Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High Protein Snacks

Is beef Jerky advisable once you are eating normal food for snacking? What are other high Protein Snacks that are also low in fat and carbs?

I love beef Jerky. I can chew, chew, chew, and chew. It is so tasty and satisfyes my really fast. ;)

There are a lot of people who really rely on Jerky for Snacks. It's pretty salty, but other than that, it's a great snack.< /p>

I snack on almonds, string cheese, and greek yogurt., I also love Oh Yeah peanut butter/choc Protein bars. They are like a kit kat. I only eat one stick at a time. People like to snack on hard boiled eggs, but I hate eggs.< /p>

My surgeon told me to never eat that stuff. If you think about it, that's not a natural treatment of food. It's been basically bathed in salt to preserve it. Even sunflower seeds are better than beef Jerky and 1 oz of roasted sunflower seeds has 14 gm of protein!

ive been eating beef Jerky lately, and i never like it before. Im also eating spoonfuls of Peanut Butter, and i have hard boiled eggs a few times a week, they are easy to cook a bunch at a time and put in my bag for work.

I really like the mini-babybel cheeses and Frigo string cheese since surgery. My other go-to Snacks include Pork rinds, almonds and SF pudding. I have never liked beef Jerky, so I don't have any opinion on that. :)

if you get the Jerky from a butcher or place that makes it fresh, its usually got about 1/2 the sodium of the packaged stuff on the shelves. Its also not that hard to make it yourself :)

If you make it yourself you can make it out of locally, humanely grown meat...

I'm not allowed to have steak yet, so I doubt if I should try Jerky yet! Sounds good though.

I make my own Jerky without salt, but you know I think for me that would be soooo dangerous a food after surgery. I can't stop once I get started on it.

My list says I can have it starting from week 10 or on, too tough. She told me at my appt, because she knwos I travel, that I could probably try the teriyaki chicken Jerky "nuggets" earlier since I seem to tolerate everything quite well, and just chew chew chew.

I also get Glenny's Soy crisps (BBQ) 9 g Protein a bag if I want chip like things.

Like others, string cheese, mini babybel cheese, lunch meat and hardboiled eggs are staples.

I love thinly sliced cheese - colby jack is my favorite! I was also told to use my shakes in place of Snacks.< /p>

I like a few slices of Gallo Lite 55% reduced fat salami. 5 slices are 70 calories and 7 grams of Protein. Like others, I also enjoy light cheeses and beef Jerky. I like 1/2 apple with some Peanut Butter, but I don't consider Peanut Butter a Protein food. It's too many calories for the amount of protein. Sometimes i have a Soy Latte or soy milk heated with a little sugar free caramel Syrup. It's 80 calories and 8 grams of protein. Nuts are a trigger food for me so I try to avoid them.

Lynda