Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat

I am SO sorry for not being able to communicate better during vacation..... but it was just impossible to get computer time! When I arrived in Santa Barbara I just thought I was having a heart attack I felt so worn out. I really think that the pressure of packing, organizing, driving, and parenting just wiped me out, but by day 4 the chest ache was gone and I was feeling normal. We were busy everyday and our beach days were just the best! I hit up quite a few thrift stores and once a week I had a massage on my feet(heavenly). We left on August 9th and when we got home discovered that all our beautiful goldfish has passed on. My biggest fish was 4 years old and the children have never lost a pet and they were just inconsolable. I wasn't able to cry because I had to clean and bury the fish. Coming home has never this difficult. Anyway, I've recouperated and now the kids are away on a week long visit with their Dad. I'm going to spend time tidying up the house and slowly preparing for school and then some girlie time for me..... getting a touch/tint in the morning. Glad to be back online once again. I will do personals over the next few days, I've read most of the August posts and lots has happened. Hugs,

Hi Kids,

Can't do personals today but tomorrow I can *EVIL SMILE*

Patty don't applogize for not posting while on vacation, we were just getting worried aboutcha :) I will talk more tomorrow. Luv yah.

Love you all .... :)

Good Morning,

Its a wet rainy day in dirty jerzey :biggrin1:

Patty, can't wait to hear about your trip when you get home. :)

Dianne, I can't eat an entire slice of pizza either... amazing huh.

Sherry that does sound frustrating (the cat), and bugs just gross me the hell out ick !!! I can't imagine, ick ick ick. I slimed for an hour once on pizza, thought I ate it slow and chewed well and I probably did, I just ate one to many bites (maybe 1/2 a slice), gosh the pain and the spit uhhh I was at a carnival too, no where to spit, loads of people and my eyeballs kept rolling around my head LOLOL... hope your feeling better.

Busy Bee Betty... surgery on the foot, chit girl, I hope you don't have to but by golly, how much more pain can you stand (no pun intended lol). I hope it heals :) How's your job btw?

Cindy any luck (almost wrote lick??? wtf) with the clothes for DD. I like Walmart clothes for kids b/c they are stretchy and my DD needs stretchy :Banane49: just like her mama :rolleyes

Anne, have a wonderful trip... can't wait to hear about it too :)

Darcy glad you had fun at the shack :Banane49: how's your week going? I've been doing okay, but not good enuf if you know what i mean :Banane46: keep trying keep trying keep trying :bored lol. Hows your back feeling?

Kat thats wonderful you took DH out, thats prob exactly what he needed, a change of scenery and fun. I don't mind folks like you that have kids in carts its the woman on the cell phone w/the cart in the middle while she's at the other end of the isle yackin away... or the parents that let the kids lay on the floor LOLOL... hehehehe. Your goal sound great :Banane34:

Do you walk away from food after a few bites or do you wait it out? Some days it takes me 1 - 2 hours to eat lunch.. I don't give up b/c I'm so hungry (yes I said 2 hours, I'll keep it at my desk and keep working at it). dinner took me a good 1/2 hour yesterday, maybe longer but dang, I finished it (it didn't hurt b/c it went down slow). Am I SICK????? (okay thats a loaded question)... but no really should I walk away after a few bites? how do you get your nutrition in if you do ? UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOLOL

TOM arrived yesterday afternoon, so that made waking up in this rainy weather this morning so much fun.... :phanvan I'm achy and wanna go home and curl up in a ball and watch re-runs of old tv sitcoms.... of course popcorn is involved :biggrin1:

Well gotta get some work done... ttyl ;)

Hi, everyone!

Patty, so good to hear from you! Can't wait to hear about your trip; sounds like you need every bit of that rest!

Dianne...I'm now at a point of being able to eat 1 very small piece of pizza...and just barely. It is just weird. I could eat a med. pizza all by myself in my previous life. Who was that girl, anyway? LOL!

Eileen, I haven't had time to go shopping yet, but you can bet I'll check out the Walmart...they always have those pants that are elastic waisted...then we hem them up. It is the shorts I am having trouble with. I"ll find something somewhere; I"m going to go tomorrow after school.

Speaking of school...today was the first "real" day of class; yesterday was orientation. It went very well. Wonder why my principal wants to hang out in my room so much, though, when there are 4 brand new teachers in the building? It's getting on my last nerve...

gotta run...love to all and hugs, too!

Cindy

Patty-Hi welcome home. I have a sad fish story too. We had Fred for 8 yrs this little 25cent gold fish had a personality. I know you think I'm nuts but it's true he did. DD went away and left with the bowl dirty. I said good night to him and told him I'd clean it in the morning and in the morning he was dead. To this day I still feel bad about Fred. I cried and I think every one else did. Welcome home, we've missed you. Enjoy your solo week.

