Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

I had a couple NSV tonight. I want to a class at my church and ran into an old friend (hadn't seen in 15 years). I got a "you look great...haven't changed" if she only knew. I love the idea that I'm back where I was 15 years ago! Oh, and I sat in the meeting and crossed my legs...1st time in 14 years (before my last baby).

Mer - drink a cup of Smooth Move, found in the organic section of the grocery store with the rest of the medicinal tea's. I drink mine just before bed every few days and by the next morning things are moving pretty well.

Hi Wendy.

Thanks for responding! I actually found your earlier post about it after I posted. Sent Jon out to get me some last nite and by this afternoon things were "fine". Thanks so much!

BTW, are you and Sue going to the group on Monday nite at St. Joe's? I'm planning on it. Hope to see you there!!!!!

Merrillee

Yes, I'm planning on going on Monday so hopefully I will see you and I can give you that fabric.

Glad the tea worked. Keep it up for a few days and then start drinking it every other day, then when things are back to regular, drink it when things start to clog. I prefer to drink it at night because sometimes it makes me feel a little bet nauseous . . . which is only slightly better then feeling septic from being stuck but good.

I'm planning on St Joe's on Monday too. Maybe we can meet before. I've only made one meeting in the last couple months and I feel like I need to get in touch.

Emotions are sure all over the board lately. Sometimes I feel fabulous, feel like I really making progress and excited about the future, other times not so much. I struggle with "It takes so long...tired of being hungry...will I make it...will it last...is there a huge plateau around the corner". Dealing with TOM today with a massive headache, and REALLY want to munch. This is just the kind of evening I would have medicated with a bag of chips! I guess I'll go to bed...gggrrrrrrrrrrr (that was my tummy)

It sure helps when you wake up in the AM to find another pound gone. 2 more & I'm 1/2 way. :) I hate those "downer" days, guess those are the days I really need to rely on my friend the band, the internal motivation to walk away from the bag of chips. That's a big difference I'm seeing with the band over many other times I've tried to loose weight. Like 99% of us, getting started on loosing is not the problem, it's sticking with it. I'm confident this is the tool I need to continue eating right, even when the emotions are screaming for a bag of chips.

I had my surgery done by Dr. Brad Watkins at Northwest Weight Loss Surgical Center in Everett two years ago. I was browsing their web site yesterday and noticed all reference to Dr. Watkins has been taken off the site and he is no longer listed as one of the doctors there. Does anyone know if he left and if so, why or where he went? I really like him and am very dissapointed that he may not be there anymore.

:hurt

I have an appointment for a fill with Jesse on the 25th so will find out then I suppose but in the meantime, if anyone has information can you let me know?

Thanks much,

pam

Hi from Raymond, WA (on the washington coast) Was banded on Sept 13th. Would love to keep in touch with others from WA. In just these few days I have really enjoyed and appreciated this site. I chose to keep my surgery quiet so I don't have a lot of friends to lean on yet. My family is supportive though! Good luck to all of you!

Hi from Raymond, WA (on the washington coast) Was banded on Sept 13th. Would love to keep in touch with others from WA. In just these few days I have really enjoyed and appreciated this site. I chose to keep my surgery quiet so I don't have a lot of friends to lean on yet. My family is supportive though! Good luck to all of you!

Welcome!! You'll find lots of support here. Its a great place for learning. Where did you have your surgery?? I had mine at Virginia Mason in Seattle, Dr. Hunter, July 20th.

Hey all, Nice to see a couple new faces here! I'm getting a fill tomorrow, so I'll be on liquids for a couple of days. YUM...I do like my chocolate protein.....Almost out, though, so I'll have to hit Vitalady on the way out. Hope to see a bunch of you all at the St. Joe's meeting tomorrow nite. What time is it, again? Wendy? Sue? I can't remember.

Merrillee

6:45 at St Joes

I'm really looking forward to getting together tomorrow, it really helps me.

Anybody want to walk before group (maybe Ruston or the mall if it's raining)? I am completely unmotivated on my own, I need the distraction of a buddy to gab with, then it's fun...not a chore!