Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 15th is my scheduled date!

Hi all! I'm a newbie here and just wanted to let you know how helpful I have found the info posted here. I've been lurking here a few hours now (not getting much else done! LOL!) I'm scheduled for my surgery on 8-15 and I'm starting to panic that I don't have all my ducks in a row. I wanna make sure I'm prepared.

I live in New Jersey and my doctor is Dr. Nussbaum in West Orange. A few friends went to him and were pleased. My mom is scheduled for a consult right after my surgery. I have a 2 year old boy that deserves a healthy mom.

I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more once I have my surgery. Right now, I'm reading all I can.:bananapartyhat:

Im in perth, western Australia and my surgery is scheduled for that day too so looks like we are both going in on the 15th.. how wonderful!

everything will be ok I actually cant wait for the surgery and to be put under because when i wake up it will be the start of my new life..

Well that makes three of us. My surgery is Aug. 15 in Indianapolis IN. I am very excited, but a little nervous. I go for my dietary preparation and clinical education on July 9, 2007. I am like you libra I am not sure if all of ducks are in a row. I would like a list of fooods I can have 1,2,3 weeks postop and an exercise plan. Good luck to both of you.

JP

Hi jpayton, I live in Greenwood, IN. I am targeted for the first of Aug. but who knows. Dr. S. Clark will be doing my lap band. Good luck to everyone.

Judy

Judy,

Dr. Clark is my Dr. too. I am so happy to meet someone so close to home. Good luck to you and email me any time.

Jackie

Hi I met with the Doc yesterday and i am scheduled for Aug 15 also. I'm in Oakville Ontario Canada. Would love to chat with others that have the same date, a few friends travelling the same road at the same time!

<p>Michee,</p> <p>Looks like we are in this together. I am starting to get very nervous. I do the pre-op testing Aug. 30. Hope to talk to you soon.</p> <p>JP</p>

Hi JP

based on your ticker we are starting off at around the same weight, with the same amount of weight to lose, and we have the same date.... cool. I went for blood work a couple of days ago, having the preop with my doc on Aug 02, which is also the day that the balance is due on my surgery. I just received my case o Optifast in the mail. I'll be on it for 2 weeks prior to surgery. Do you have a preop diet ? Love to chat

Hi DoxieLover

I think we chatted briefly on the Canada forum? You have surgery scheduled in the morning at 9:20, mine is at 1:20. R U Local ? I am going to the bansdter lunch in Mississauga today cant wait to meet all the success stories!! Also I must say I love the picture, I assume that is your doglet? Lets compare notes. I sampled the Optifast shake this morning for brekkie. It was not terrible!

Hi Michee,

I had all of my pre-op testing yesterday (July 30). I meet with the dietician on thursday to find out about the pre-op diet. It must not last too long, because my surgery is Aug. 15. I am getting worried.

JP

Aug.15 here tooo. It's getting soooooooooooooooooo close. Were gonna be losers sooooon. WOW that sounds so great. Good luck all.