Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey babies!!!!! Haven't posted for a while, but thought I'd remind everyone that we have a WLS Support Group that meets in Gig Harbor on Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at Borders books, upstairs in the cafe. Everyone is welcome, no matter what surgery or stage they are in...pre or post op. Address is 4601 Point Fosdick Dr. NW Gig Harbor, WA 98335

For info call 253-265-2276

Merrillee

Is it every thursday that you meet in gig harbor, or just certain one each month. Carol and I wanted to attend in August.

This is my first post. I've been a lurker here, reading posts and gathering information. I've done all the research, attended support group meetings, and am about to take the leap. My wife and I have scheduled surgery on August 13th with Dr. Kuri in Tijuana. The arline tickets have been bought, the deposit checks sent; we're committed. It's less than a week before we start the liver shrinking diet, so we're trying to get all of our favorite 'last meals' in before that.

I'm not nervous yet, but I'm sure that will change once we get to the hospital. The biggest challenge I see right now is figuring how to eat after the surgery when we can eat solid food again. It makes me nervous.

I've started a blog to write about my progress which can be seen at KitsapMan.

Hi Kitsap,

I am from the Auburn area and I am having surgery on Sept.23,2008 let's keep each other company on our progress maybe we can swap tips and such. Thanks and good luck to you guys

Cindy

Cindysue have you attened any of the GHC meetings? I go to the federal way ones. Have you gone to the orientation meeting yet? I was at the one in beginning of July.

Hi all,

I would like to attend meetings but can't do it on Thursdays. Are there meeting days in Kitsap county other than the Thursday ones in Gig Harbor??

Hi Kitsap,

I am from the Auburn area and I am having surgery on Sept.23,2008 let's keep each other company on our progress maybe we can swap tips and such. Thanks and good luck to you guys

Cindy

Hi Cindy, thanks for your support, and good luck to you too! I'd be happy to update you on our progress and swap tips.

Hi all,

I would like to attend meetings but can't do it on Thursdays. Are there meeting days in Kitsap county other than the Thursday ones in Gig Harbor??

Hi Shome,

I go to a support group in Poulsbo, but it also meets the third Thursday of the month. There's a goup that meets at Harrison Hospital in Bremeton on the third Tuesday at 7:00pm, but I don't have a contact for that group. I'm trying to put together a list of groups in Kitsap County, and am starting a Yahoo group for that.

Hi all,

There is a Port Orchard group that meets, I believe, on the third Wednesday--not sure if it is monthly or bimonthly. It is coordinated with the visits of Fill Management Northwest, at Le Garmache catering in downtown Port Orchard. Check with either Fill Management NW or the caterers, as they are bandsters.

Northwest Fill Management providing affordable lap-band fills for weight loss surgery patients.

Welcome, Kitsapman. My husband and I are from Gig Harbor originally and were banded the same day, and it has worked very well for us. My daughter is banded too, and lives near Key Center.

Well these last two weeks seem to be going by slowly. I guess it is a week and a half now. I have never been a very pacient person so this waiting is driving me nuts. I have gotten everything I need to have at home for after the surgery excluding the prescribed meds. I will get those in a couple days. My coming up weekend I will be cleaning my house and making sure everything is in order. (I live alone so don't want to worring about doing any major cleaning when I get home or for a couple weeks ). I'm starting to worry some about the pain ill be in afterwards. Also never like the idea of being spread out naked on a table in front of a room of people, medical staff or not. I just hope the knock me out as soon as I get on the table like they did for my ankle surgery. I am looking forward to finally loosing and keeping the weight off for good.

How has everyone been doing?

Edited by fleminld

Well, after weeks of PB and slime (even on Water at times) I had a partial unfill (from 3.3 to 2.8) on Friday. Instant relief!!! I was sliming on water on my way in and guzzling on my way out. Doc insisted on a EGD, because there is no explanation why I suddenly became so tight...I havn't had a fill since November. We're hoping it's not a slip, we'll see on August 20th.

Good news is I can eat...bad news is I can eat! I've got some really bad habits to break now (carbs, sugar and fats...that was all that really wanted to go down). Time to show myself that I can maintain. I'm feeling no real restriction, though I do fill up on 1 cup of food, so I know the band is doing something. I've got 6 weeks before I can get a fill, so it's time for some self-control.

Sue

Sue - you look phenomenol!! Your new picture is fantastic. Love the new hair cut. I'm praying that you haven't slipped. From what I hear that's usually pretty painful - have you been having a lot of pain?

I just went and got another fill. Haven't had one since March. Hoping that this will "jump start" me again. I basically haven't lost any weight since April. I've actually gained 5 pounds - very depressing. My body seems to want to stay at a weight that I was at for many years. Just started doing the Biggest Loser DVD - hoping to give my metabolism a kick. They say the same type of exercise over and over can stop having results.

Dawn

Hey Dawn...so good to hear from you!

Thanks on the Pic...been many years since I've had a pic of myself that I would even look at.

I'm feeling really good now that my band has been loosened...makes me quite wure that I was just tight, not slipped. Just so strange that it happened on it's own, unrelated to a fill. Actually, I'm feeling too good, I can eat anything! I'm definitely going to have to get re-filled when I can. Really proves that I will always be a food adict, and the band was really the right choice for me, I need that life-long tool!

Congrats on your fresh start! I'm a firm beliver in changing things up from time to time. I think we have to keep our bodies guessing in both diet and exercise. Our bodies are really good at homeostasis (sp?)

Did you hear that Laura has resigned :biggrin: I don't know they've hired, so we'll have to wait to see who's running the St Joes SG. Hope you can make it out soon, Love to see you. Come out to Merillee's group on Thursday, I pop out there occasionally, I'll be going this week :smile:

Sue

Its the day before my surgery. I am on my day of liquids only. I am sure glad i didnt have to do this for 2 weeks prior to surgery and that I only have to do it for one week after surgery. I am having that head hunger. Know it is that, for I had been doing 2 shakes for meals prior and wasnt hungry like this. Granted then I was blending a banana in w/them, which really helps. Will be going to the grocery store now to get more yogurt and a big thing of cream Soup to drink to see if that helps curb my appitite.

Hi All...thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself to some local people. I was banded on 7/23 by Dr. Aceves in Mexico. I'm healing well and doing my diet pretty well, though I do fight head hunger and physical hunger at times. I'm in the full liquid stage until next Monday when I can start mushies...I confess that today I had a serving of cream of wheat because I wanted to not be hungry for a longer time, and because I'm so tired of what I've been eating...I mean slurping...*sigh* Doing that made me feel bad, so I will stick to dr.'s orders and wait 'til next Monday before having any more cream of wheat.

Anyways, I realize that I'm starting to ramble...just wanted to jump in and say Hi!:)