Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Chat - NC

If we had no joy, no ray of sunshine, we would have no hope for better times.

Dont feel guilty.

We all need encourgagement

Please don't feel bad about posting good stuff. Like wavey said...we all need to be reminded about other's accomplishments it helps us remember we were there once and can be there again hopefully. Congrats on the eating right, thats half the battle, its the part I'm struggling with right now...counting on yall giving me a good kick in the arse. And congrats on the house...I'm so jealous. I so want a new house, but it is no way in the budget right now. We are also terrified that our house hasnot risen in value any and that we might in fact have over paid for it so that it will be near impossible to sell later and get anything out of it. We have actually talked about eventually renting it...and buying another property, but that would require me to work full time, and we have college to pay for in 4 years. Man I am a whiney butt aren't I lol.

Spent the whole morning at the high school ....we got there at 9 and were number 273 in the que for schedule changes. Needless to say we were there till around 12. Going back out to meet teachers in a few minutes.

Karen and Jill are going to give us old bandster a run for our money. hehe... you two are doing great. Keep up the good spirits and great weight loss. I love the newly banded.....

Melissa - girl we all go through the funk. I think for me when I was suppose to go through I started working at Dr V's. I can't go through a funk I have to stay with it and keep it on my mind...Hang in there girl do what you need to do but whatever it is don't beat yourself up over it.

Well have a great night...sorry I am not posting much trying to keep up with my cousin and all is really tough. But it's all so worth it.

It's official, our house is on the market, and we've made a contingent offer on the new one! Let the games begin!

Here are pictures of the house we're trying to get into ..

HousePics2.doc

Kim,

I have the bookbag and stuff...but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out to the office today. I hate to wait till next saturday as school will already have started, but not sure how I can manage it.

Melissa

Hey guys check out the NJ picture thread I posted our 25th anniversary picture on it. No Thong pics though...sorry...lol

The contingency offer was accepted on Friday! :clap2: Now we just have to get our house sold!

I posted this in the main boards, but can you drink to fast?

What happens? does it hurt?

Im trying to see if I am drinking to fast or if I am gulping some air.

I feel some pressure, not bad, doesnt hurt, but feels like i really need to burb. Some times I do, sometimes I hiccup and one of those will make the feeling go away.

Congrats Karen! We finally got an offer on the spec house. Should be under contract today or tomorrow. Feels good!

Wavy...yes, you can drink too fast. It can hurt, or it can just feel like pressure and a burp or hiccup makes it go down and you feel better. These are the signals you need to learn. Your band is saying "whoa! go easy on me!" so take smaller sips. It's interesting, huh?

Its a learning curve, thats for sure.

I definatly have that "hiccup as a soft stop" thing.

I about cried for joy when it happened. I told my husband, we were both excited. :)

Jill-I get the hick-ups constantly. Everyone laughs including me when they happen.

How are you guys. None of us have been on here in days.

Kathy-I also made Kim wait, so don't feel bad about me.

Karen-what a beautiful house! I hope you can sell yours. That is the exact type of house I want someday.

Kim-I'm sure that whenever is good for her they will work it out. I don't even know what day it falls on but I'm sure evenings work out.

My little Lucy is scaring me I have tons pf people praying for her. I have to take her to the vet at 10:40 this morning to make sure she doesn't have a blockage! DS and I had to give her an enama around 12:30 last night. WOW that was not easy poor puppy.

I'll keep you posted as to how she's doing.

Diane sorry to see that about Lucy...I sure hope she is better.

I've had trouble logging on to lapband talk the last few days. Or more specifically getting into the forums.

I saw Diane the nutritionist today. She gave me a two week plan to try, if after a week i'm getting stuck still then I'll make an appointment to see about an adjustment. I actually think she thinks part of it is in my head...hey maybe it is....because sometimes I can eat. But she did suggest those mini Bagels for Breakfast......I haven't been able to eat bread that early since surgery.

Kristen had a seizure Friday night, and Dad had surgery today. He came out of it fine and we are hoping they find that is was non malignent. I'm having cake and ice cream tonight...then starting Dianes plan in the morning. No coffee unless I eat breakfast...sigh. And then decafinated....sigh, whats the point.