Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New Sleeve For Dooter

Hi Dooter! Congrats. I'm a little bit ahead of you and I can say, 2.5 weeks post-op, that life gets better soon. I had the gripping/wave stomach pain thing, too. It went away in the first week. It's all a bit of a blur now. On about day 5 I was able to take regular drinks (not sips) and felt hydrated and better. I continue to get stronger, more alert, and feel better and better each day. Hang in there! Yeah for all of us!!!!!!!

Thanks! I'm seeing improvement this morning!

Hope u get better :)

Thank you. Doing better today. :)

I am very happy for you, the hard part is over. You are well on your way to a long healthy life now.

Thanks Kemo! I believe it!

Sounds like a little rough start, but thankfully no leaks !!! Welcome to the losers bench! :)

Thanks! SO glad to be here!

Best of luck, Dooter! I have thought about you several times over the past week, wondered how you were doing, etc. Crazy how you have "perfect strangers" all over the map concerned about your well-being, huh? Keep up the healing and congratulations on making it to the other side! I hope to join you there next month ;)

Best of luck, Dooter! I have thought about you several times over the past week, wondered how you were doing, etc. Crazy how you have "perfect strangers" all over the map concerned about your well-being, huh? Keep up the healing and congratulations on making it to the other side! I hope to join you there next month ;)

It's awesome! I'm glad to have people who understand my place in life right now. :)

Yes, the clouds are clearing and I can see improvement. You went to Dr. Kim- I have to tell you, I can NOT say ENOUGH wonderful things about Forest Park Medical Center and Dr. Kim and his people!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! All I can say is, Money is a wonderful thing! That was the most awesome experience. (painful, but you know what i mean...) And actually the luxury for what i paid was unbelievable. Dr. Kim got $5050, and Forest Park got $7000. I got a HUUUGE private room complete with huge bathroom and shower, doting care by multiple people 24/7....just outstanding. You can hardly walk into the door of an emergency room with a bad gall bladder for less than $5000. Seriously.

Yes, the clouds are clearing and I can see improvement. You went to Dr. Kim- I have to tell you, I can NOT say ENOUGH wonderful things about Forest Park Medical Center and Dr. Kim and his people!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! All I can say is, Money is a wonderful thing! That was the most awesome experience. (painful, but you know what i mean...) And actually the luxury for what i paid was unbelievable. Dr. Kim got $5050, and Forest Park got $7000. I got a HUUUGE private room complete with huge bathroom and shower, doting care by multiple people 24/7....just outstanding. You can hardly walk into the door of an emergency room with a bad gall bladder for less than $5000. Seriously.

I'm sooo glad you found it to be as exceptional as I did!!--amazing care/environment! I tried to calm your nerves by describing my experience but until one actually sees the facility and care they'll be doubtful. So glad you're feeling better. I was thinking of you on the 13th.

Having good care in a nice facility makes a world of difference. I am also in Dallas, but had my surgery at Presbyterian Plano. I had a nice private room, and private shower and bath. The newer hospitals have hotel-style rooms and provide in-room sleeping arrangements and meals for the family as well as the patient.

A couple of years ago, my husband had major back surgery at another area hospital and it was just terrible. We will never, ever go back to that hospital, at least if we are conscious.

Dooter,

Big congratulations on getting through the surgery OK! And welcome to the losers bench! Am sorry to hear that you got off to such a rocky start. But it does get better. Be patient and take it one day at a time. Easy to say, tough to do, I know!

Hope everything goes well, and the rest of your post op course is smooth sailing all the way. Keep us posted so we know how you are doing!

Best wishes, and again, Welcome to the Losing Side!

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)

Dooter,

Big congratulations on getting through the surgery OK! And welcome to the losers bench! Am sorry to hear that you got off to such a rocky start. But it does get better. Be patient and take it one day at a time. Easy to say, tough to do, I know!

Hope everything goes well, and the rest of your post op course is smooth sailing all the way. Keep us posted so we know how you are doing!

Best wishes, and again, Welcome to the Losing Side!

Kathy D (alias Helen the Cat)

Thanks Helen! It's getting better every day!!

How are things going?? It's now 2/23/12, your post was on 2/15. Need an update. I hope and pray all is wonderful.

How are things going?? It's now 2/23/12, your post was on 2/15. Need an update. I hope and pray all is wonderful.

Everything is going VERY well! I'm being a good girl, and walking and drinking and taking in Protein. I've been fighting this hernia repair pain, so I'm still gulping down the vicodin, but that's ok. It will pass. The surgeon assured me it's problem. My one week checkup was great and passed leak test #2, then came home to Albuquerque from Dallas 2 days ago. Very glad to be home to my honey! I've lost 25# already from the start of the liquid diet until now which I'm really pleased with. I'm not going to check again for a while though! The hard thing to do is trying to rest and not dive right back into wife/mommy mode. Trying to let the family help me this week. I like it! Thanks for asking!! How are you?

Dooter, glad to hear from you! Please let the family help you as much as possible.

You had a heck of a commute home from the hospital! Did you stop anywhere?

Dooter, glad to hear from you! Please let the family help you as much as possible.

You had a heck of a commute home from the hospital! Did you stop anywhere?

Yes, we spent the night in Lubbock. We stayed 3 extra days because i was just not ready, so we made a 2 day trip out of the return. No one does the sleeve in Abq, so to Dallas i went! Y'all have the best!