Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is set for February 7 and I am so close to cancelling. This 10 day liquid diet I have been on is so difficult, that I don't know if I will be able to last after my surgery. I am just miserable. I definately realized that I am a food addict. I love food. I love going out to dinner. I love cooking for my family and sitting down and eating with them. Maybe I am not ready! I went thru 7 months of appointsments to prepare me, but it took 2 months after I was done with my 7 months to get approved and scheduled for my surgery. In the 2 months I feel like I lost my momentum. I went on two All-Inclusive vacations plus Christmas time.during that time. I really don't know if I am ready for surgery, or if I will ever be ready. Is it possible that I could not even loose any weight at all after surgery. I haven't lost any weight on the liquid diet yet and I haven't even cheated. Any advice out there? I don't know what to do!

Please don't think of it like that! You won't be that hungry anyway after surgery so you will be fine on liquids for a little while. It is not the same as the pre-op diet since your stomach is 85 percent smaller! Of course you will lose weight! You won't be drinking or eating that much. You will feel so good after you do this for yourself! of course no one likes the liquid or pureed diets, but

if you do well on the stages, you can move right along to the next stage, and my doctor didn't even pur me on the full liquid stage he moved me right into mushies. I am 7 weeks out now and on any food ( except bread and pasta). I feel so good and have lost 32 lbs. You will be amazed how fast the time will go and remember, just because one person has pain or issues, doesn't mean you will. I never had to take any pain meds after my surgery. I hope you will realize what a great thing you are doing for yourself and your health. Keep us posted. You will do great!

Sorry you are having a hard time.....but one thing i have learned from reading these boards is that we all need to change the way we think or the relationship we have with food. Yes it is hard anf yes you will have moments of regret...but in the end....your way of eating will change....you will feel better. When you look in the mirror you will see the person who was hiding behind that relationship with food. You will build a better and more meaningful relationship with health and confidence. We all have to let go....we have to let go of what is hurting our bodies and health. Just think about what this journey is really about....its about you and changing your lifestyle so you can be around for a very long time feeling great. I think you have to follow your heart....but just make sure craving and addiction isnt making the decision for you. Best wishes to you. :)

I'm so sorry your having such conflicts with yourself. . but you know what you have to be completely prepared for this surgery. . not just the physical aspect but more so the mental aspect and unless you don't have the preparedness, then maybe your not ready at this point. Let me tell you though, at 3 years out I am very happy i had this surgery done. . . in the beginning i really hated it, i resented the surgery so much, why? cause I was a food addict and the surgery didn't allow me to indulge in my addiction anymore. . . i had to relearn how to eat, when to eat, when to drink liquids etc. . . it's tough, really tough, but soon i overcame my addiction. . . there are days even now i wish i hadn't done it, but those are just fleeting seconds, i have shed 150 lbs and will never look back. . .i think i may have put on several more years onto my existing life by losing weight. . . i'm proud of myself. . . you must be ready though, if your not ready now, you will be eventually. . . good luck to you!

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate all of your comments. I hope the feelings I have change before my surgery on Tuesday. I'm glad there are people out here for me to "vent" to. Thanks again!