Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Watermelons... Too Much Sugar?

Is it okay if I have watermelon juice daily? I love watermelons and I figured it would mostly have just Water. I saw the nutritional chart of watermelon in wiki and found that every 100g of watermelon has 6.2 gms sugar and 7.55 gm carbs - is this a safe level to consume daily?

PS: I do not add any sweeteners to the juice.< /p>

blk-weight.png

In my opinion (LOL--not a doctor or nutritionist!), if you're going to have fruit, have the fruit, not just the juice. juice is concentrated sugar, and yes, it has Vitamins and minerals, especially if you're having it fresh, but it will slide down with no added fiber--you get the calories without getting the "full" factor. And watermelon doesn't have a ton of calories, but watermelon JUICE sure does--almost pure sugar. And I'm saying all this with regret, since I, too, love watermelon. I ate small cubes of it this past summer and enjoyed it a lot. I would stay away from just the juice, though, of watermelon or really any fruit, just because I think it's smart to get that sugar along with some Fiber and bulk to avoid overdoing.

Now, if you were to take your watermelon juice and dilute it with some Water, okay, that I can see, but again, if you just love the sweet flavor of the melon, that won't cut it after a while, and I think I personally would gradually be lowering the Water content in order to taste more of the juice (I know my tastebuds!!). Just eat some fruit! I have enjoyed juicy fruits like melon and citrus from around 3 months out. In fact, that sounds good right about now--grapefruit, here I come!

Watermelon is a high glycemic index food, which means it loads sugar quickly into the blood and might get an insulin response. That being said, last summer, I ate some almost every day and lost weight, I would just watch and see if it makes you hungry, or if your labs are high. If you have it with a Protein, it will help to slow the sugar response. I would eat it rather than drink it....

I also would eat it rather than drink it. Just sayin :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches