Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Carol...

There are support groups in Federal Way and Tacoma through the franciscan hospitals

Weight loss surgery, gastric bypass support groups - St. Francis Hospital Washington

There are several of us on this talk line that go to the Tacoma meeting (It will now only meet once a month on the 3rd Monday) These meetings are open to anyone, as are the meetings that some of the local doctors have running from thier offices. You can call the Federal Way docs to find out when they meet.

Let me know if you're planning on coming so we can meet.

Sue

:)I couldn't help noticing all the neat rulers that some of you on this list have to show your weight loss. where do you get these?

I will check out the two locations you mentioned for support groups. thanks so much .. Carol

well I guess I didn't look far enough down.. I am having my surgery at Eastside Group Health on Valentines day 2008..they pay for everything. I have had great care with my GHC doctors..and looking forward to get rid of my type II diabetes. the outlook is so encouraging. is there a support group in the Federal Way area? thanks for any help..

:welcomeB: :welcome2:

Hi, Carol!

Congrats on your band date. I had my surgery at Virginia Mason in Seattle and go to Dr. Hunter at the Fed Way clinic. I know they have just started support group meetings there at that facility. They're led by the nurse practitioner, Kat Redman. You could call her and see if they care if you attend even though you're not one of their patients. I think there may be other support group meetings in that area, too. I live in Lake Stevens, so I don't drive way down there for support group. I attend one in Monroe, but it's very small and sometimes no one shows up!! I'm looking for something more active, but right now we're gone for the winter. I'm going to go to a group down in Palm Springs this winter.

Good to have you on this thread. I subscribe to quite a few. As you explore this site, you'll find some that are age specific, BMI specific, threads for folks banded in specific months... you may find one for Feb 2008, or if you start one, well... like they say, "if you build it, they will come"!! :)

Carol...

The tickers are from The Ticker Factory:

Trying To Conceive Ticker

They can be a little tricky to add to the signiture at first, but once you get it going it's really easy to maintain, and it tracks your weight loss.

Speaking of tickers...

If I could just get mine to move one more pound...I'm so close to ONEDERLAND (big time goal for me), but my scale is teasing me (200..201...200...you know the routine). I'm ready to do the ONEDERLAND happy dance!

You guys who weigh once a week (or even month) have so much self control, I'm addicted to my scale! I know it's better to weigh periodically, maybe I've traded my food addiction for a scale addiction! Oh well, better the scale then Reese's PB Cups (my sweet daughter shared her Holloween candy with me, but I'm determined to hit Onederland before I touch any of it!) LOL

I was banded by Dr. Kuri almost 3 years ago. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been a good bandster but I really do want to succeed.

It's been probably 2 years since I've had a fill, and I really feel I need another. I had my first one on a return trip to Mexico and my 2nd one in Shelton maybe 6 months later. About a year later, when I called the Shelton office, they sent me somewhere in Olympia.

All of these fills were done by fluroscopy, although I don't believe I saw an MD for any of them. They were always performed by assistants/nurses; not sure which. I think this was with Dr. Neal's office.

Since it's been a while, I was wondering if any other doctors closer to Seattle provide fluroscopy fills for patients banded in Mexico? Also, are there any doctors that provide other follow-up care such as endoscopies and any other needed services?

I'm in Mukilteo. Thanks.

TJ

ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's offical, no more 2**

I'm sitting here nearly in tears, never thought I'd get here!

This is the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's not just the decision to band, but the decision to commit. I am committed to never be what I was...the best is yet to come!

I was banded by Dr. Kuri almost 3 years ago. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been a good bandster but I really do want to succeed.

It's been probably 2 years since I've had a fill, and I really feel I need another. I had my first one on a return trip to Mexico and my 2nd one in Shelton maybe 6 months later. About a year later, when I called the Shelton office, they sent me somewhere in Olympia.

All of these fills were done by fluroscopy, although I don't believe I saw an MD for any of them. They were always performed by assistants/nurses; not sure which. I think this was with Dr. Neal's office.

Since it's been a while, I was wondering if any other doctors closer to Seattle provide fluroscopy fills for patients banded in Mexico? Also, are there any doctors that provide other follow-up care such as endoscopies and any other needed services?

I'm in Mukilteo. Thanks.

TJ

The gals at Northwest Fills don't use fluro, but I've been very happy with their fills, plus the price is so very reasonable. Great bedside manner too.

Way to go Sue!!! Yippeeeeee!

3pointers - I think that Dr. Neal is the only one in this area that does Fluoro.

Well, I'm at my lowest weight in over 7 years!!!! Yeah me!!! this last fill seems to have been the one for me. It is tight! I gave it a few days though because I didn't want to get an unfill if I really didn't need it. Things are going well.

We're off on our vacation in about 10 days. I'm still pretty nervous about wearing a bathing suit but five months ago I definitely wouldn't have even tried it.

Hope everyones doing well. Riahg - less than a month to go till your in bandland. Yeah!!!

:whoo:

3pointers - I think that Dr. Neal is the only one in this area that does Fluoro.

Dr. Hunter/Virginia Mason/Fed Way now does all his fills using fluoro.

Dr. Hunter/Virginia Mason/Fed Way now does all his fills using fluoro.

Question is...does he do fills for MX patients?

Question is...does he do fills for MX patients?

Probably not! but wouldn't hurt to ask.

(253) 874-1604

Ask for Amy... 2nd choice, Steve.

Carol...

The tickers are from The Ticker Factory:

Trying To Conceive Ticker

They can be a little tricky to add to the signiture at first, but once you get it going it's really easy to maintain, and it tracks your weight loss.

I am trying to get a ticker and it asks me what code I want to copy and paste..help?? what one do I want?

Carol:help: