Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat - NC

Nah this one was triggered by a video game...so now we have to go through additional testing as it blows a whole in their initial theory. We want to get it straightened out soon....If that means medicine then so be it. But she is allowed to get her learners permit in another month and I really don't feel comfortable letting her till we know that she won't have one while driving.

Melissa

Oh no!

We are making a Busch Gardens run this weekend.

We figure the rain in VA will send all the suckers home and BG will be quiet. Nothin like ridin a coaster in the rain.

Melissa, you need to go to get some fun in ya.

Anyone else?

I can't wait to see you all again!

Between moving my office at work and the house stuff, I am physically, mentally, & emotionally spent!

Otherwise, life it good! :mad:

Melissa-That sounds so scary about Kristen. Has this happened before?

I have desided to hold off on my fill until I get back from the cruise. I dn't want to have any trouble on the trip.

Lucy is much better today. She is back to her crazy puppieness

Wish we could afford a rollar coaster trip...but not likely any time soon.

Glad lucy is feeling better.

kristen has had two seizures previously. The first when she was in Germany when she was 12, and the second about a year ago. Both of those they decided were caused by lack of sleep. Since the tests all came back without any indicators they told us that it wasn't eplilepsy because they seem to only be triggered by lack of sleep. (We are fairly strick about bed time here and sleep time as a result here) This one was caused by something else, we believe it was the strobe lighting in the video game she was playing at chucky cheese. Since this is a second indicator for her, and it has been less than a year this opens us back up to maybe being considere epileptic. My dad is, and his started in his pre teen years as well. There isn't a whole lot of anwsers because they don't know why some people have seizures and others don't...they just knows what happens. Kristen has the grand mal (spelled wrong) type, she looses conciounces for 2-5 minutes and shakes violently. Until this time she has had no indicators that she is about to have one. This time she felt "funny" and actually told her friend she was with...I think I'm having a seizure... But that is the last she remembers really until we already had her in the car over 10 minutes later. The don't plan to see her until late in september, so apparently they aren't TOO concerned LOL.

My dad's surgery went fine, we won't know for awhile what the results were though.

Melissa

Prayers to out to one and all! Seems we've all been through trials of one type or another lately.

I'm settled into my new office digs. I stayed late last night until I got everything unpacked. I cannot stand trying to work when everything's a mess! I just wish it was as easy to pack/unpack a whole house as it is to move an office cubicle! :huggie: