Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

I'm home and banded after nearly a year long process. Went into hospital yesterday at 8am surgery around 11am. In my own room at 2PM. And released from hospital at 8PM. It sure feels good to be in my own home. Am having some pain not as bad as thought and walking huntched over. Don't think I have much if any of that gas pain people talk about. I will be glad when I am able to move around more and feel back to normal.

And lot of stress relieved. my father was released from hospital yesterday and is home and getting better.

Hi, Shell. I used to put some instant mashed potato flakes into my broth to give it a little body and let me pretend I was actually eating something. You might try that when you get to mushies.

OK...I need to vent!

I feel like crud, and there seems to be no place to "hide". I was rear-ended last week, and there is problems with every aspect of it all. Don't know yet if the other driver was insured, yes he is, not he's not...just give me an answer! Hassles over the salvage value of my car (totaled), and who do we deal with for that and the rental car, because the other driver's insurance won't accept liability until they contact the vehicle owner (she was not the driver and she's refusing to respond to the insurance co.). I want to go curl up in a ball, but I'm the only one in my office this week, so there are some major things that need attention. If I take the muscle relaxer I want to curl in a ball and sleep...too fuzzy to realy think straight, if I don't my back/neck are so tight & painful I can't think straight. If I go home then I have to deal with no Water at my house (water main broke last night for the 2nd time in 1 month). There's more...so much more, but I can't fo on forever!

OK...I've vented now! Thanks for listening! Now if I could just decide whether to scream or cry...maybe I'll do both!!!

Sue

PS...I'm so glad I loosened my band a couple weeks ago, I think the stress & the overtight band would have put me over the edge! Though I'm sure I'm going to gain a few...can't exercise and no matter how hard I try I still want to eat my way through the stress. Dark chocolate covered almonds are good for you ...right!?!

Hi, I'm over 3 years out from my surgery and I'm down 165 Lbs. Best decision I ever made. Now I'm the patient coordinator for Puget Sound Surgical Center, visit our web site and give me a call. We are in Edmonds and Bellingham. Would love to talk to you about your options................... Kairn

Karin...

So great to hear some long-term sucess...that's where we all want to be. Would you share a little about your journey...settiing goals, did you get there, how long did it take, what's "maintenance" like?

I'm really happy with my decision too, never thought I'd be this HEALTHY again. I'm stuck here with about 15 lbs to go to goal (Healthy on the charts), though weight is not my primary concern. My health is improved and I feel like I'm living now (except for the pain in my neck...described in my ranting above). Did you see much weight loss after 18 months? I feel like I can maintain where I am, but would still like to loose some 15-20 (I guess that makes me a normal, most everyone I know wants to loose 15-20!!!)

Sue

Hi Sue,

At 18 months I was down about 120 lbs, 40 to go to reach my original goal. I was very happy with the 120 and stayed there for the next year...... Then I went to work for my surgeons and decided I was going to take off the rest. I had a small fill to really kick start the process, but I really had to look at how I'd slipped back to my bad habits, not eating Breakfast, not getting enough Protein and making high calorie choices. I went back to the nutrition basics I was taught in my aftercare program and was able to take off the last 40lbs over the next 4 months. I decided to experiment and see if my lifestyle and behavior changes where enough and had the fill removed, didn't do so well. I put 10 lbs. on in a month, the fill is back, and I've taken it off, but I was dissapointed the experiment failed.......... I will forever and always be a Morbidly Obese Women, I haven't found a cure for my disease, I have found a treatment............... I also know I never would have gone from 310 lbs to 150 without excercising. you have to find a routine that works for you and stick with it, it makes all the difference.

Working at a weight Loss Center I speak with patients every day. Patients that think the Band is going to give them a fix to the problem don't seem to fair as well as the ones that recognize the band is tool, we still have to diet and excerse to reach our goals. Stay the course, it works......

At 18 months I was down about 120 lbs, 40 to go to reach my original goal. I was very happy with the 120 and stayed there for the next year...... Then I went to work for my surgeons and decided I was going to take off the rest. I had a small fill to really kick start the process, but I really had to look at how I'd slipped back to my bad habits, not eating breakfast, not getting enough Protein and making high calorie choices. I went back to the nutrition basics I was taught in my aftercare program and was able to take off the last 40lbs over the next 4 months. I decided to experiment and see if my lifestyle and behavior changes where enough and had the fill removed, didn't do so well. I put 10 lbs. on in a month, the fill is back, and I've taken it off, but I was dissapointed the experiment failed.......... I will forever and always be a Morbidly Obese Women, I haven't found a cure for my disease, I have found a treatment............... I also know I never would have gone from 310 lbs to 150 without excercising. you have to find a routine that works for you and stick with it, it makes all the difference.

Working at a weight Loss Center I speak with patients every day. Patients that think the Band is going to give them a fix to the problem don't seem to fair as well as the ones that recognize the band is tool, we still have to diet and excercise to reach our goals. Stay the course, it works......

Yep... like once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

I had my 5th fill last month. I'm a little uncomfortable every time I eat... sometimes more than a little. But I don't think I need an unfill, I just need to quit eating as soon as I feel that "full" feeling and stop trying to stuff in just a few more bites, sometimes (I think) to please my DH who prepared the food! Which is really stupid because he's happier if I quit with food still on the plate. Then I sit here popping Papaya tablets until the misery passes.

39_10_5.gif

I had a partial unfill a few weeks ago, I was suddenly so tight I was PBing Water (my last fill was in November). I've got a EDG next week to check for a slip, but I'm doing fine now, so I don't think a slip is the problem. I unfilled from 3.3 to 2.8, and I'm feeling NO restriction...I can totally relate to the food adiction. I NEED my band back! I'm really fighting to not gain (I'm not winning this battle). I'll be able to fill again in a couple weeks, I want my "sweet spot" back. I admit I can't do it on my own, I too will always be an obese person on my own...thank God I'm not on my own!

It's encouraging to hear that you can jump back in, My plan is to really hit it again in the fall, after my fill, work off that last 15 (actually it's 20 now). It sure is wonderful to be able to adjust the band, it's a life-long tool. I think this is the really huge advantage of the band over by-pass, you can get what you need, when you need it...for LIFE!

Sue

hey gal, glad you are over the hump and on your way downwards.. I am home from my 5 week vacation..had a blast and still was able to stay on program.. yahoo

Carol-WA

gotta update my ticker..carol

welcome back carol . are you enjoying this hot hot weather? question. is it normal not to loose any weight on mushie stage? my weight loss has stalled since off of liquids.< /p>

are you doing the 600 cal/60 Protein? you should be losing..are you bound up? that could be a factor..hugs Carol

fleminld...

You are experiencing exactly what I & my freind went through (and everyone I've talked to). If I go under 1000 calories my body goes into starvation mode, I can eat 400 calories and won't loos an ounce. The body is amazing and will protect itself from famine. In my experience you have to eat more to loose. Your metabolism slows down to match the severly low calory intake. When you get your calories up (and exercise) you will most likely find that you will kick in your metabolism and start loosing big-time. Don't worry, what you're going through is frustrating, but sounds perfectly normal to me. The good news is that you get to eat more soon. Make certain that you make good food choices when the time comes...protien first, then veggies, I'm sure you will see great results soon! :wink2:

Hang in there!

Sue

sue

I get to start real food gradually wed. I am trying to be paciet. I am eating prob a cup of food or 1/2 cup at a time now of mushies and I start feeling hungry some after 2-3 hrs. hopefully when I can eat reg food it will get better.