Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Sue- I really enjoyed the meeting and meeting you the other day. Too bad I didn't meet Wendy too!

I felt a bit on the spot by Marie and a bit guilty for having an easier nutritional plan to follow. It all helped me know that I ended up at the right place for me. Like they said, you have to go where you feel comfortable, especially when you pay yourself! I have not had any regrets...just really looking forward to my fill on the 28th!

Are you thinking of going to the St Francis meeting on the 3rd Wed (I think).

Pinenut...

Like I said before, it was an unusual group Monday, it was basically all St Francis lap-band which is not the norm. I know Marie (we graduated from High school toghter) and she's always been a strong personallity. She tried to get me to switch doctors last time, convinced that her choice was the best, it's just her way.

No need to feel guitly for following your docs instructions, it's interesting to hear another perspective. It's usually not so lop-sided with the opinions, and in talking to Laura (nutritionist that leads group) even though she is the nutritionist for St Francis, she definitely has different opinions on several points of the St Francis pre/post op diets.

I don't remember what they said about the Wed group and that one is not on the website, where & when? Wed is a really busy day for us, so it probably wouldn't work.

Hello all,

Feeling pretty good today. I would say that just about all of the pain is gone at this point except at the port site. It worse when I sit upright, like in a car or at the computer. I get a really uncomfortable pressure feeling where the port is. It makes car rides almost unbearable. Has anyone else had this?? Please tell me it goes away!! It's kind of like something is stuck there, to which my primary care doctor said "it is!" She said she's sure that the feeling will get better. I don't meet with my surgeon (Dr. Srikanth) until next Thursday so hopefully it will be better by then.

I'm very glad that I did this. I'm down 20 lbs since June 2nd when I started the pre-op diet, then surgery was June 12th. I was thinking yesterday that if I hadn't done this then even if I had tried again on my own I would probably only have lost maybe 5 lbs by now, if that. It's so gratifying to actually see results after alot of hard work. I can't wait til next summer. No more dreading summers because I have to shed my bulky winter clothes. Also, every year I knew that I was going to have to buy more clothes because last years probably wouldn't fit. Next year I'll have to buy more too, but praise God, it should be because this years are too big!!!!

Well, enough of my rambling. Hope everyone's well.

Hi Girls,

Sue! I got some really cute pink and white Puma tennies so I'm ready to go as soon as my foot feels better.....

Dawndeb, it WILL get better....the port, that is. Mine still tweaks occasionally, even after 10 weeks but, then, it is a foreign object stitched to my stomach muscle. Good for you that you're down so much weight! I've been selling my clothes on ebay. It's fun!!!!

PInenut, is the group you guys went to on Monday meet every week? I might like to go. It's good to be reminded of all the how's and why's.

Does anyone watch Big Medicine on TLC? There are two doctors, a son and dad, that do bypass surgery. It's been interesting to watch. Last nite an insurance company denied a dear gal that was over 400 pounds. Bastards. The doctors were really upset. It's very helpful to watch the show.

The antibiotics for my foot are killing my stomach. Might have to switch or something. Argh. Feeling better, though.

Merrillee

Thanks...we are planning on going to Snoqualmie Falls to hike around a bit...something other than just dinner, but it's not looking like the weather is going to cooperate :)

Hey, weather was okay after all!! In fact, it turned out to be a beautiful day. did you get to go to Snoqualmie??

Yes, we made it to the falls, we just left a little later than we had planned, as the day seemed to be clearing as it got past noon. The falls were beautiful then we walked around the North Bend mall and had salmon dinner (I nibbled off DH's plate...my first real food!) at Pt Defiance. A really nice day! It was kind-of nice, our anniversary is often dinner & a movie, but with life not revolving around food we had to find other things to do and actually spent more time together.

Mer...

I doubt that we will be able to break in the tennies tomorrow, it's my kid's last day of school and there's mom thngs to do. My baby (7th grade) got a 4.0 for the entire year...way to go Taylor...so I have to go to the school to gush on her at at honor roll program/breakfast, and at some point in the day they are expecting me at work. This always seems to be the problem, everything else take priority. Are you going to be in town later in the day tomorrow? Give me a call if you are, maybe I can slip away.

The support group at St Joe's meets on the 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month at 6:45. Wendy & I are going, you should come! Maybe we could meet down on Ruston way for a walk if we can get away earlier.

Hey Sue,

Sounds like you had a fab time! Congrats on your stellar star student! Good going! Good mama!

1st and 3rd Monday would mean the next one is in July. Definitely up for it.

Call me if you want to walk anytime before then. My dh is out of town until Sunday evening, so I'm raring to get out and break in my new tennies.

Merrillee

Back and newly banded. If there is going to be anyone meeting in Silverdale, I'd love to join.

For those going to the St joe's meeting...We should try to meet before the meeting to walk down on Ruston Way. I know it's a hard time of day, are you all home getting dinner for the family? My DH & kids are all old enough to fend for themselves.

Sue,

My fill is at 1pm on Thursday. I thought I could get one last "free" meal in, but I was told now to not eat 1 hr prior. SO much for the zucchini sticks at claim jumper. Oh well. I have made by bed already, so guess I'll hop in- filled or not!

We (DH & I) tried to go to Claim Jumper for my last meal out before pre-op diet, but they were so packed we gave up and went to Red Robin. Oh well, We will get back there some day, and with the size of their portions I'll have leftovers to enjoy for a days...LOL :)

Hi all,

OK, so I'm almost two weeks post-op now and I have two weeks of Clear Liquids to go. All of a sudden (today) I'm really wanting to eat something. Even fat free cottage cheese sounds really good right now. It doesn't have to be something fattening, just something solid besides sf popsicles and sf Jello. Any thoughts?!

I tried the Miso Soup a couple of days ago, yummy! Maybe I'll go back to the store and get some more of that. I wasn't sure if I'd like it so I just bought one.

Hope everyone's doing well.