5:00 PM Sunday with no progress. They put the cervidel in again Sunday night and the contractions were very hard. By 6:00 AM Monday she

was so tired that we elected not to let them do the drip again since she was still the same as the day before. We brought her home Monday afternoon. She goes back in Thursday night for another round of cervidel and possibly a C-Section on Friday. I feel so bad for her because she is emotionally and physically wiped.

This is the not so good news - the inducement didn't work.

The bad news is the reason we took her to the hospital Saturday was that Jae has been seriously injured in Afghanistan - his humvee was hit by an IED and he has burns on approx 40% of his body - mostly upper body. We were told he was in grave condition but at least alive - 3 of the guys were killed. The General in Afghanistan is best friends with Jae's parents so he commanded the Casualty Unit at Ft. Drum to hold off calling Sierra until Jae's mom could talk to her - because of her condition. Jae's mom told us later that when General Terry called her he said "Debbie - he is alive right now but I don't know for how long". His mom flew to Germany Saturday night which is where they flew him. Jae's dad also flew over and

got there this morning. Jae's mom has been calling us with updates which are very good news in comparison to the short message on Saturday. He is having a hard time processing what has happened to him so they have to tell him each time he starts coming out of the sedation - which they said was normal. The tests on his lungs and kidneys were good. The eye doctor was finally able to get his eyes open and thinks the damage is temporary. His esophagus and mouth are burned with lesions. The worse of the burns are to

his left arm, and left side of his chest and back - they had to make in

incision from shoulder to hand to relieve swelling in anticipation of

saving the arm. He has burns to both ears, tip of his nose, and part of his mouth. The rest of the burns don't seem to be as bad. Jae's mom has been told there will be minor skin grafting on his upper legs but major grafting and surgeries on his left arm, chest and back. They flew a burn team over yesterday and will take him back to the Brooks Army Medical Center Burn Unit Wed morning - Jae's parents will be able to fly with him.

He has made it thru the first critical stage which was 72 hours - the next phase is not getting an infection in the next two weeks. We can be thankful he is alive because he was sitting in the front passenger side and the missile came in on the driver's side - the driver took the worst of the hit and died, the guy behind Jae only lived 5 hours, and the gunman on the back was blown off the humvee and is burned worse than Jae and also has pneumonia. We also found out that 3 more of the guys in his unit were killed today. It is so active over there - Sierra has been getting calls

every week for the past 2 1/2 months of people from Ft. Drum killed or injured.

Of course, Sierra immediately fell apart and then was trying to make

reservations to go to Germany. We told her that was impossible since she was 11 days from her due date and had pre-eclampsia. She then said, "then call the doctor and tell them to get her out of me so I can go to Jae in San Antonio". That is why they agreed to try inducing her - but unfortunately they got no luck there. Jae's mom talked to her today and told her (very nicely) if at all possible to wait and see if she can have

Addie naturally - she said I will be out here taking care of Jae - if you

have a C-section and come out here immediately, I won't be able to take care of you and Addie too. She said you stay there and take care of your baby and I will take care of my baby - when you are healthy you can come here and I'll take care of your baby and you can take care of mine. I thought that was so sweet.

Saturday was their 1st anniversary!!!!

So my dear friends, any of us who thought we were having a bad day, may have second thoughts...

Any extra prayers will be appreciated I'm sure.

Thanks for letting me share this with you.