Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its A Whole New World

Hi everyone i saw this forum and thought wow what a great way to talk to others who know just how i feel. I had my surgery on January 5, 2012 so i'm a little over 3 weeks out. I feel so much better but i do have my days. There are some where i just dont want to it and if i try i get nauseous. The surgery went great i really didn't have no problems. i was kept a couple extra days only because they were sure if i had a leak, but luckly everything was good. Home life has been so different i dont quite look at food the same way as i once had. And boy am i forced to deal with my feeling in a whole new way. i have had my ups and downs like when my daughter told my mom, " i wish mommy was her old self" boy did that bring up some guilty feelings. But she only 6 and one day she'll realize i did this to be here for her. My oldest daughter has protested about all the changes but i figure a healther life is a better life and she'll eventually get used to it and maybe some day thank me. I keep telling myself i did this for a reason and thats to be healther. I try my hardest not to just focus on the weigh loss but on the process of changing why i relyed on food so much. It's definatley a journey but i'm up for it.

So i started out at 321 pound on the day of surgery and today i'm down to 295 so i Celebrate the fact that i'm no longer in the 3's. Some of my clothes have gotten big but i'm having a hard time letting them go. Yesterday my husband said time to give that one up. LOL so i did. I think i've just about gone down a size so I'm happy about that. i take it day by day but i also look forward to a future were i no longer have to hide who i am but to Celebrate me. smilingface%20%2852%29.gif

Congrats on the Loss!! :)

Congrats on being sleeved!! You are doing an awesome job and rocking your sleeve!! :) I think it's amazing that you realize that there is a head component to the surgery and you are doing something about it!!!

Your daughter will realize that you did this for her and for you!! Keep doing what you're doing!

Good luck on your journey!! :)

My 11 yr old also didnt want me to have the surgery, he said I wouldnt be his mommy anymore because his mommy is big and round and I was getting to skinny... kids say the darnest things. Anyway, congrats on the sleeve and your family will adjust to your decision.

CONGRATS! This is one of the best choices you can make for you and your family. Yes, it is hard to give up our cloths when we lose the weight because our negative thinking goes back to: I'm going to fail this time and need this size later. Well guess what? That is called Steeken thinking! You are going to learn what are your triggers to eating unhealthy foods, and yes it will be painful at times, and learn the coping skills to stay away for old negative triggers so you can benefit from having your new tool, "the Sleeve." Welcome to the Big Loser's CLub! This is the greatest support group ever! ;)