Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Sue! So sorry to hear about your dog. We went through the same thing last January. It hurts. Hope you have a nice vacation, though. How long will you be gone?

Merrillee

We're heading to Sunriver, OR for a week. We (my parents, brother & his kids, 10 in all) have gone there for 14 years. Lots of opportunity to walk & bike ride, lots to do, or just sit by the pool. Just checked weather...low 80's...that works.

Hi all!

We did it! Walked the new Tacoma Narrows Bridge from one end to the other and back! Not too bad. Even though it was quite warm and muggy, there was a breeze most of the time. I've posted pics on Myspace

myspace.com/merrilleesings

Woo hoo!!!!!

Merrillee

Hi

I'm in Bellingham. I don't have the date set yet, but I believe I will be banded end of August or beginning of September.

I'm going to try and meet the other Bellinghamsters at Bellis Fair Mall on 7/16/

Darragha

Hello all,

I haven't written for a while but I read the posts every day. I went to the meeting last night at St. Joes', very interesting. Lots of good information. It was nice to talk to people who have been through the same things we have too.

I was definitely needing support too. Since I've gone to pureed foods my weight loss has just stopped. I actually went up a pound. YIKES!!! Terry from Dr. Srikanth's office said that can happen because the body is not used to food so it holds on to all that you're giving it. Glad to say that as of this morning I lost the extra pound and a couple more ounces. YEAH!!!

It's very discouraging when you see that weight go up instead of down. Especially when I feel like I'm starving all the time. Luckily I get my first fill next week. YEAH. I'm hoping that will help.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Hey Dawndeb,

I need to get myself to one of those support groups. I could use the encouragement and friendship. The up and down thing is a fact of life. We don't lose weight in a straight line, unfortunately. As long as you're in a downward trend overall that's a BIG yippee! I go through the same thing all the time. Down, up, down, up, down down......frustrating at times, but still going down overall.

Merrillee

Logging your weight at physicsdiet.com helps because it shows you the overall trend of your weight loss. For me, it takes my focus off the daily number and puts it on the overall loss. It is free and has some nice reports available.

dawneb...I'm so diappointed I missed meeting you at the St Joe's support meeting. I've been to every Monday support meeting since the week b4-banding in May. We're on vacation this week so I missed. Wendy goes too (also vacationing).

Maybe I'll see you there in 2 weeks, I'd love to meet you. Did Laura lead the group? She a nutritionist with a Phd in exercise physiology, a great wealth of information. She's the one who helped me figure out my weight loss had stalled b/c I wasn't eating enough.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the group. We've talked about possibly meeting b4 group to walk down on Ruston, but it's tought for alot of people to get away at that time of day.

Mer...

Sound like fun, I really wanted to do the bridge walk.

We're down here in Oregon waiting to see what the weather's going to do. We're scheduled to river raft today, but there's thunder storms coming. Oh well, we'll just re-schedule. We're hoping the storms some in tonight, they are fabulous at night!!!

Sue,

It would be great to meet all of you too. It was a very small group so I was able to tell that there wasn't anybody from here at the meeting. yes, Laura lead the group. She's great. She also did my pre-op nutrition class at St. Francis. She's just a wealth of information.

Hopefully we'll meet up in a couple of weeks at the next meeting. I work till 5 in Maple Valley so I wouldn't be able to meet before hand. I'm stretching it to get there by 6:30.

Have a great vacation.

dawneb...

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Been a busy couple of days, even though weather hasn't been great. We were lucky yesterday and scheduled our white Water rafting trip for the one slot of time in the day that actually had sunshine, we had a great time. I skipped the rafting last time, feeling more comfortable with my body now. We went on a couple bike rides today, the longest was 7 miles around the airport on the river trail...beautiful!!! It's so great to want to be active, not so worried about if I can keep up. My attitude is changing, a real NSV for me.

One little chuckle on the biking...I had to remind myself that it was a good thing that my upper arms were "flapping in the wind". Has anyone else noticed things getting soft and droopy. I told myself in the beginning that loosing the weight would be good enough, I didn't need to get plastic surgery. I'm seeing my attitude changing on that one, I'm seeing into the future and it seems to be full of flaps, jiggles and droops!!!

Hi everyone...

I haven't checked in since before my first fill. I will try and make this short...

I got my first fill a few hours before I left on vacation on the 29th. It worked really well the first week and a half or so. Dr. Srikanth put 1.8 cc in my 4cc band (seems like Dr Oh does the same thing). I felt good restriction, got full quickly and it would last for hours. (no PBing or Sliming).

Later last week I started to get really REALLY HUNGRY!! Worse than before I started with my pre-op... Well - my follow up appt wasn't until July 30th. I called on this last Monday and pulled it in to today (We can't get another filled for 3-4 weeks after each fill) so I made mine exactly 3 weeks and 1 day..

I saw Terry this morning for my fill. The Dr actually puts in a tintsy bit of liquid at surgery (to test the band for leaks) as Terry pulled out almost 2 cc's of saline before putting it back and also adding another .4 cc, so now I am up to 2.4 cc's in my band and back to liquids and Soups for 48 hours.

I plateaued as well and have only lost 1.8 lbs in 3 weeks. It is hard not to have the things you want when you are so hungry and I have to see how this fill affects me. I made another appt for 4 weeks out as a follow up, but hope this get's rid of the hunger...

I sure would love to hook up with some of you sometime. I live in north renton and work in Bellevue so making the meetings for me at st francis are a longshot. Maybe we could do some sort of gathering once a month.

Still love m band but can't wait till I hit my sweet spot!

Sue11 - SO Sorry to hear about your pup. I am a dog person as well and went through this last year.

Take Care!!! :rain:

I had a "this is soooooo cool moment yesterday.

We're vacationing and I took my daughters horsebackriding. On the pre-ride forms they ask the question "Do you weigh more than 240#" I got to check the "NO" box!!!!!!!! I was smiling so big, practically giggling...but no one knew why. I know you all will understand!!!! SO COOL!!!

Sue,

that's awesome. Hope you're having a great time on your vacation.

I went to my 20th class reunion last night. It was pretty fun. Interesting to see how some people have changed and others look exactly the same.

I'm two pounds away from "onederland" and I'm so excited. I haven't been there in many years. It hardly seems possible.:clap2:

Dawneb,

I am so proud of you! You are truly my inspiration for trying to go through all of this. I am hanging in there with all the appts required by the insurance and have started the exercise program. Wednesday is my first appt with the dietician and then I meet with Dr.S on Thursday.

I can't wait to see you! We haven't worked together since that Saturday a few weeks after the surgery. Sounds like you are doing great.

Keep up the good work *hugs*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches