Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ August Chat

Hi gang! I have done well overall, despite a *lost month* in bandster Hell before I could get my first fill. I lost great the first 4 weeks and then gained some back and am now back to losing.

I am not sure what could be doing it, but I now seem to have more restriction, about 3 weeks AFTER my fill. Hmm...I am not complaining. I like the restriction, but I still have head issues. I really enjoy eating and have to make myself stop before I get too full, otherwise I am uncomfortable. Guess that is what the band is for, LOL!

I have joined Curves and have been working out 4 or 5 days a week. I am surprised by how much I enjoy it! I bought my sister a membership, too, so she can come keep me company. We are trying to keep each other motivated. She had RNY 4 years ago and has gained a few pounds back.

Oh well, off to work!

Well, I managed to move my fill date up to next Wednesday. I can't wait. It is a little discouraging to know that I still cave in to temptation so easily when it comes to food. My ultimate goal is to get to a place where I have a very healthy emotional relationship with food and don't even need the help of the band to lose or maintain. Obviously I still have a ways to go. Thank goodness I have the band to help me along the way!

Anyway, here are my stats for the September Challenge! After gaining 3 pounds over the weekend, I thought I was going to post no loss but I somehow managed to drop 3 pounds yesterday!

S 276 / C 260 / G 255 (-2 this week, -16 total) 5 more pounds to go!

Take care and have a great week everyone.

I went yesterday for my 4th fill and I am finally feeling the restriction. I have a small 4cc band and now have 1.9cc fill. :kiss2:

Thanks

Patsy - Conratulations on the good restriction. It makes all the difference!

Well, I've decided to change my September Challenge goal. Knowing I have to check in here weekly really makes a difference for me during the week and since I only have 5 more pounds to lose I don't want to coast the rest of the way into September.

So, my new goal is to be 250 lbs by my birthday which is September 15th. Wow, I can't even believe that number is within reach. I havn't seen it in over 10 years.

Its me again!

I posted this on the "food" forum but I thought I would let you all in on my new fast food favorite!

I ran some errands today with out thinking about the last time I ate--what a mistake! About an hour into my two hours of errands I was starving and grumpy!

I wound up at Carl's Jr. and decided to try their chicken Club wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun. I had them hold the bacon and mayo as well so the sandwich had about 3.5 oz (my estimation) of chicken breast coated with a thin layer of BBQ Sauce, a slice of swiss cheese and Tomato. The iceberg lettuce was great because it added quite a bit of moisture and crunchiness to the sandwich which made the chicken go down quite easily. Anyway, when I got home and logged my sandwich on sparkpeople.com (awesome free website if you havn't tried it) I was amazed to see what a great choice I had made!

According to sparkpeople my chicken club lettuce wrap was about 180 calories, 27 grams of Protein, 5 grams of fat, and 4 carbs. Wow with stats like that it was delicious too!

Hello May Bandsters:

I am so thankful for this board. I've learn so much and it helps to hear others experience. The experience is so individual.

I have 9 pounds to go for the Sept challenge. It was mid-Sept right?

I went to see my Doc today to discuss a fill. (I am still a NO FILL) And he said "if it ain't broke, why fix it" and suggested more dense protien, 5 small meals a day and see him in 2 weeks. I've never PB'd or slimmed and I don't want to. I just don't tollerate that kind of thing at all, so it keeps me honest, most of the time.

I am trying to increse my exercise and that is going pretty good.

Good Morning!

I am checking in for the September Challenge... I am down 3 pounds this week! That gives me a total loss for the challenge of 16.5 pounds! I am now wearing a comfortable size 20... some things are getting a bit big though. I have been faithfully going to the gym 3 times a week and do just over 2 miles (45 minutes) on the treadmill on a hill program. I can't believe what a difference walking on an incline is! It's awesome! My legs are pretty sore today from my workout last night but it's a good kinda hurt.

I am going to get a tattoo tonight! It will be cherry blossoms on the top of my left foot. I was going to wait until I reached 50lbs lost (my first goal) but my SIL decided she wanted to get one too and we are making a girls night out of it. So we will go have dinner then get tats. I am excited!

I will get some new pics taken this weekend and get those posted. I want to see all your faces and your progress! Let's see some pics people!

Have a good one!

Peace.

Hello again to my fellow May Bandsters!! I've been reading through your posts and glad to see everyone is doing so great. I feel guilty because I havent been around. Any time I seem to muster up I've been on the Canadian thread. I'd love to touch base with you all again. Keep up the great work!

Hey kids!

Everyone is doing so great! it truly is an inspiration! I have decided I have pretty good restriction, not fabulous, but good for now. I'm actually learning what it feels like to be hungry- It's taken me a while to learn it- thin people just don't understand that. I'm also learning that I don't have to feel "full" when I'm sitting at the table. I eat the amount that I should and then walk away- and find that I am satisfied- I'm learning that I don't have to be stuffed to be satisfied- amazing. I did experience my first PB at the amusement park with my kids, luckily within sprinting distance to a bathroom. that sliming is really a sight to behold-wow.

I totally suck on the September challenge- I gained 2 before my fill- now I've lost 4, but that's really only 2 total. If I'm going to be anywhere close I gotta book!!!

great part is, I'm fitting into clothes that have been way too tight for too long, so tht's nice, people around me are noticing, so that's pretty fun.

everyone have a great Thursday!- I'm going for a bike ride.:)

Kato

My weight's started coming off again...yippee! I just may have beat the depo plateau! I feel like I've climbed out of the black pit to find a beautiful rainbow... OK, that may be overly dramatic but that's how I feel.

I also have a BMI NSV! It's below 32 for the first time in a zillion years.... Plus I'm 5 pounds away from the September Challenge goal. :peace:

This is a great WLS day...and I intend to start it by toasting with my morning Protein shake to all of us on this journey together and give thanks for everyone's support.

Hello Maysters! I haven't posted in a couple of weeks because I was on vacation and then I was on dayshift. (16 hour days don't leave much time for the computer.) While I was on vacation, I did not make good food choices, drank diet coke and even had a margarita! I gained 3 lbs. Bad Marci!!!!!!!

But I lost the 3 lbs this past week, so I've really stayed the same for over 3 weeks. I'm still hoping to make the Sept. Challenge, but it's going to be tough. I am going for my second fill on Aug. 29. I can eat WAY too much and I've found that food that used to really bother me, doesn't any more. So I'm sure it's fill time.

Vacation was a blast. We spent the week at the Sturgis Bike Week. I put 1012 miles on my bike. We rode all over the Black Hills, went to a concert, hung out in some of the biker bars and generally had a fun time.

Here's a picture of me on my bike. My youngest son (14) was riding with his dad and swung around with the camera and took this picture.

1068809219_l.jpg

And here's a picture of my husband and I in front of Devil's Tower. Notice how I "hide" behind him and the bikes? Well, even though I've lost 40 lbs, I still am not a "biker babe" in tight leathers and I HATE to have my picture taken! Maybe next year...........

1068804068_l.jpg

Everyone sounds like they are doing great! I took me a while to get caught up on all the posts. Keep up the good work and since vacation is over, I will try to post more often.

Justduckie,

Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to put another face to a name. I'm glad you had a great vacation. Three pounds is actually pretty good! I can gain that over a weekend if I don't make good food choices so I'm pretty impressed!

Sept Challenge * I stayed the same again. At least I'm not gaining. :phanvan I have left the nurse 2 messages to schedule a fill and have not heard back. Tomorrow I'm going to call and will not get off the phone till I talk to a LIVE person and get this scheduled.

I traveled to OH this past week for a quick visit before the kids started school. I had a terrible tooth ache (come to find out I need a root canal per my old dentist) and couldn't eat for at least 24 hrs b/c of the pain. After the pain meds & antibiotics, I still ate very little. I guess my body is adjusting to my weight loss and has decided to hold on to the rest of the fat. :) Does anyone else feel the same way? If anything, I'm not getting enough to eat and feeling a bit anxious to get my fill. I want this stubborn weight to be gone!!! I'm still shooting for the Sept 15th deadline. Don't count me out yet. :biggrin1:

I would probably get very discouraged without all of you. I hear how some are losing and some are not. It's a journey and I'm glad to be able to cry on your shoulders. This place & this thread keeps me going.

sleepyjean ~ Right now I would consider cutting off my left boob to lose weight. :D OK, not really....just want that stupid scales to move.

Kim ~ I used to live in Pensacola which is very close to Destin. Also, the people we bought our house from here in IN, moved to Destin. You will have a great time on the Emerald Beach. Be sure to post some pics. Let me know how your fill goes. I hope to get one soon.

MarcyD ~ Hang in there....you are not alone.

Linda ~ Good for you on your new Sept goal....I know you can do it!! Great job on your loss already and BTW, I wished we had a Carl's Jr around here. That sounds really yummy.

Drews ~ Where the tattoo pics? Huh? Huh? We want pics!! :photo: You are doing a FANTASTIC job. :) What incline do you use on the treadmill? Now, don't laugh too hard, but I'm up to a 2 and sometimes a 3 for a short period of time. It does make for a nice burn.

CLOE ~ You should join us more often. We would love to hear more about how your doing. Look forward to hearing more from you.

kato ~ I'm only down 6 for the challenge so your not alone. PB at an amusement park does not sound like my idea of fun. It must have been terrible for you. I hope to stay a PB virgin. :D

Marci a.k.a. justduckie ~ Oh my gosh, I've been talking about motorcycles for 2 wks now. Beautiful bikes & beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. I'm getting the fever and know I cannot even think about one right now. I found out my mom still has her motorcycle endorsement on her drivers license. It was in the 70's that she got it. Can you believe it? She would wreck a bike now in her condition.

My crime is the rare light ice cream and a tootsie roll pop (they make these with spenda now but they are tiny)

Wow-- didn't know they were made with Splenda! I went to the Tootsie Roll website and checked out the nutritional data: http://www.tootsie.com/nutrit_pops.html

Doesn't seem right that the regular sugar and non-sugar version of these pops are only 10 calories apart for three each. The sugars are obviously different, but I'm wondering if I should care since I'm not diabetic.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up... I'll keep an eye out for them.