Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Check No Longer Insulin Resistant !

So the 23rd this month is going to be my 3 months mark.I had my follow up appointment today , a few days early :) .Well I'm thrilled to say that lab results were excellent and for the first time in more than 7 years , I'm officially NO LONGER, insulin resistant :) :) I do have PCOS and my symptoms improved a lot. It's been an amazing journey so far . My total lost is 57 lbs including pre op diet and I have only 29 lbs more to go. Even that I started with a "low" BMI of 38,It hasn't been easy. I'm busting my butt at the gym 5 times a week. Exercise has been very important for my success , and I'm looking forward to continue exercising ;) So far my surgeon said I had lost about 60% off my excess weight :) .What else I can say , I LOVE my sleeve , I'm having more energy and even my libido is now high lol . Thank you sleevie!!!

Yay! labido os gewd! :o

Seriously, that is awesome! I was told I am no longer diabetic, and it was the best news!!!

Congrats is amazing what the sleeve can do :)

This just proves what a miracle this surgery really can be in someone's life. You know I just had a conversation the other day with someone who insisted that this surgery cannot cure people of diabetes. When I told her that I knew people in real life that had been able to go off their meds she literally didn't believe me. I tried to explain that it happens and within no time at all but she insisted it couldn't be real. Here you are living proof!

hi Lili, hi lili high low - couldn't resist, but i think your too young to know this beautiful song.

More importantly, so glad for you, out with the old diabetes, and on to a helthier you. :)

i am happy for you - but i'm also very GREEN with ENVY. :wacko:

Since i've had diabetes for the past 20 yrs. my dr. said i might not become diabetes free after the sleeve since i had diabetes so long I'm just over 2 months out since WLS.

Right after surgery i was told to stop my insulin until i see my PHP - he said lets try not to take the insulin for awhile. Go back to PHP in a couple of weeksl - I know my sugars aren't to a considered terrific low yet. Probably back to the needle for a bit.

Like I've said before"God Grant me Patience, Just Hurry up about"

kathy

hi Lili, hi lili high low - couldn't resist, but i think your too young to know this beautiful song.

More importantly, so glad for you, out with the old diabetes, and on to a helthier you. :)

i am happy for you - but i'm also very GREEN with ENVY. :wacko:

Since i've had diabetes for the past 20 yrs. my dr. said i might not become diabetes free after the sleeve since i had diabetes so long I'm just over 2 months out since WLS.

Right after surgery i was told to stop my insulin until i see my PHP - he said lets try not to take the insulin for awhile. Go back to PHP in a couple of weeksl - I know my sugars aren't to a considered terrific low yet. Probably back to the needle for a bit.

Like I've said before"God Grant me Patience, Just Hurry up about"

kathy

Hi Kathy :) We are both just starting this journey!!! I really hope your diabetes go away, I was not diabetic,just insulin resistant ,so kind of like diabetic borderline.

We still have a long way to go after this surgery,So far I seen your progress is amazing!! BIG HUG

I love it, that's so wonderful!! Soooo happy for you, and I totally know the feeling. The Sleeve is the gift to ourselves that keeps on giving.

:)

Thanks Kelly :)

I'm so happy for you! This is what it is truly all about, good health!!! hugs!