Sherry-I don't know what happened cause I haven't had time to catch up, but from Eileen's post to you, YUCK I don't know if I want to know...

Eileen- My Dr wants me to take 20-30 minutes. They say that if you wait much more than that you never know the "full" sensation and if you eat to fast, well we all know what happens, but also you can eat to much.

Cindy-I bet the principle wants to learn your special touch and thats why he's there so much. I'm sure you have a special gift with the kids like you do with adults and fellow bandsters.

I have to catch up more later gang. Ma's last day here so I'm gonna run. Hope ya'll are good.

G'morning :)

Patty I'm sorry to hear about your fish, thats so sad :rolleyes: my DD has two gold fish that are now about 6" long and beautiful... I'd be sick if something happened to them as well.

Dianne, my doc said approx 45 min - 1 hr... I thought that was a bit long and far fetched but he seems to be right on the nose with that (with me that is).

Cindy hope today goes good for you too :D

Well kiddo's I have to run but will be back later to chat some more.

Luv yah's

Good morning!

The class is so quiet, and they are all working, so thought I'd pop on and say hi!

I'm happy that I'm in a losing streak right now...I've been at it long enough to know that it comes and goes, so it's fun right now...maybe my Christmas wish will be granted? That would be so cool!

Dianne, I bet you're right...he's just trying to soak in all my vast knowledge and expertise before I take off! If that's not it, I'm gonna choose not to acknowledge it! What's that saying? I'm too blessed to be stressed!

Eileen...please tell me about the cooler weather in NJ...remember how much I like fall weather, and love to hear about places that actually have fall. Down here, the prediction is 105/106 for today. Whew! I'm staying indoors!

I better get going...what's everyone doing?

Hugs...have a good day!

Cindy

Hello my friends,

It's so hard to catch up on everything when you stay away for even a day lol.

Diane - It was a flea problem in my mom's apartment. Seems to be under control now but, some of the suckers are still living until they touch the rug or bite the cat. DH says they'll die but, I'm going to be spraying again when my mom is gone for the weekend. Better safe than sorry I say.

Cindy - Whew...105/106? That's hot hot. I hope you stayed cool today :)

Eilene - I sometimes find myself taking as long as you to eat lunch. Between working and questions my staff has sometimes it just happens. I feel I get my Protein in when I do that anyway.

Patty - So sorry about your fish. Its always upsetting when any animal dies. I hope you enjoy your pampering day having your hair done :)

Betty - Wow foot is still bad huh? I hope it doesn't come down to surgery for you. Gotta take it easy my friend.

Darcy - No running Water in the shack? How far away from your house it is? Still sounds like a peaceful way to get back to basics in life...I think we all need that sometimes.

Kat - I hope DH is rested up and feeling better. I'm with you on the food thing....sometimes I think Oh I wish I could eat that like a nonbanded person but...then I remember I got here because I did that before. One day at a time and at least with the band we're able to try some things :)

Hellllooo to everyone else I missed :) Hope you're all doing well and shrinking!

Went for my 6 month post-op visit. Doc says total loss of 50 is fantastic and gave me a high five :clap2: . After asking me some questions and discussing things, we decided it was time for a fill. Now...get this...he only pulled out .50? Hello....my frist fill he said was between 1 and 1.50 so I called it 1.25. Where did the .75 go? He said this time when he pulled the Fluid out there was an air bubble that he figures was stuck in the tubing. He said it's common for less to come out because some fluid stays in the tubing. Anyway, he put the .50 back in plus 1.5 so that gives me 1.50? I only wanted .25 this time around anyway soooooo I guess that's a good thing cause it equals what I wanted? It just bugs the heck out of me that this isn't more accurate. My band only holds 4ccs so are we just gonna keep playing with it until it explodes? lol. Anyway....it bothers me not to know the exact amount. What have you folks found with your fills as far as accuracy of how much is in there?

Hugs

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about my "dog fish". Yes, Dianne my sweet 25cent fishes were my pet dogs! I would talk to them and they would wag their tails and answer me when I spoke to them. Frequently I would find puddles of Water on the counter because they could lift the lid off and they would remind me when I had missed their dinnertime. I'm gonna give myself a few more days and then I will sanitize my tank and begin again. Thanks for being so understanding.

My Vacation: Kinda blurry. I love being home and watching my kids play but never really felt that I could relax. Don't get me wrong..... I really needed to get away but in the back of my head I'm waiting for that phone call from my surgeon that we can begin pre-op. I just need to move on from this waiting pattern.

