Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Mer...

That'ss the exact surgery I would be concidering...lower body & boobs...are you kidding!?! $25,000!?!?!!? That's not going to happen.

Oh well...I guess I will just droop. let me know if you get any more info.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Honestly, I think I must have picked the MOST expensive PS in Bellevue. He has commercials on TV and is recommended by KOMO4 TV......Crazy money!

Look around and ask friends who they've used for surgery. My daughter had a breast reduction and a neck Lipo with Dr. Kierney in Puyallup. He did a decent job. Insurance paid for her reduction, but the lipo was $1700. Don't know what his other prices are.

Mer

I sure hope I can find someone more reasonable, I dno't want to go cheap...you get what you pay for, but I don't need a $25,000 body. I'm in my 40's and it pretty much down hill (gravity assisted) from here on out, but I think I could see paying around $10-12K for "improvments". Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear ya know!

Unfortunatly for me, my issues are in the lower body, butt & legs, which seems to be more pricey than if it's just a Tummy Tuck. I guess you "apples" have and advantage over us "pears" in that respect...skinny limbs.

Hi all,

Mer - YIKES! That does seem like alot. Have you checked with Dr. Oh's office to see if they recommend anyone?

Is everyone planning on going to the meeting on Monday? I can't wait. It'll be interesting to see what a PS. has to say. Maybe he'll give us an idea on price.

See you there.

Dawn

Dawn...

The meeting's a week from Monday, on the 18th...right?

I'm planning of going, it sounds really interesting. Have you thought about going to the open house on Tuesday?

Hi all,

I saw Dr. Oh today for a checkup and asked him about a Tummy Tuck. He had me show him my tummy, so I undid my pants and pulled up my hurking big bunch of skin for him and he said......Oh yah! I'll do that tomorrow for you if you want! I said, how about April and he said for sure, and that he will do a really good job for me. YIPPEEEEEE!! I couldn't stay for his nurse to set up the date because there was another appointment I had to get to. So, I expect I will talk to her tomorrow and get it set up then. His fee, including the hospital and everything, is still $9600. I am going to move heaven and earth to get that amount together asap no matter WHAT it takes. This giant gut is horrendous!

Merrillee

ps. I got new bras today and they do a really good job pulling the old girls up.....AND I didn't have to spend thousands on a boob lift! LOL!

Mer...

The bra thing only works cause you've got something to pull-up...you lucky dawg!!! LOL (I'm soooooooooo jealous!)

Can't wait to see you with you new abs!

Sue

Did you get any details from Oh, like how he'll do it, what type of incision, how long in hospital...you proabaly don't have all the details yet.

OK, this is too funny. It's so timely that we've been talking about PS 'cause I have a story from yesterday (if there's any guys our there, sorry, I know this is TMI)

I had my mammo yesterday. The tech opend my gown, took one look at me and said "just a minute, I'll be right back" She left the room, came back in and asked "have you lost alot of weight?" I smiled and said ya, but I knew where she was headed. She said, "I have you down as needing the large size film, but the small will do just fine." How depressing!!! LOL

Though I would not trade it back for the weight, I sure do miss my boobs (DH does too)! LOL Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too! But I guess you can have your boobs and eat cake!!!

Thank God for padded Bras!!!

A very "deflated" Sue

Hello friends,

It is beginning to look like my main choice will be Virginia Mason. Can anyone relate their experiences with the Virginia Mason LapBand surgeons and the follow-up care?

Thanks,

Chuck Howerton

Hi Folks,

Believe it or not, I read almost all of the 78 pages of this forum.:angry: Somewhere in there I ran across some costco products that have been useful bothe pre-op and post op. My first concern is with pre-op. Based on what I have read, the Drs at Virginia Mason do not tend to require a pre-op diet (am I wrong about this?). On the other hand, if it is a good idea, then I am willing to do it on my own.

What are the suggested foods/drinks for the pre-op diet that will make my liver less fatty and easier to lift out of the way? Who did what and how did it work?

No scheduled date yet, my PCP has just tracked down Virginia Mason as a place that accepts my insurance, and I have asked previously what your experiences have been with Va Mason. Sooner is better than later :thumbup:

Thanks for your replies in advance

Hello friends,

It is beginning to look like my main choice will be Virginia Mason. Can anyone relate their experiences with the Virginia Mason LapBand surgeons and the follow-up care?

Thanks,

Chuck Howerton

I had my surgery at Virginia Mason in Seattle, Dr. Jeffrey Hunter. All of my appointments, pre-op and post-op have been at their clinic in Federal Way. I live in Everett, so it's a drive, but not that often, so I just deal with it! I like Dr. Hunter a lot. He has a very busy office and his staff can sometimes be a little difficult to deal with. I've found that I just have to be persistent and sometimes not take "no" for an answer. They are very dedicated people, knowledgeable, etc., but BUSY and sometimes that comes across as impersonal.

Hi Folks,

Believe it or not, I read almost all of the 78 pages of this forum.:angry: Somewhere in there I ran across some costco products that have been useful bothe pre-op and post op. My first concern is with pre-op. Based on what I have read, the Drs at Virginia Mason do not tend to require a pre-op diet (am I wrong about this?). On the other hand, if it is a good idea, then I am willing to do it on my own.

What are the suggested foods/drinks for the pre-op diet that will make my liver less fatty and easier to lift out of the way? Who did what and how did it work?

No scheduled date yet, my PCP has just tracked down Virginia Mason as a place that accepts my insurance, and I have asked previously what your experiences have been with Va Mason. Sooner is better than later :thumbup:

Thanks for your replies in advance

Yes, Dr. Hunter told me he wanted me to lose 10% of my body weight prior to surgery. So I put myself on a serious pre-op diet that closely resembles the required post-op diet. I used the Costco EAS Protein mix for Breakfast most mornings. Usually had a salad at lunch time, with a little protein of some kind... tuna, cheese, etc. Dinner... about 4 oz of meat and lots of veggies. I lost 18 lb in about 6 weeks.. which wasn't 10%, but did get my BMI below 60 which made Dr. Hunter happy.

Sue,

That's right the meeting is on the 18th. I think that I might go to the open house on Tuesday (today). Depends on if my mom will watch the kids or not. Its a good way to see the office and the staff without having to pay for a consult. I went to five different seminars before I chose which doctor to go to for the band.

Chuck,

As far as the pre-op diet - Dr. Srikanth and Oh both want their patients to go on a 10 day sugar free clear liquid diet pre-op. It is extreme compared to other doctors but they have fantastic results. both offices have 70% success rates as far as patients losing the weight that they want and keeping it off. I believe (from when I did the research a year ago) that the norm is 50% for other offices. You might want to consider doing it. The first two days are the hardest, you get very hungry, but then it settles down. Good luck with whatever you decide. We're all here to support you with your decision :scared2:.

Dawn