Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Protein Bars

I received the Quest bars tody I ordered just Sunday night. Turns out they are only about 35 miles from me. Anyway I ordered a box each of samples of the original and natural flavors. I tried the Lemon Pie one today and it tasted just like a lemon bar to me. Kind of sweet but I can handle it, although I was never a s"sweet tooth". I will try one tomorrow from the Original ones. But now I know I will never buy any more Protein drinks cuz I will try to get most of it from my food and have a bar every afternoon. Finally found a bar I like!

I tried the PB & J today. it was good, but not what I expected. I like the taste of the bars so far, but the texture is kind if strange. They all basically look the same. Smooth and plain. Can't really see anything else in them but a goldish colored bar. I will try the rest though, but I am trying to decide about the texture. I kind of miss the crunchy in some of the other bars.

i haven't gotten mine yet ... I am sitting here having my Atkins as I type ... the atkins one I'm eating has only 8 gr of Protein, but it's so good ... tastes like a babe ruth ... lots of crunch w/nuts ... I hope I'm not disappointed in the Quest ones when I get them .... arghhhh ... so hard to find a good protein bar! thanks for keeping me posted ... i'll let you know when I get mine and what I think of them ....

I tried the PB & J today. it was good, but not what I expected. I like the taste of the bars so far, but the texture is kind if strange. They all basically look the same. Smooth and plain. Can't really see anything else in them but a goldish colored bar. I will try the rest though, but I am trying to decide about the texture. I kind of miss the crunchy in some of the other bars.

I always forget to mention the texture when people ask me about the Quest bars! Argh! Yes, they are *very* chewy (a texture I totally love anyhow). And they do have very little, if any, 'crunch' to them. I love their very firm chewiness and substantiality, but it's not to everyone's taste I know. I have not had any crunchy Protein bars, ever, so I didn't even think about mentioning that bit. Think of a very, very chewy brownie that's also gone a couple days past being fresh -- that kind of chewy. Like a tootsie roll maybe? I can't think of a proper comparison... Even if the texture is not to your liking, perhaps the flavors will still win you over -- or the nutrition profile, which all else being equal, is awesome. For anyone with troubles getting in enough fibre, one of those a day will put you right up at top fibre levels.

Target has a house brand. Less than $4 for 5 of them...I like the double chocolate... sort of like a chocolate dipped oreo cookie. crunchie. Balance bar lemon meringue is good too.Not crunchy, but tasty.

I guess I really don't mean crunchy. I mean they are just so soft and chewy with no chunks or pieces of anything. Today I will try the vanilla almod crunch which looks like it is a fave among you all!

I got my Quest bars today -- I tried a Peanut Butter & jelly one -- it was pretty good -- very dense, yes, and it took me like 6 hours to finish a whole bar (I had to keep taking little bites every hour), but all & all, I'm happy with them and am especially delighted w/their Protein content. I am just shy of 5 months out and I am having huge problems meeting my protein requirements daily, so am thrilled when I have anything that can add to my protein needs .... so this is great. I will try the coconut cashew one tomorrow ... thanks everyone for all your help w/this.

I got my Quest bars today -- I tried a Peanut Butter & jelly one -- it was pretty good -- very dense, yes, and it took me like 6 hours to finish a whole bar (I had to keep taking little bites every hour), but all & all, I'm happy with them and am especially delighted w/their Protein content. I am just shy of 5 months out and I am having huge problems meeting my Protein requirements daily, so am thrilled when I have anything that can add to my protein needs .... so this is great. I will try the coconut cashew one tomorrow ... thanks everyone for all your help w/this.

I tried the Quest Cinnamon Roll today. I love it! It tastes just like Snickerdoodles cookie dough. See what I mean about the texture? I will try the Vanilla Almond tomorrow. Did you buy just some individual bars or a sample pack?

I bought a package of the p&J ones, but also a few individual ones to try ... the plain Peanut Butter ones and also the cashew coconut one ... so will try one of each in the days to come ... yes, I understand now what you mean about the texture ... they are "dense" ... kind of like haluvah (sp?) ... I'll see if I get sick of them or if I grow to adore them .. time will tell ... I don't like anything too sweet, and have never been a fan of cookie dough, so not sure I would like the Cinnamon roll ones???

Big fan of the Premier Protein bars from costco. (and other places, I'm sure) I also love their Protein shakes (30g of Protein, each)

I am going to have to check those bars out. I am very impressed with the Premier Protein shakes. Their chocolate is the most palatable shake I have found so far.

Good, palatable protein is hard to find.

I know I used the chocolate Premier Protein shakes from costco too and those were the only ones I could stand the taste of. Next time I go I will have to check out the bars there.

I bought a package of the p&J ones, but also a few individual ones to try ... the plain Peanut Butter ones and also the cashew coconut one ... so will try one of each in the days to come ... yes, I understand now what you mean about the texture ... they are "dense" ... kind of like haluvah (sp?) ... I'll see if I get sick of them or if I grow to adore them .. time will tell ... I don't like anything too sweet, and have never been a fan of cookie dough, so not sure I would like the Cinnamon roll ones???

I guess they taste more like Snickerdoodles to me than a cinnamon roll so that' why I thought of that! It is the same texture as the others, but so far my favorite. I just came back from the grocery store and saw the Oh Yeah bars and the small one was 2.99 and the larger one was 3.99 so that makes the Quest bars seem cheap!

The Quest bars taste good, but I have TMJ and by the time I manage to get through half a bar, my jaws are aching.

I wish I could find a Protein "bar" that had a texture more like a brownie or soft cookie.

I have also noticed that ever since I started having one Quest bar every afternoon, I have not lost anymore weight. I am going to skip them for the next three days and drink the last three premier drinks just to get rid of them, and see what happens.

oh - gosh - that's not good (re not losing weight since having Quest bars) ... I usually hit a stall at least 1x a month, and don't worry about it since usually a week later, I see the lbs drop off ... but everyone is different. And, as I say, I am not really eating enough as it is, since I am having a hard time meeting requirements just yet, so maybe that, too, has something to do w/why I'm still losing weight (usually only about 1-3 lbs a week) .... let me know how things go w/you ...

I have noticed no loss since then, but maybe just a coincidence?? I hope so. The only other thing I have done differently is eat some diced up fruits with Breakfast but not even half a cup so not enough to matter I would think. maybe they just don't agree with me or something!