Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ August Chat

Hi all....

Went for my fill today. Doc couldn't aspirate anything from my band again. Looks like I might have a leaky port as the saline goes in and is immediatley gone. I'm hoping maybe he is just missing my port... (a girl can dream, right?) We are working on getting me in for a fill under flouro to see what we are dealing with. A new port (low profile) is 600 bucks and the total cost to have a new port put in will be around 2k. I'm strangely calm about this though and not freaking out. Looking forward to the flouro to see what exactly the deal is.

Mvpo... sound slike you have had a rough one. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Peace.

DrewsLou sounds like you and I could be getting revisions about the same time. Let's hope NOT. Hopefully when they have you under flouro they will see that they MISSED the port and it really is okay. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for ya.

Myra

Drews ~ You are right, this place does feel like home. I'm going to prop my feet up and relax. ;)

Enough mushy stuff.....now down to business....

Myra ~ Oh my, that is a lot to eat with the band. How weird that you may have a flipped port. I know I've read it on her very little. Have you ever had any strange feelings in the muscles in that area? Did you have your first fill under flouro? Not that it would matter. When do you go back? Sorry for all the questions. Take care and keep us posted.

Linda ~ I have pretty good restriction and haven't started solid food. I will be there with you I'm sure....eating as a real bandster that is. I hope it doesn't get tighter b/c I will probably PB.....my worst fear. :phanvan For now, I'm enjoying the scales. :biggrin1:

Marci ~ YEAH for you!! :mad: Great job breaking that plateau!!! I've also wondered if my body just likes being at a certain weight. Hey, great idea on posting pics. I like the idea of seeing all of you. I will have to ponder the thought for myself. I hate not being behind the camera. :photo:

Drews ~ I sent you a hug on the other thread. Just in case you didn't see it, here it is again. :hug: Forgive me, I can't remember when you had your first fill. Did they have problems missing the port at that time? Like Myra, please let us know when you get the flouro scheduled and keep us up to date.

Let's keep our chins up!! No matter what we're dealing with, it can be fixed/corrected and we will all keep losing. I will keep you all in my prayers. :pray2:

I am planning on posting pics when I hit my September goal of 250. I havn't taken any pictures of myself since before surgery. It should be interesting--I'm hoping side by side pictures show me what the mirror doesn't. All the mirror shows me is my ever increasing turkey neck! "Gobble Gobble" :mad:

Hey guys! Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems!

Drews - Hopefully the fill with flouro will help solve your problem.... After having my first fill yesterday, I can't believe that it can be done without flouro! I'm with you, maybe they are just missing your port? I hope so!

Wow Myra! A flipped port! That's crazy! I hope the problem remedies itself and you don't have to go through another surgery! I'm sure it will be okay! Good Luck!

Congrats 3loves and Marci on losing weight again! That's awesome!

Well, I had my first fill yesterday.. they put in 1.25cc. It's pretty cool to watch the x-ray monitor and see the fluoro and Water go down. At first they put in 1.5cc and decided to back up to 1.25. It's freaky to see that big ole needle hanging from your belly! I can already tell that I'm going to have to re-adjust my eating habits again.. I was getting faster, bigger bites, not chewing as well, and that's not gonna fly after the fill!

Did your surgeons do your fills? My surgeon's nusre is getting/or is certified to do it now, so she did mine. I think I was like her 38th fill. The surgeon was there closely supervising...I'm sure they just need to free up some of his time from doing fills. Seems like they have a ton of Lap-Band patients! There were four of us there getting fills yesterday. It was cool because I got to talk to the others.. One had been banded a little over two years, one a little over a year and one about 8 months. They were all very nice and supportive and still happy with their decisions to get banded, and that's always nice to hear!

Also, I wanted to ask you guys about mucus. Living in the south, allergies and allergens are really bad, so naturally there is lots of mucus. Has your surgeon/program discussed in depth mucus with you guys? Turns out that we produce a lot of mucus every day(2-3 quarts?)... I've been told numerous times about the importance of drinking a hot or acidic liquid before the morning meal and really every meal to help empty the mucus from the pouch. They say that Fluid gathers around a restricted area, so mucus gathers near the band in your pouch... I'm sure the problem is worsened by seasonal allergies.. The ladies that I spoke with were talking about how the more restriction you have the more mucus becomes a problem. Moral of the story... if you have problems eating early in the am or throughout the day, drink your hot or acidic drinks before you try to eat solids and wash that mucus away!

Have a great day everyone.. I know one thing, I'm looking forward to Labor Day weekend! Geeze, I just got back from vacation and am already dying to have an extra day off! I think I've secretly become a beach bum!

Oh... also wanted to say how nice it is to come to this supportive, welcoming, no BS thread. Geeze.. I'm scared to post anywhere else these days! Thanks my Mayster friends!

Drews aand Mvpo.....I will think good and happy port thoughts for both of you. Drews, I hope they are just missing it! I would have thought they would have done the fills under flouro to start with? Mvpo, maybe it will flip back?

Well, it's official......I've lost 3 lbs this week! I couldn't wait till tomorrow for an official weight, so I got dressed this morning and hopped on the scale. Since my original weight was taken fully dressed, that's the way I've been weighing since. Though buck naked (shudder at the thought of that! LOL!) I've lost more. Maybe if I don't make my September Challenge, I'll use that weight instead.....heheheheheh.........

Duckie... I always weight first thing in the morning after I pee.... naked before my shower and that's the only weight that I count. I have a little ritual that I do even.... my hubby laughs at me about it all the time. Every little ounce counts though!

I know it's stupid, but I always pee, then spit in the toilet for luck before I weigh myself--first thing in the morning and before I shower of course! I also step on the scale as "lightly" as I can. LOL. It's rediculous I know--but, it's my little ritual!

I made the September Challenge Deadline! Twenty pounds gone this morning! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

CONGRATULATIONS Janey!!! WAY TO GO!!! You are such an inspiration.

:mad: :success1: :rockon: :waytogo: :tongue1: :target: :dance: :high5: :Bunny :cool: :)

Think the board is jacked up? This is what my PM thingy says:

Welcome, DrewsLou.

newpm.gif You last visited: Today at 08:02 AM

Private Messages: Unread 65535, Total 209.

Weird! The board has been super slow for me all day. What the Phuck?

Ohhhhhh thanks for the great response. That makes me feel great. :biggrin1: I don't know about inspiration but I do try to just keep plugging along....LOL! I am hoping that my next fill in September actually gets me some restriction! :)

Weird! The board has been super slow for me all day. What the Phuck?

Yes, it has been a strange place lately for sure. Now, get busy reading some of those PM's. Wait, I know....your PM's got mixed up with Alex. :huggie: