Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Back at work today, just to put out fires then I'll be back on Friday. It's hard to sit up at a computer, and the sholder pain just hit, so I think I'm going to head home.

Those who have been banded awhile...

Does the sholder pain eventually go away (how long)? Or does it continue to come with gas pains (in stomach) even after the abdominal gas from surgery has fully absorbed? Seems to come whenever I drink, though it's hard to tell b/c I'm drinking all day long.

As soon as you get rid of you gas pains, it'll go away, mine went away in a few days. WALKING, WALKing, and more WALKING!!:clap2:

hi there - just checking in with everyone. feeling good and wanting to eat everything in sight! liquid is just not cutting it.

Hit a plateau the last 5 days and getting discouraged. I think I need a fill sooner then later.

Mer and Sue - we need to walk tomorrow! I miss it and am not making it a priority. I need my walking partners!

Just keep on pushing your fluids, dont get behind, find some good broth or better yet sugarfree popsicles:) After your first week you'll be able to drink your Protein Shakes which should help you to feel better!! Remember this first month is your healing stage, so be kind to yourself:)

Hello all,

Question - I just got done today with the rest of my pre-op testing, the abdominal ultrasound. The ultrasound tech said that I had a lot of gall stones. What if anything will this mean to my surgery? I have Dr. Srikanth. Him and Dr. Oh have worked together closely in the past and I think that they run things basically the same. So to any Srikanth or Dr. Oh patients out there - did this happen to you? If so, what became of it? I just dont' want my surgery post-poned.

I did wonder that since I'm a self pay maybe if they need to remove my gall bladder, maybe they could do it at the same time and insurance would pick up some of the cost?! That would be a bonus!! Probably wishful thinking.

Take care everyone and please let me know if anyone has had this come back for them.

Thanks

Definately, depends on your insurance, and I know for a fact that Dr. Srikanth could do the surgery at the same time, prior to surgery he even made a humor out of it and said "too bad your gallbladders ok", he really is a funny guy!!

Mer and Sue - Up for walking tomorrow? Maybe on Sues lunch break? Mer you should bring Rachel. Anyone else for a walk along Grandview in UP?

Wendy & Mer...

I see Dr Oh @ 10:15 and could probably squeeze in a short walk before going back to work. I've missed so much already i really don't think it will matter much.

My energy level says take a nap, but the pain in my sholder says "WALK!"

I'm feeling grumpy tonight...tired of being sore, tired of liquids, missing my comfort foods! Found out today we will have to have our Lab put down, she's got a tumor. It's interesting how I'm learning about myself and how I've used food to comfort and soothe.

Thankfully, he is one of the best docs out there!! You'll be in good hands!! Everything has gone just fine better yet Im actually losing weight, , I absolutely LOVE my band, it definately helps me keep to eating the right portions and its also made me aware of the food choices I make! I am also very happy with his staff, you'll really get to know Terri (NURSE) she is a grreat resource and can easily be reached, which I especially appreciate! Dr. Srikanth is very knowlegdable and better yet his bedside manner is A+++, he's very laid back and at the same time compassionate, he's also one of the only docs that will take your vital signs if needed, which definately says much on his qualities as a person. I wish you the best of luck and let me know if I can answer anymore questions!!:clap2:

Thanks for the response. That's one of the reasons that I picked him - his compassion really comes across. Also the way he interacts with his patients. He just seems like a great person as well as a great surgeon. I mean, he used to do organ transplants so he's got to know his stuff!!

Question for you. I don't meet with him until June 6th again and I can't remember what his post-op diet is like. I know it's liquids for the first week, then what?? I'm totally dedicated to this so whatever he says, goes! I'm having a hard time believing that it's actually going to happen. I feel like I've tried for so long that it almost seems impossible to lose weight.

Hey Sue and Wendy! Are either of you up for a walk this afternoon? I've got work to do this am, but can be free later.

Mer

Hey! Nobody's been here since me yesterday am? Must be the fabulous weater we're having! We're probably going to do some yard work today....and I'm gonna BEG my husband to put the air conditioner back into our bedroom window. We've had a couple nites now where it was difficult to sleep because of the heat. Probably going to have to bribe him with a cobbler or something.....LOL

Merrillee

hi Mer - I have been with Missy at her dance recital all weekend. Tomorrow I am planning on cleaning out the boat in the sun. Hope there is some. My cell phone died and they were able to transfer my number to my old phone but not my contact numbers. We will call you next time we walk. Sue said she has your number but I don't until my phone is fixed.

Wenjea -

How close are you to Renton and how often do y'all go walking? I would like to find some fellow local bandtster walkers for every once in a while. Once I am approved for weigt, I can take my mal pup walking again. Too much for me right now though.

Ljuht115...

Wendy & I walk in University Place (SW Tacoma) and we try to go several times a week. We were especially concentrating on Fridays @ 11:00, but we each have had our surgery in the last couple weeks, so we are just getting back on track.

If you're in the area give a call and we may be walking that day, we love to meet other banders! Love to have anyone come...drop a note if you're in the area.

Hope to meet you soon! I'll send you my cell.

Hi Sue an Wendy -

Thank you for the information on my PM. Unfortunately I am in South Belllevue/Renton Highlands area and work during the week. BUMMER... Well - I can still enjoy all the posts by everyone. The helped me get through this even more than I thought they would. I woke up and weighed myself this am and gained back .06 oz =-(. Guess I shouldn't weight myself every day.

Other than that i am healing well, port side is feeling better every day, I even slept on that side last night wth NO PAIN!!!!

It is gorgeous outside today so I might try and find something easy to do like read a book!!!

Take care everyone

Hello everyone,

Well I started my pre-op diet today, Clear Liquids. So far not too bad. We've all been pretty sick with nasty colds though so I'm not really hungry anyway. The sugar free popsicles are great and the Jello gives the feeling of having something more solid to eat.

I'm using the EAS Protein supplement from Sam's club. Pretty good deal. You get 6 lbs for $25.00. That seemed pretty good compared to some of the other things out there. Tastes pretty good to. I added some sugar free caramel sryup (like for coffee) to the chocolate earlier. Pretty yummy.

I'm having a hard time getting in all the Water though. I've never been good with water so it's a real challenge for me.

Hope everyone's well and enjoying this nice weather. I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Take care.

Good luck with your pre-op - It sounds really hard but once you put your mind to it, it will really go fast and give you a healthy jump start to your weight loss. I personally felt really good with my preop diet (the no sugar, liquor/wine, and adding Vitamins and protein) really gave me a energy boost which I used as a mental positive for me. hopefully that doesn't sound too corny.

I saw dr srikanth as well - (CALL THEM the day before the surgery, they do a great job but, see if you can find out where you are in the surgery cycle. ( I had to spend the night because I was postponed to the next morning). It all worked out as it should have but at least you can be prepared and bring a laptop to watch movies etc. They have wireless so you can even bring your laptop into pre-op where you might be for a while. These are things that helped me get through the day. Dr Srikanth is a great dr and my surgery went great.

Good luck and keep on the posts - they helped me through some really difficult times and had so many wonderful pieces of advise (even if it wasn't for me personally)

Oh - sidenote - (I finally went and got my nails put back on since they don't allow you to have them for surgery and my typing speed is finally back to normal!!!!

Hopefully someday we can find some people on the eastside by renton to gather for walking and food ideas maybe once a month or so. I can't walk my dogs right now cause they are too big and miss it.

Hope all is well ---