Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey Sue, good going on the cushion.....I'm so proud! I'm that way, too. Can't stop until it's done. Sorry to hear about the costco sample. I did that once, too.....a Pasta I think. Hurled my guts out in the back parking lot.....argh

Wendy girl! A baby girl grandbaby!!!! WOO HOOOO!!! That is so exciting. Girls are so fun to SHOP for!

James! Welcome to the club, dude!!!! It's the best thing any of us have done for ourselves. Finally an answer!

Jen! You are doing well!!!! 25 pounds, I see. Very cool! Make sure you are drinking a LOT!

WE are up in Toronto, Canada through Tuesday. Can;t remember if I told you all. Dave did a seminar Saturday, we are visiting family Sunday and then he'll be seeing potential clients on Monday and part of Tuesday. Missing my doggies.....

Can't wait to see you all at support group next Monday. BTW, Rachel met with Laura herself for her nutrition appointment. Very cool. If she's up to it, I'll DRAG her to the meeting next week. LOL We'll see how tough she is...I told you guys she was out with me shoe shopping WAY too soon after her Tummy Tuck. I think she's learned her lesson, though.

Merrillee

ps, where's DAWN!

I am pre-op for Dec. 4th. Dr. Hunter is my surgent for Virginia Mason.

Good Luck to you, James. Dr. Hunter is my doctor, too. I really like him and his staff.

Hey all you Tacoma area people...it's the 3rd Tuesday...Support group night at St Joes

Now that it's only once a month you really don;t want to miss!!!

Mer...you're gone until Tuesday, group is this week, we'll miss you :scared:

Hopr you're have a good time, I've never been up in that area

Sue

Hi all-

Dawn is on vacation for the next several weeks... lucky duck!!! She'll be back right before my surgery on Dec 5th.

6 Months and 2/3 of the way to my goal...Yippee for me!!!

RiahG...

If you're at all like me your just ready to get on with it at this point. You'll be in my prayers.

Sue

Sue - you're so right. I think that I have too much time to analyze things. Time to get it done and get to work!!!

:) Dr. Srikanth is my surgeon and he prescribed a whole bunch of stuff for after surgery (prevacid, anti-nausea suppositories, potassium powder, pain meds, etc). I went to pick up the meds from the pharm today and they said that one of the meds he called in is not covered by insurance. It is called Chromagen Forte and it is an Iron enriched Vitamin. It costs $140!!! I am freaking out because that is only a monthly dose. I am also confused because I thought that is why we are supposed to be taking the childrens chewables and all that.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am planning on calling the office on Monday but I have the whole weekend to obsess about it and was curious if anyone else has gone through this particular situation. Thanks guys.... almost there!!! Dec 5th is just around the corner.

RiahG...

Oh doesn't use the Rx Iron, unless you are anemic. Most of the children's Vitamins don't have iron, as they shouldn't, because the iron needs to be taken separately from other vitamins. Iron should be taken with Vitamin C, and never with calcium...they bind together and become un-absorbable. I don't know why you would need a Rx strength iron, unless you are anemic. I take chewable iron and Vitamin C together (at a different time than my other vitamins and calcium).

Sue

Riahg- i have dr srikanth and I did not have to take that prescription-i would call to see if there is some alternative or maybe a reason for that particular prescription-I had the others-never touched the anti-nauea suppositories-they are still sitting in the fridge-also the prevacid solutab was not covered by my insurance-I paid over $200 and to be honest I have over half of them left over!!

Thanks Guys! I am feeling a lot better about that -- I will call them in the morning. Today is the first day of my liquid diet and I don't really want to get out of my bed because I am scared to face the world!!! :( I know I will be fine, but today I am hiding out.

RiahG...

Get Busy...don't give yourself too much time to think. Remember, the first couple days are the hardest, and it does get better. Find things to do to keep your mind occupied! I know it's not easy, but you'll do great!

Hey everyone! Made it through all our traveling and Thanksgiving and ended up losing a few more pounds. There was NOTHING on the plane I could eat. They only had sandwiches and chips.....argh...I just drank Tomato juice, which is sooooo good for us! For Thanksgiving I had a little bit of turkey sloshed in gravy so it would go down and some potatoes the same way. The homemade fudge went down way too easily.....had to make myself step away from it! LOL!

I cancelled my appointment yesterday for another fill with Dr. OH. I am still so freaking tight. I'm finally at the point I can drink without too much problem, but I've been so tight the last couple of months that I PB on everything. I"m going to wait until after Christmas for another fill.

My friend, Rachel had her surgery last Wednesday. She's doing well. Hardly any port pain.....(the beeee-otch)...LOL I'm going over there tomorrow to help her get on our board here.

Have a nice day! Let me know if anyone wants to walk the mall or something.

Mer

Mer...

Doesn't sound like you need a fill at all, good grief girl, you've got to eat!

I enjoyed Thanksgiving too, though I have to say I think I tasted everything. I did drop a couple pounds, which helps me believe that I can make it through Christmas (and my Birthday, New Years and a Cruise...Yikes!)

Glad to hear Rachel is doing well, look forward to hearing from her!

WE NEED TO WALK!!!

Sue