Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Wenjea,

Yippee for you! My insurance excluded lap band too....so I went out and got a loan. Nothing was going to stop me and I'm glad you aren't going to let anything stop you, either! Go for it, girl!

Merrillee

Thanks everyone for your support. I got my 1st fill on Monday seems to be going good.

Wenjea it should be soon, I was self pay w/ Dr. Oh and they did surgery on me in less then a month from my 1st appt.

Good Luck to everyone! Is there anyone near Cle Elum out there?

We always stop at the Cle Elum bakery for their cinnamon nut bread everytime we go to Eastern Washington, it might not be so fun for me anymore after the lap band. Do you drive all the way to Federal Way to see Dr Oh? Wow, you are committed!

Do you notice a big difference now with your first fill?

Merrillee - you said something about being at Dr. Ohs on the 30th. Are you there around 10am? Should I just ask everyone in the waiting room if they are singandsew? It would be fun to meet you in person.

The people in Cle Elum are sooo nice. We had a trailer wheel lock up last year coming over the pass on our boat trailer and we pulled into a gas station that sent us down to a car repair shop by the train tracks at the west side of town. They stopped everything they were doing, pulled off the wheel, unlocked the break, repacked it and got us back on the road in two hours. On a Saturday!

I got to talking to the guys there and found out they were avid fly fishermen and one of them had a house on the river. By the end of the two hours they had invited my husband to come over and fish with them off the deck of his house. Nice people! Can't remember his name though.

nbjen - It's almost here! I bet you are geting excited! How is the pre-surgery diet going? is this day one? Somehow I think this will be the toughest 10 days but then what do I know . . . let me know how it is going for you.

singandsew - thanks for the info on the Vitalady, I will definately look her up. I did my walk yesterday and am making my friend go with me today. she is about two weeks behind me in the process.

Angelnurse - we are on the west side of the lake pass the Entree Gallery. Are you familiar with that area? My husbands grandfather built the cabin and it hasn't changed much at all since then except now we have a bathroom instead of an outhouse. Yea!

Hi Everyone,

I'm on day 3 of my liquid diet, going pretty good. I really wanted a Breakfast jack yesterday and was not going to eat the bun but I didn't... I would love some chicken or some real food! But I'm in this for the long haul and for about the next month this is how I'll be eating... Maybe being a self pay makes you stick to it better ;) Good luck everyone.. I live kind of close to Cle Elum in North Bend, I love the mountains!

Singandsew-No I don't know the Mills, but I'm sure I've seen them.

Wenjea-Yes people around here are pretty nice, I have heard good things about the shop you went to never been there myself ( I love it here )

Nbjen- Who is your dr.? Maybe we can start a support group for people close to us to meet 1 or 2 times a month. I have one friend that got the band almost 2 years ago and sometimes i feel like I bug her taking to much about my band.(she would never say that) So it would be nice to have more people to talk to in person about this.

North Bend has the mountains, outlets, and the beautiful falls . . . . but high gas prices! Trying to get everyone coming and going over the mountains who desperatly need gas. I think it would be great to do a support group at least once a month, I'm game. We just need to figure out what is half way in between . . .maybe the Auburn mall. I'm in Lakewood and I think we have a North Bend and a Gig Harbor. Anyone else?

nbjen - I think the liquid diet before the band would be the hardest because you haven't had surgery yet. I think I am a couple of weeks from that. . . hopefully soon.

guess what guys?! I got a surgery date!! 5/17. It's Clear Liquids starting the 3rd. Boy I am going to need help on that one!

nbjen - since you will just have finished with your two weeks post op about the time I start mine then you will have to share all your wisdom and ideas of what I can have.

I think it is great that we are all following each other through the process. I'm thinking right now that I need to go eat all my favorite foods in the next two weeks. Is that sick or what.

On the positive side . . . . I have walked for four days straight! Doesn't sound like much but for me it is. I have walked between 35 - 50 minutes each time. I really want to make exercise something I crave as much as I did food. Hey maybe we can meet bi-monthly at the Auburn mall for a walk around, jamba juice, and support. What do you think? Maybe nbjen can show us all how to put those cute little ticker bars on our replys . . .I havn't a clue.

I figured out how to add a picture by my name but that is about it. I'm so computer dumb . . . I need my kids to show me how.