Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What "online" Tools Do You Use To Help You In Weight Loss?

As many of you know, I was sleeved a few years ago. I did awesome, and had actually gotten to within 20 pounds of goal at one point. Then, last year was nothing but emotional turmoil for me and I returned to a lot of old, bad habits. Believe me, even with the sleeve, if you eat junk, you will gain weight. I have gained over 20 pounds and if I don't do something, I am afraid of becoming a complete failure and gaining it all back.

I know there are tons of websites for helping people lose weight. Some free, some not. What ones have you tried and what has worked for you? I joined MyFitnessPal last week, but it hasn't given me the motivation I hoped it would. I have always had great success with Weight Watchers Online, and am thinking of joining again. The thing is, with so many free options out there, I hate to spend the money on WW, you know what I mean? And yet, I wonder if spending the money is part of the reason it has worked for me in the past, because I felt if I spent the money, I darn well better work the plan, lol. Or is it because I understand how it works, and find it so easy to follow? Or, maybe I just didn't give MFP enough of a chance, I just don't know. The only thing I do know is I need to do something, and do it fast!

So, what have you tried, what has worked for you and what do you suggest?

As many of you know, I was sleeved a few years ago. I did awesome, and had actually gotten to within 20 pounds of goal at one point. Then, last year was nothing but emotional turmoil for me and I returned to a lot of old, bad habits. Believe me, even with the sleeve, if you eat junk, you will gain weight. I have gained over 20 pounds and if I don't do something, I am afraid of becoming a complete failure and gaining it all back.

I know there are tons of websites for helping people lose weight. Some free, some not. What ones have you tried and what has worked for you? I joined MyFitnessPal last week, but it hasn't given me the motivation I hoped it would. I have always had great success with Weight Watchers Online, and am thinking of joining again. The thing is, with so many free options out there, I hate to spend the money on WW, you know what I mean? And yet, I wonder if spending the money is part of the reason it has worked for me in the past, because I felt if I spent the money, I darn well better work the plan, lol. Or is it because I understand how it works, and find it so easy to follow? Or, maybe I just didn't give MFP enough of a chance, I just don't know. The only thing I do know is I need to do something, and do it fast!

So, what have you tried, what has worked for you and what do you suggest?

Heyyy Susan!! Girl, do NOT worry! I know you, and I know that you are one tough determined chick when the times right for you.

I have done Weight Watchers many times as well and I've always been successful with it. I do like it very much and it is very easy to navigate. I do like My Fitness Pal, but hey, it's not for everyone. Anyhow, whatever the main reason is you prefer WW over anything else doesn't matter. What DOES matter is that it works for you, so sign up! I know they do specials around this time of year. I'm not sure if you might have missed the promo period or not but better find out before more time passes.

Also I know for a fact continuing to come HERE for support means the world to me. There's always the awesome ones who continue to challenge and inspire and I really need that all the time. Just because I'm thin now does not mean I can stray away from the plan, I have to stay diligent to keep the weight off. So, having these great supporters around me daily helps keep me in check.

Don't worry about the gain dear, if you start now, I bet you will have most of that gone by the end of February. Start flushing, get back to some type of workout routine and get off the carbs. BTW I'm starting my bootcamp Wednesday. If you'd like to join me... let's do it together! But you gotta check in. :)

Here's where I'll be checking in here at VST:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/28139-the-basics-boot-camp/

and

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/28952-gonna-get-to-goal-wanna-join-me/

I've heard a lot of good things about sparkpeople - not sure if it costs $ or if it's free, but you might look into that too.

I always had success for a period of time doing WW, and their food program really fits a sleever's diet because it focuses on high protein/low fat/low carb eating, with lots of healthy fruits & veggies. I am starting to use a lot of my old WW recipes (with some modifications) to keep myself at my calorie targets, since my capacity is starting to increase.

Good luck with getting back on track!!

Thanks, guys. Irene, not being able to exercise is part of my problem. My back problems reached the point of where I have been pretty much unable to do anything since August. As long as I was able to do my Tae Kwon Do and Jiu Jitsu, I could eat just about anything and lose weight. But, when you are in constant pain and can hardly move, exercise becomes physically impossible. Between the issues I had with my family last year, and the back problems, I got really depressed and that led to my falling back into the zone of turning to crunchy, salty food as a comfort mechanism. I have a procedure on back scheduled Tuesday morning, and if all goes well, it should eliminate my pain, at least for a while. I am hoping and praying it works. I think finally being pain free and able to move again will be a huge motivator. But, I recognize that I am going to need lots of support from my friends here and on Facebook, and I am going to need to follow an online program to get myself back to where I need to be.

Hi Susan just checking in to see how your doing these days. :)