Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

I'm back! I survived the fourth, rehearsal dinner, and the wedding, even had some cake! part way through the weekend I weighed myself and was up four pounds but this morning I got on the scale and was down five so I guess in all the craziness the pounds came off.

My goal this week is to stay on the program and get in my shakes and Water and my Vitamins. I know I will feel better!

It was so ego building to hear at the wedding how good I looked. I was wearing a size 16w dress so I was feeling good!!! I have one more big party to get through this week at my house, a company picnic with about a 100 people coming. The food will be great so I will be tempted yet again to over eat. I am so glad that my band keeps me honest. I have had several PBing incidents so I know it is working. That is a very good thing!

Call if you want to walk today. It is supposed to be a scorcher all week so we need to walk in the evenings or at the mall in the coolness.

Hey all,

I have now walked for several days in a row, starting with last week with Sue.....what day was that? Tuesday? So every day for a week I guess. I've got some kind of nasty kink in my neck and shoulder and lower back, though......SO I'm going in for a massage and to see the chiropractor tomorrow. Don't get excited and think I'm lucky, though. Those massage girls can really put a hurt on you......LOL It feels good when they are DONE and not torturing you anymore......LOOOOOL!!!!

Sue, I don't know how many calories I eat in a day. But I do have the three prescribed Protein Drinks, evenly distributed throughout the day and all my Vitamins. Then I usually will have some kind of small meal kind of thing at noon and in the early evening. Today I had two hamburger patties from the center of McDonald's small burgers for lunch. YUM....Then tonite I had a ramen soup....yum some more. I drink LOTS of diet green tea. Comes ready made in a gallon jug. You can get regular OR Decaf diet at Albertson's.....2 for $5. Regular diet is at Walmart, too, same price. It's really good. No one believes me about how good it is until they try it. Then THEY get hooked, too! It's been my savior from the diet coke habit. REfreshing in the summer after a walk! Drinking some now!

Mer

I've been craving some good ice tea, but I ususally shop Fred Meyer and they don't carry much. I'll have to swing into Albertson's tomorrow, and I think I'll put out come sun tea. A little splenda and it's such a refreshing sweet tea. I need to have something for our vacation to Oregon next week. I miss my diet colas too!

So, you basically eat 3 shakes and 2 meals a day? Any Snacks? Do you get hungry between meals? A meal only lasts about 2 hours for me, I'm tired of being hungry, I don't think my will power is going to last much longer. I'm starting to nibble on really bad stuff, I wish I could at least stay with good foods when I get the munchies. I guess that's why I have a band, I don't have enough will power and I don't make good choices. I need a fill.

I wish I could get all of my Protein in. Today I started out with one and managed to get in a Protein Bar for lunch but that was barely half of what I was supposed to have.

I'm sorry I didn't call you back Mer but I didn't get done house hunting with the kids until after 9pm and I was bushed. I can walk in the morning if you want to. Call if you can but not to early cuz the girls are at Sues and i am sleeping in!!!

Hi Girls......Had my massage and chiropractic today.....She REALLY worked my upper back and neck....probably bruised it....I was a mess. The doc had to work all over my back....He said he loosened up a couple spots in my spine that are attached to the blood flow to the stomach and I should be digesting better, etc. now. We'll see.

Is anyone doing the 5K (3.2 miles) walk/run on the Narrows Sunday? I just signed up for it. All the proceeds go to Mary Bridge NIC Unit (babies). AND you get a T-shirt. AthletesLounge Toyota Tacoma Narrows Bridge Run <i>The one and only</i>

Let me know. I don't have anyone walking with me yet. I thought it would be a good way to Celebrate my new life....doing something I NEVER would have dared before surgery and the weight I've lost so far.

Sue, as far as food, meals etc. I guess it ends up being about 2-3 hours apart as it is....the shake to begin with in the am ... like 9 or 10, then some kind of "lunch", then another shake around 3 pm, then the next "meal" around 5 , then another shake around 8. But, yah, sometimes I grab something in between. Mostly from boredom, though. Today I caught myself grabbing this and that after my massage because I hurt.....so I finally just took some tylenol and went to bed for a nap. I'm not doing perfect by any means....but I'm also not eating the thousands of calories a day I used to. I think we all just need to relax and let this process happen. We all get too into our heads and worry way too much about every little thing and end up making ourselves crazy....then we eat. We need to fill our time with other things. Food used to take up all our time.....we thought about it constantly, etc. I don't want to anymore....I want to think about my next project or about helping a friend. Not that food doesn't come to mind occasionally in a scary way....like the urge to "eat a cake"....We're in this for the long haul, and we need to trust that God is in this, directing us and that it will happen. Maybe not as quick as we want.....but our heads have to catch up with our bodies. ONe of the gals I talked to in Dr. Oh's office told me that. She said that we should PLAN on this taking at least a year. We need that time to become the new people we are becoming on the inside too. We're being healed and renewed daily. I think we just have to "get out of the way" and trust the process as much as possible.

Merrillee's sermonette #36945

Mer - I agree! we spend way to much time thinking about food. I don't think thin people give it much thought most of the time. If they have a pig out day then they cut back the next, no big deal.

mini mini sermon #(to many to count)

My DH & I have talked about this several times lately, he only eats b/c his body needs nutrition and is very rarely hungery, I have alway been pre-occupied with food pretty much every waking moment. I'm starting to see how the band is gong to help with this. Now that food is not such a big deal and not so exciting I can see myself moving on to better things in the future. ;)

Thank God, I know this is going to work.

PS...great sermonette!!!

I've finally broke through my 2 week plateau. I've gaining/loosing the same 2# and I really felt the last couple days that I was ready to start moving again. Amazing enough, I needed to eat MORE!

My "baby" turned 13 yesterday, so there's been extra food & cakes and such. I was careful, took small little amounts of things, and didn't really deny myself anything, but just took tastes and nibbles, let loose the reigns a little. I think it kicked my body out of the starvation mode I've been in, eating 500-900 calories a day since pre-op started 8 weeks ago. I'm going to work on eating moderate amounts of good choices. Live & learn! ;)

Hi all,

This is TOTALLY off topic.....BUT I don't care! I'm so excited!!!! My new embroidery/sewing machine is coming today!!!!! I got a top-of-the-line Singer XL600 that does everything!!!! I feel like a HS Girl waiting for a date! Can't wait to make something fun! Maybe actually for me and not the doggies! LOL

YIPPEE!

MERRRRRRRILLEEEEEEEE

Mer...

We need to have a sewing party at your house!!!

I never realized how often i pop in to my machine and mend/hem etc. We're redoing my daughter's room, waiting for carpet, so all her stuff is piled in front of my machine...I miss it, & need it. (I'm jealous!)

OK, I need to confess, all this food in this house is showing me why I need another fill. I need some accounability and self control (or internal control via the band). For a while I got by, telling myself I'd get sick if I ate too much or the wrong thing. Now I know that I can eat ANYTHING. I scheduled my 2nd fill for August 13th, I really need to bump it up!

Sue! A sewing party......FUN! AND get that fill bumped up to asap!

My machine is here and I've figured out how to sew on it. Today I take out the embroidery unit and see how that works.....It's alll so Pretttttyyyyyyy!

I'm still walking the Narrows Bridge tomorrow. Didn't have any takers on coming with me......I think anyone can still walk it....you just don't get a t-shirt...LOL I'll tell everyone about it.....if I survive!

Merrillee

I'd love to walk the bridge, but we leave in the AM for Oregon.

Sad note...we just got home from putting down our lab (cancer), now Butch is an only pup.