Sherry: it's been 6 months for you and your weight loss has been fantastic! Just amazing!

Betty: You have to have an operation? This thing was bugging you at the beginning of the summer. Please keep me updated.

Eileen: do you really only eat half a slice of pizza? Birds only eat so little. Just amazing!

Dianne: I said a prayer for Fred. 8 years is a really long time to have a fish. I never named my fish..... just called the dog-fish. Any more personal and I'm gonna be a drinking woman. Where's my margarita?

Cindy: You at school already? we start September 6th, and we have a whole bunch of staff changes. I may not be the new kid on the block but, I also don't know all the ropes. one day at a time.

Kat: Kudos on a successful surgery for DH. I'm proud of you. Everything you learned through you experience will be passed on to another. It will make a great gift to someone, one day. Hugs.

Eileen-what does your doc say about drinking before and after meals. I try to not drink a 1/2 hour before and then an hour after. He would like me to do an hour before! Your scales moving isn't? I haven't gone on since July 20th. I will go on in 2 more weeks and see what it says. My brain just can't take it alot.

Cindy-WOW that is to hot! It was very hot last week here but it is getting better now. Hopefully it will stay this way. Today when I went swimming it was actually cold and refreshing!

Sherry-Lucy had fleas last week. The day before my mom came we had the pest guy come to take care of the house. He has to come back I guess Saturday or Sunday, hope he's around. Sure does give me the creeps too.

Of course you know my nightmare about fills! But last time he pulled out a little less also and said the exact same thing your doc said. Those airbubbles urgh..You could always request fluro to be sure everything is ok. That is the only way I do my fills from now on. I just want to be double sure that it's working correctly. Congratulations on the WL that is awesome!

Betty-Sorry about your foot still being a pain! Take it easy baby yourself so you don't have to have surgery.

Patty- I know it's so hard to wait We are all going to have a party on that day. Just keep fighting and you;ll get it. Thanks for saying a prayer for Fred. Why don't you have a drink and I'll have one too! Boy I've missed you. It seems like you've been gone for 3 months..lol..

Well all went good today with ma. She's going home tomorrow. A few more days would have been nice but that's always a nice way to leave things.

College started up for the kids yesterday. They seem to love there classes this year so far so we'll see.

I went for a walk with Lucy this morning. She is getting a little better. I'm so glad I have her having me make her walk..lol..We walked about a mile, then came home and ma and I went to the pool for a half hour. I ate a lot less today, but still had some sweets!

We are having an ice cream social a week from Saturday it will be called Saturday night live! At our church. I am putting together a group to do the music from sister act. Should be a blast! So far I have 12 girls signed up. My GF and I will be making habits for everyone..lol..we are using glue!

I got a wonderful message from my GF the other day. Her son is 15 or 16 and he said to her after church on Sunday ma did you see Mrs H, she is so skinny. How nice is that from a kid! OH another exciting thing, today went to Coldwater Creek with me and she tried on a jean skirt that was way to tight for her. I said I'd try it for the heck on it and it fit me much better. Do you guys, well I know you do, but do you guys realize how freakin COOL THAT IS!!! And the funny thing is I'm feeling really big lately!

OK I'm off to watch Elton John on DVD. Have a good night.

Hey Guys

It has taken me the full 3 days to get caught up after being in NY this time... They transferred the gal who used to cover my desk to another department - and so the files from Tuesday on just sort of stacked up... yippee! Welcome home! Here's a weeks work for you!

I was also not sure if I wasn't going to have to turn around and go right back... They needed another person for week three - but they covered it with somebody else... so I get to stay home. *whew*.

Let's see - next week, I start my vacation. DH's Daughter and her family are coming. Yay! Grandbabies! I got to skip all the hard stuff, you know, giving birth, raising a child... and move right on to Grandma. Such Fun!!

I have no word, yet, on whether or not I got the transfer to a new job, yet... I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it would be a good job - and maybe more money - which is always a good thing. Everybody think good thoughts. Hopefully I will hear by the end of the week... but one never knows.

As usual, the trip to NYC affected my scale in a negative way... DANG! I had been hitting 309 for several days... now I am back to 312. DOUBLE DANG! A little too much good living in the Big Apple, I think... or maybe just too much alcohol or something....

Oh - and I had the joy of my very first PB over the weekend. I am no longer a virgin... I had this leftover half sandwich from Fridays - on that Chibatta bread... that nice, dense, crusty bread... yep. Chewing is NOT optional. ICK.

Well, I have to run on home now... DH is probably starving - and since I am bringing Del Rancho burgers tonight, I guess I had better Git. Uh - yeah. Burgers aren't helping the scale, either...

