Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Maggie...

Everybody stalls from time 2 time. Sit back and take serious look, maybe chart your calory intake for a few days. Are you following the "rules", are you keeping the protien up and carbs down, are you EXERCISING. If you find that there are ways to kmprove, make those changes, if you feel your doing/eating pretty much what you should then change it up. Make sure you are eating enough (avoid starvation mode) and change your exercise routine. If you find that your really struggling with the food/hunger part then it probably is time for a fill.

Remember...we all stall at times, it's to be expected. Your body is probably just re-adjusting. I find that when I stall I'm often still lossing inches, measure yourself again...that might give you the inspiration to move on.

Hang in there, you're doing great!

Sue

Is anyone being banded at the U of W? I see NWWLS and other area hospitals posted a lot, but never U of W. I'm scheduled there in May. Just curious.

Hi EricaLyn

I'm having my surgery at U of W I had an appointment to tak to the surgeon in April now I have to wait until July for my test and to talk to Social Work and Nutristionist going slow but going. At what point are you in for surgery date?

Carol

Maggie what calorie and Protein limit did your doctor give you? If you are still not losing and feel hungry you just may need a fill..but your doctor is the best judge of that..good luck, Carol-WA

I am getting ready to leave for the airport in 20 min. and tomorrow my surgery is scheduled. I am anxious, but not really nervous. I will be glad when its done, and I can start my way to getting healthier.

Hi EricaLyn

I'm having my surgery at U of W I had an appointment to tak to the surgeon in April now I have to wait until July for my test and to talk to Social Work and Nutristionist going slow but going. At what point are you in for surgery date?

Carol

My surgery is on May 13th. Who is your doctor? Mine is Dr. Wright. Have you attended the free seminar yet? My process was a bit slow too. They seem to be very busy. Very nice, but very busy. I made sure I called them often and stayed fresh in their minds. =)

good luck to you both. hope you sail thru your surgeries like I did mine..Carol-WA

I added photos to my album hope they went in ok..Carol WA

oh well back to the drawing board...maybe Lisa will have to come help me again..lol

Just a reminder that the weekly Gig Harbor WLS support group meets Thursday nites from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at Borders books. This week's topic? How about BODY IMAGE! 4601 Point Fosdick Dr, NW Gig Harbor, WA 98335 For more info call 253-265-2276

Burlington, WA! Right across the river. I am scheduled for surgery in France (only $8000!) in October. Glad to hear from someone local!

Jessie

Wow, does that work out financially with the airplane ticket? You are the first person I have heard of doing it in Europe, so I am curious. Enjoy your stay, I was in France 23 years ago, and would love to go back!

hi i am kate from seattle and was banded in mexico yesterday and will return home mon. my discomfort is from a giant belly full of air. any suggestions? what do you take for minor pain? thanks a million.

I took the melt away gas x thin strips, that was misserable...hopefully you can find some in the pharmacia down there :cursing:

carol , sorry missed the meeting, to many 12hr shifts this week. I slept threw the alarm

Edited by fleminld

sorry you missed it too..great info tonight..Carol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • alisasings

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
    • Elnaz

Losing weight is my dream
      · 0 replies
    • OhMyGawdItzKla

I joined yesterday when I was struggling with this preop diet... 
      It typically comes and goes, the hard times and easier times. I'm on day 6 of 14  shakes, water, sf Popsicles and jello. And I might actually be losing my mind. But, oh dear lord has the fear set in. Not about the surgery itself, but life afterwards. If I feel this crappy on the preop diet, am I going to feel like this forever after? 
      I know most of the answers are no, not forever. It might be worse after for a while, then get better. I know it's a more of a mental challenge than physical after the first couple weeks of healing. I get all of that. But I'm starting to feel scared about losing myself afterwards. 
      It might be my hormones or desire to chew something salty talking.. It may go away soon or tomorrow.. I can hope, anyway. But right now.. The fear is real. 

And this liquid diet can bite me. 
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Fear is normal, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm 4.5 months post-op and the pre-op diet was by far the hardest part of the whole process. There will be challenges and a lot of new things to learn, but I can honestly say at this point I feel so much more "back to normal" and was even able to go on a week-long vacation with my kids without stressing over it. It's so worthwhile.

2. OhMyGawdItzKla

@NickelChip This actually does make me feel better! Thank you so much! After the onslaught of Covid, we've all had to deal with a "new normal", so I know it's possible. It's just the fear and frustration in this moment that makes me question if I can find another "new normal" afterwards. The thought of just a few more months seems daunting some times, but I really do appreciate input and real experience. I'll use that to get me through for a few more hours! LOL. Thank you so much! And I'm glad everything is going so well for you! ❤️

• mamabear30106

I started my 10 day pre op diet yesterday I need flavor!! I'm not big on the chocolate protein shakes so I just got to use up what I have was thinking about freezing it to make it like a ice cream so its something I can chew a little. Idk this is hard but I know I can do it just need to find new things to try 
      · 1 reply
      1. JennyBeez

You can try. I've read other people have had good results with protein-shake popsicles, etc. My personal experience with it? Sucked.

I tried making 'fudgesicles' with a couple different flavors of a premade shake, as well as a protein powder I blended myself and all of them came out revolting? The powder ones, all the protein sunk to the middle; the premade shakes, the popsicle had a disgusting texture and the protein seemed to leave a weird fluffy film on the outside? I couldn't stomach it.

Maybe look into flavoring additives? I was able to have sugar-free coffee /soda syrup flavorings, sugar-free drink flavorings and baking additives like almond, rum or pepperment extract. The extracts helped me the most as they added no extra sweetener.

On the other hand, if you can get your hands on an unflavored/unsweetened protein powder, the syrup flavorings are perfect. I love to use Boost "Just Protein" (which is unflavored) with milk and a Chai-flavored sugarfree syrup.

Good luck!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches