Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

dawneb...

You're right on target. The hunger means your stomach swelling is down and you're healing well. You're in bandster hell now...no restriction, except for the diet of course. Hang in there!!! Are you on protien shakes? I cooked up a big batch of beef broth with extra onions and a bag of frozen vegetables. When it was cooked well, I took my hand blender to the vegetable, then strained it all. I't may not have been perfectly clear, but I found it more satisfying!

My 1st fill is tomorrow, a couple more days until softs...I totally agree on the cottage cheese, it was OK before, but sound like heaven now!!!

dawneb...

You're right on target. The hunger means your stomach swelling is down and you're healing well. You're in bandster hell now...no restriction, except for the diet of course. Hang in there!!! Are you on protien shakes? I cooked up a big batch of beef broth with extra onions and a bag of frozen vegetables. When it was cooked well, I took my hand blender to the vegetable, then strained it all. I't may not have been perfectly clear, but I found it more satisfying!

My 1st fill is tomorrow, a couple more days until softs...I totally agree on the cottage cheese, it was OK before, but sound like heaven now!!!

Hi Sue -

Wow - I thought Dr Srikanth was strick - at week 4 we were able to move to puree'd food. You had surgery the day after me. Week 4-5 is purreed' - then mushy kinda stuff week 6-7... Have you tried pureed foods yet? I get my first fill the 29th.

Ljuht115...

Yes, I think Dr Oh has the most strict diet I've heard of from any Doc. No, I haven't totally followed it. Buy his instructions I should not have had anything but clears and protien shakes for 2 more days (7 weeks total). He doesn't do the purreed stage, I asked one of his nurses at my last visit and she said that people down too many calories on pureed food, they go right through the band and people tend to go for cream Soups and such with too many calories. They had some people actually gaining weight on purees. I figured I have common sense and some self control, so a couple weeks ago made my own split pea Soup and then started nibbling on a few softs. I have been very careful with both the texture and to not over do in calories. Not only did it make my mood better to have something other than clears, but it made my digestive track much happier...water in, Water out...if you know what I mean...LOL

Good luck on your fill this Friday, it really was easy!

Sue11 - Are you feeling restriction now after your fill. I do fine in the am and lunch time, but come dinner, the past two nights I have strayed (with soft food chewed well) but still more goes down easier than even last week. I thought I would be one of the lucky ones and feel restriction until my first fill (I still do somewhat in the am) but no more.. =-(...

I feel horrible like I am letting everything go down the drain. it is hard for me to remember the fills is what is supposed to get me to my goal weight, not before -

ARRRRGGGHHHHHH..

I'm back from vacation and had my first fill on Monday with Sue. I'm ready to move past the gain and losing of the same three pounds the last two weeks. I definatly feel some restriction so hopefully I am on my way again.

Ljuht115...

I just had my fill yesterday (with Wendy) and had my first "food" tonight. My mom made chicken noodle Soup for us, I had my protien drink, drank the broth, then ate the chicken veggies and noodles (chew, chew, chew) and it all want down find. I feel satisfied, but I haven't gone to the point of "full" or uncomfortable yet. I suppose you kind-of have to test the waters to find out what too much is, I'm not really sure at this point what "full" really feels like. Maybe I'm not I'm "tight" enough yet, I have 1.8cc in my 4.0 band, time will tell. I scheduled another fill for Mid August, but I may need to go in before then.

I got through my two days of liquid after the fill and today I started testing my band to see what would stick. pizza chewed really well in small amounts goes down fine, so do fresh rasberries and a Protein balance bar. It will take getting tight enough to PB before I quit eating foods I'm not supposed to.<br /> <br /> On the good news side of things I finally lost those pesty three pounds that were jumping on and off for the last two weeks and broke into a new decade. I haven't changed my ticker yet because I want to make sure it stays there or moves down farther before I put it in writing. Sue guilted me into walking tonight so that is two days in a row. I seem to have a hard time with the 3 shakes, 64 oz. of Water, and the walking. Getting all three of them in on one day is proving to be challenging at best. I need to step it up.

Wendy and Sue! You're doing well! YIPPEE for the new weight loss, Wendy! Go ahead and put it in writing! Keeps you on your toes! HEH HEH.

I'm jonesing to walk today or tomorrow. Who's up for it? I think I might go to the mall today and get some in. I'm pretty lazy today after spending the afternoon yesterday with Dave on a quick business trip. Got to get it in, though.

Merrillee

Yea! It's for real! I reached my 40 pounds lost marker this morning! I'm lovin this band!! it doesn't even seem like it is all that hard. Yesterday I started to slime on some fresh rasberries. Guess I didn't chew them well enough or I was eating them to fast. They didn't come back up but I thought they were going to. Earlier in the day I had eaten a salad with some bread and did fine so who knows what will make it plug. It's a mystery to me still.<br /> <br /> Merillee and Sue - My sister is coming into town for a few hous today so I wouldn't be able to walk until around 5pm. Let me know if anyone wants to walk that late.

Wendy & Mer...

I won't be able to walk today, family's going to the Mariner's game tonight. I'm really excited to se if those *#$@% seats are more comfortable now, I sure hope so! I figer I'll do laps around the stadium with my kids...I wounder how far it is for each lap?

I'm back from vacation and had my first fill on Monday with Sue. I'm ready to move past the gain and losing of the same three pounds the last two weeks. I definatly feel some restriction so hopefully I am on my way again.

Thank you so much!! I wondered where all these icons were hiding!!:mad:

I had my first PBing incident today on a bite of rasberry pie. I was talking and not paying attention and on the third bite everything stuck. The slime started and I ran for the bathroom. It all came up over about the next 20 minutes. It was not pleasant and I hope I don't repeat that again. I guess that is what I get for eating desert when i know I shouldn't!

Had to pb some fish tonight. I think I am eating to fast and not waiting long enough between bites. It seems like the one that fills the pouch as it is going in is already being followed by two more and those two have to come back up or I have pain in the tubes. It sure keeps you from overeating doesn't it!