I will try and check in and maybe do personals again soon...

xoxo

Irene

Hi everyone!

Welcome home Patty--Missed you lots!! I want to thank you so much for the wise words prior to DH's surgery. It just so happened that I found a sale at booth in this consignment shop here where I live the week before we went. I happened upon these little heart dangles, made for hanging from stethoscopes. I bought 10, not knowing how many I would need, or if I would even give any away. But the first day I gave one away!!! At this hospital, they do nothing but heart related health care, (gee think that's why it is called the Heart Hospital??!!). They also do not have a recovery room, they are taken directly back to their room, and they have 2 RN's with them non stop, for the first 24 hours after surgery. They work 12 hour shifts. so his first nurse, that was so sweet to us, her name was ShaMarie, just before she left I told her thank you so much for taking such great care of him, and gave her the little heart. By the next morning, I had nurses asking where I found them! So as one would be especially nice, I would dole them out!!! Then I had also brought some heart shaped key rings with a place for photos. I gave only one of them away, and it was to this girl who delivered his meals, she always ask me if I wanted a tray...every time. The hospital offers an evening tray complimentary, but she offered one at every meal. We only had one nurse we didn't care for, and she just ignored us is all that was the problem. An older woman, about my size, and she sat at the desk, never checking on him, and when we ask for something, she just sent the tech...she got what she gave....nothing!!! Anyway Patty, thanks so much for all the suggestions, they made my stay so much nicer, and also brightened their days some. I will do my best to pass on the good advice, and caring thoughts. Your help made a difference.

My scale is on a standstill. I think it has to do with not drinking enough. I have had bits of sweets, but nothing much. Just not drinking is about all I have changed. Now, tomorrow, I am eating birthday cake and not feeling bad about it!!! Will worry about it the next day!!! Our big celebration this year is going to be dinner and a movie. But it will be better than his birthday, his was the day after his surgery!

I feel for you all with the fleas....I hate itchy bites, I am worse than a child, I scratch til it bleeds!!

My DD had 3 fish, Manny, Mo and Jack.....she had them for about 3 years, and they definitely had personality! One morning as she was getting ready for school, she noticed the temp was low in the aquarium, so was adjusting it when the phone, rang, she come home later to cooked fish. She was heartbroke, heck it made me sad! Sorry about the fishy loss!

Well I think I will drink me a glass of Water, and take some Tylenol, I am having sciatic pain (known in our house as psychotic pain) down my leg, I must have twisted wrong. Hurts like hell. Would tell you what I have found the best exercise for it to be, but it might embarrass y'all, and besides DH just had heart surgery!!!! :)

Have a good one, see ya tomorrow!

Kat

Hello Y'all!

I haven't gotten to read the posts yet, so I can't comment on any of them, but I will. Gosh, has anyone got a few extra hours they can send to me? I can't seem to find enough time for anything anymore!

I am still babying my foot, I sure don't want surgery, but some things you just have to do and I can't stay off it all the time. Hopefully I am not hurting it too much. I'll tell you one thing, I sure miss just going barefoot and I miss walking. I can sure tell the difference in my weight too, while the scale hasn't come up, my inches are! I feel like my arse is glued to chairs!

I had to renew my driver's license, I am so glad you can do it on line here in Tx. I just love it!

It is so hot here, even the pool is warm. We sure could use some rain!

I promise I will try to catch up with y'all! If something happens I need to know about, please pm me! I don't want to miss anything important.

Love you guys!

G'mornin,

Boss man is here so I can't play.

Beanie, hang in there with the job and wl... both will come :)

Kat, your such a doll :)

Betty feel better and yes I will email you if something vip happens :)

Patty, your fish sound adorable... sorry you couldn't relax fully on vacation. Hang in there dolly :)

Dianne WTG on the complements :Banane01: and yes it is COOL to fit into something you never thought you could WTG !!! your church sounds awesome!! enjoy it. :bananajump:

Cindy WTG on the weight loss whoot !!!! hope you have a wonderful day with the kidlets today :bananajump:

Sherry love, good luck with the new fill and 50 lbs is freakin awesome in 6 months... you should be very very proud of yourself... shoot I'm proud of you :Banane03:

Nothing much happening... just waiting for lunch, i'm hungry LOLOL... forgot to bring Breakfast *sigh* oh well.

Anyone wanna go purse shopping? we can include shoes in that too :Banane21:

Well I would just llike to introduce my self ladies. My name is allison and I am fairly new to the site. I was banded July 21st down in mexico with dr kuri. I am currently down about 24 lbs. Just wanted to say hello. I am here at my desk at work with just about nothing to do. I hope you all have a wonderful day. :)