Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

On the pre-ride forms they ask the question "Do you weigh more than 240#" I got to check the "NO" box!!!!!!!! I was smiling so big, practically giggling...but no one knew why.
I live for that day! We own a horse! I can't ride until I'm "small" enough for him (he's an Arab Gelding).

I can't wait!

Darr

dawneb...

Onederland...WOW...you're almost there!!!

I'm scared to even set a onederland goal, it feels like things move so slow. I'm averaging just a smidge over 2# a week which is right about where I should be, just seems so slow. It's good to look back once in a while, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. I was pleased that I lost 2# this last week on vacation, I was quite nervous as I ususally gain.

Ok, I'm really bummed out,

I was supposed to have my first fill this Thursday with Dr. Srikanth and his office called and had to re-schedule it for next week. I kind of feel like "how can they do this to me"? I understand abouting rescheduling - I work for a surgeon so I know things come up. I guess now I'm seeing how the patient's feel. Still, I feel like I've waited sooooooo long, and I'm starting to pick at little things I shouldn't (food). Probably because I'm so hungry!!!!!

Oh well, more time for my tummy to heal I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Stay strong, Dawn! You are doing great... I know you can make it. I can't even imagine what you are going through but you have been doing so good that I am sure that Dr. S will barely recognize you!

I start my diet tomorrow - NOT FUN. Not anywhere what you are having to go through, but a lot of counting grams and making sure I am getting the right amounts of all the nutrients. Basically, a pain in the butt. But it will all be worth it and will be good practice for when I have to kick things up a notch before surgery. I made the sobering realization that I have to record every single thing that I eat (and all the lovely exercise that I have to do) for the next three months!!!:car:

Still feeling a bit stressed about all this required stuff for the insurance. I am praying that it's not all in vain. I know that it is good knowledge and tools to have but I am overwhelmed most days. Can't wait to know (either way) if the surgery will be approved.

Been keeping you in my prayers... *hug*

RiahG...

Insurance is a pain!!! I had a "yes" from mine, then after did all the pre-op testing they decided it was excluded...wanted to cry, scream, etc... I ended up self pay. For me the financial commitment has made me more resolute to make this work. You may have a financial commitment or a time and effort commitment (pre-op diets and hoops to jump through for insurance), just look at them as motivation to make it work. It's all hard work, there's no easy way out of what we've done to ourselves. It will be worth it all, I'm starting to notice that I can walk into a room and notice that I'm usually NOT the biggest one in the room. :car:

Hang in there, you CAN do this!!!

Dawneb...

I understand your frustration. I tried to move up my fill (2nd one on Aug 13th) but my Doc is booked until September. I feel no real restriction and am hungry and hour after I eat. Will Power!!! I've almost made it a game to see how loud I can get my tummy to rumble before meals...LOL

Riah:

I start my diet tomorrow - NOT FUN. Not anywhere what you are having to go through, but a lot of counting grams and making sure I am getting the right amounts of all the nutrients. Basically, a pain in the butt. But it will all be worth it and will be good practice for when I have to kick things up a notch before surgery. I made the sobering realization that I have to record every single thing that I eat (and all the lovely exercise that I have to do) for the next three months!!![img=http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif]

Some of us like to use FitDay.com to track our intake, weight, exercise, etc. Its easy to use. I purchased the software so I don't have to be online to use it.

RiahG

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. It really helps!!! I'm doing OK again. Now that I've gotten it into my head that I have to wait another week it's not so bad. It's amazing how much our heads have to do with eating - kind of scary!!!

I'm glad that you've got everything scheduled now with all the stuff that you have to do for your insurance. What a pain but it will be soooooo worth it in the long run. Plus, you'll already have great eating habits for after surgery when you're back on solids.

You're always in my prayers - I just know that this will work out for you!

See you soon,:car:

hi everyone, I'm home from vacation for a day and then back to the sun and fun for two more weeks! I got on line so I could update my ticker and check in with you all. To my surprise I actually lost weight while on vacation!! Like Sue, I get my second fill on the 13th. I surprise myself with how much I can eat sometimes but as far as getting hunger pains . . . I rarely feel hungry. I'm still eating because it's there, or it's time, or everyone else is eating. I wonder if the head game will ever get in control. I'm so thankful I have a band to remind me to get my head in the game.

Hi Mer and Sue, I need to walk this morning if either of you are on line.

Thanks for the support everyone! I am feeling especially tired lately because I have so much on my plate personally (work, kids, and I'm going to school) ... it's going to be an adjustment for sure! I know that it will be worth it and I pray everyday that I'll have someone with a heart at the insurance who reviews my case after all this work. I met with the dietician yesterday and the diet is so weird. I basically have to eat MORE food than I usually do, but it is really specific as to get all the proper nutrients. It took me 90 minutes to plan out my meals and snack for today. (A lot of counting grams and such)

I know that all these things have come into my life for a reason and feel like I'm doing the right thing, but it's quite alot work for a big mystery at the end of it. :confused: Did I mention I hate insurances sometimes?

Hi everyone! I just scheduled another fill (my 3rd) for Monday the 30th. I just feel like I can eat anything right now and have stalled out on my weight loss. Of course, a fill can't fix my head...LOL I think I'm having a hard time allowing myself to get under 200....don't quite know what that's about. I'm going to have to pray through it....get some input. I want to be healthy and smaller....but on the other hand there's some kind of fear involved. Talk to me, girls. Anyone else feel this way on their way down?

Thanks,

Merrillee

Hey Mer...

Good to hear from you.

I can relate to the idea of fear. I think I see myself as a fat person and I'm not entirely sure who I am without that part of me. I've always said I'd like to be small enough so that when someone describes me they don't first say (or at least think) "she's that big girl". If I were to describe myself physically that's definitely where I would start. It's a real puzzle, I don't want to be thought of as the big girl, but who else am I?

Maybe this idea of "knowing who you are" is just an abstract, does anyone really know who they are? We are constantly growing and changing and that's a good thing! What would life be if we stayed where we are? God created us to be growing beings, we'll never figure it all out...and that's OK...not just OK...it's a GOOD thing! The only thing I know for sure is that I am a child of Christ! :)

Sue

PS...How did you get a Monday apointment? I've been calling to try to move my fill (Aug 13th) and they say they are booked until September...lucky dog!!!

does anyone in the seattle, everett, area have a clothing exchange going on? starting to wear smaller sizes but dont want to buy a whole bunch new stuff! would love to trade and I shrink!

PS...How did you get a Monday apointment? I've been calling to try to move my fill (Aug 13th) and they say they are booked until September...lucky dog!!!

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the encouragement......I dont' know how I got it, except I called today and they said they had a cancellation on Monday am at 9:15. Do you want it? I don't think I actually neeeeed a fill....I neeeeed a head adjustment, which a friend of mine is going to help me with.

:help:

Mer

Lucy Girl,

What size are you in? I have several things that haven't sold on ebay. Maybe we could work something out?

Merrillee

Mer...

I don't want to steal your apointment, good luck on Monday! I've got 2 more weeks, I'm just hungry all the time! :hungry: I'm getting the munchies real bad at night, trying to at least keep my salty cravings to almonds and peanuts, not a great thing to eat, but better than the bag of chips I'd like to have! :faint:

Give me a call if you have time to walk on Monday :clap2:

Sue