Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Glad to hear how it is going for you. I had my fill on August 16 and I'm feeling a little mixed on my results. The first couple of days, I was down 4 pounds and then everything stalled. My restriction really varies from day to day. Some days I can eat anything and don't feel full, then the next day, everything seems to get "stuck". I'm finally down about .5 but I'm thinking I need to go in for another fill. I've been exercising (not every day, unfortunately) but I'm not doing well getting all the Water down. I really didn't expect to hit a mini-plateau so soon in the fill process. My son goes back to school next week (2nd grade) so maybe I can amp up the exercise then.

It still seems crazy that a significant reduction in calories still can't seem to peel the weight off of me. My metabolism must be broken!!

Cherrybomb - when I have hit a plateau I have found that if I eat more I actually lose again. I think it has something to do with making your body think that you aren't starving it anymore. I have found a sweet spot after my second fill and the weight seems to be coming off again. I have 2.7cc in my band now. It's tight in the morning and a little loser in the evening but I am very restricted on the amount I can eat. I only got one slice of pizza down and I was filled up last night. About an hour later though I managed some birthday cake and Ice-cream, no problem.

Hey Cherrybomb!

I spoke with Jessie at NWWLS after I went for an additional fill. I sure am glad we have 13 months of fills included. I have not hesitated to seek advice and help in that department! She thought maybe I had stalled because I was not getting all my Water and then the fact that I was getting too many calories. Seems the bran muffin I have been having 2 times a week has about 500 calories. Gads. I have now cut those out. Also I was getting a bit carried away with the creamy sauce and having the chicken or burger patties out. So I packed my chicken salad today and just got the garden salad from the cafe up the street. I added apples to it and a bit of dressing. It was good. Then I had a secret shopper night at Applebees and I only had 1/3 of my chicken entree. I have been doing much better. I have an AP band (10cc) and have 6cc of fill in it now. I know it is tighter but I can still take my (2) 50mg zoloft. I have a whole bottle of the 100mg and can't stand the bitter taste of splitting them. Ugh. But I have to really watch drinking too soon after I eat. It is slowly becoming a less painful lesson. 32 ponds gone and counting!:rolleyes:

Grats on the weightloss! Maybe I should contact NWWLS and see if they think I need a fill. Last night for dinner I had one tiny, thin, chicken breast, peas and a piece of Texas toast (which hasn't bothered me). By the last bite of the toast, I had major pain and sliming - though I didn't PB. It passed after 10 minutes or so. I'm not sure if that indicates that I have good restriction or not. I contrast this with a couple of nights ago when I could eat a whole 6 inch Subway wrap with no problem and no feeling of overfull. I still haven't gotten the hang of what constitutes appropriate portions for me because every day is different.

Keep us posted on your progress, Pinenut!

Cherrybomb - when I have hit a plateau I have found that if I eat more I actually lose again. I think it has something to do with making your body think that you aren't starving it anymore. I have found a sweet spot after my second fill and the weight seems to be coming off again. I have 2.7cc in my band now. It's tight in the morning and a little loser in the evening but I am very restricted on the amount I can eat. I only got one slice of pizza down and I was filled up last night. About an hour later though I managed some birthday cake and Ice-cream, no problem.

Wenjea, how many calories do you think you are taking in when you are losing?

Cherrybomb - I have no idea because I don't keep track. I am just making a choice to eat healthy with a little bit of sugar if it's a special occasion. I have lost very quickly this week and I'm not sure if it is because I have the right fill amount or if it because of this new tea I have been drinking. I was trying to solve a Constipation problem and was taking Colace but it wasn't helping. My daughter-in-law told me that her mom has the same problem and drinks a tea called 'Smooth Move' from the organic section of the grocery store every night before bed. I have done that this week and every morning I pee my brains out and have a regular BM. For those of you who already have the opposite problem I wouldn't try it. I was so backed up I was feeling septic inside. I feel so much better now. I try to drink a lot of Water during the day though so I don't get to dehydrated.

Yea me! I'm finally on the downhill side of my ticker!!! I met my first goal of losing half of my total and in 5 more pounds I will reach my second goal which is to weigh less then my husband. I can't remember how long it's been since I weighed less then him. . . .

Wendy...Can't believe how fast you're flying...so cool!

My scale is full of 2's EVERY morning, I hate these plateaus, even the little ones :rolleyes:

Hi

I'm scheduled 9/19 at NWWLSC. I started my own "pre-op" diet on 8/1. I've lost 15lbs. 800 calories a day. I'm averaging about 880 calories per day for two weeks.

I am a tad bit tired--but have been doing really well.

Darr

Hi all,

I'm really working hard this week to get past this darn plateau! Going to walk every single freakin' day....and I'm doing as the nutritionist said and am eating actual food 1200-1500 calories. I REALLY want to get under 200 this week! SO anyone want to walk with me, give me a call (253)439-8255. I have an interview tomorrow am, but after that I'm freeeeeeee.

Merrillee

Merrillee - I am walking every morning on Grandview at 7:45am, after I drop the girls off to school. It is the best time for me to get it done and over with. I forgot to weigh myself today! can you believe it! I can't believe you are almost in wonderland!

We got a new puppy yesterday for my husband, a manly dog, unlike puddin. I was a t a coat fitting yesterday and the head sewer gave me a bag of material that she had been saving for you. I didn't have the heart to tell her that you weren't doing dog clothes anymore. If you are going to be at the support group on Monday I will give it to you. You can still make some cute coats for your and my dogs out of it!

Hey Sue,

I'll still take the fabric....I'm still doing some dog stuff...and baby stuff. I have a new site. Storybook Baby - Home Page Can't keep from designing.....It must be my destiny...

IS there a meeting on Monday? We all want to know.

I've lost a pound in the last two days since eating real food! YIPPEE. ONEderland, here I come!

Merrillee

Mer...

You're so close, I'm so happy for you! I had gotten to a point that I never thought I'd see 199, but I know I will...You're just around the corner!

As far as I know there is a meeting on Monday. Mer, you didn;t hear anything about it being cancelled did you? We can sho up and if there isn't anyone else there we can do our own meeting or go walking. We could call too, but that's no fun!