Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Cracks me up that I have had more comments on my haircut.....It is finally about back to like the photo. Too bad I had a REALLY BAD hair color appointment the next day. A guy at work called me "Elvira"...so you can imagine how dark it was. I thought is was more a suitable color for a stripper - not exactly fitting for me! And it was right before Halloween.

Speaking of hair... Has anyone else noticed that their hair is acting like CRAP. Mine is completely limp and wont "do". I am hoping it is an effect from the anesthesia. I don't remember this happening with prior surgeries. I had to borrow a pretty barrette from my 5 year old to sport a "special" hairdo in the car today:biggrin1:

I had my post op today and go back for a fill on the 28th of June. I am really anticipating the mushies. I have soaked a couple Chicken'Bisquit crackers and mushed those around in my mouth. yum.....

I agree that those BEFORE photos can be a real motivator and reality check. I wore a lovely pair of shorts and a sport bra. All I noticed was a really big, white, stomach. I was at 301 at the Dr. office today and hope that by Monday I will never have to see a 300 number again!

Hello everyone i-

I am starting to feel much better - The gas sound remind me of aliens 1. The person that I got bumped for surger was not a bariatric paitien,bue someome that was bleeding in their colon.

My typing sucks on little keyboards and will for the next fews days. Gas pain hit this am in the morning. heating pads - and more heating pads.

I am hoping o get out for a good walk tomorrow with hubby. Today was too gassy for me to do much of anything. I still havent weighed mself yet. Once tje gas stops moving around and i am not so bloated.

Anhow - I thought I would be conribuing more post op but perhaps this weekend when I can type better!

Sweet dream everyone

Laura

Pinenut - I totally get what you are saying about the hair. Mine feels awul, dry and limp. I tried conditioning it and it felt a little better but it still sticks to my head. i wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of Protein we are drinking? I think it is a very good possibility that the meds had something to do with it.

I walked twice around the mall yesturday with Merrillee and was practically in a cold sweat. I start the day feeling great but by afternoon I am exhauseted! I'm feeling like my self most of the day. Starting back on protein and Vitamins has helped a lot! Taken the hunger away.

My first incision to loose all it's steri strips is the farthes on my right. It is a small hole with a small cut underneath it. I am wondering if the small hole was a oops. They are right on top of each other. I cut off all the loose steri peices and my skin is very rashy under the strips, red and bumpy but the incision itself looks good.

LJUHT115 and Sue - take it easy this weekend and don't rush anything. You will feel a bit better everyday but are not full strength yet. it is okay to be babied awile longer. Milk it!

Day 4 here. Still fairly painful at port site, but moved from the big meds to tylenol, so i would expext to feel it a little more. I figure if it's about the same on tylenol then that's inprovment.

i agree with the rumbling tummy. Not hunger, but gas moving around. I described it as "dinosaur night at the WWF" :drum: I'd like to go for a walk down the block, but am a little worried about being that far from the bathroom...water in...water out! I'm just doing laps aroung the house right now.

Sue - ready to walk yet? Just tell me when and I will take you. I'm fighting the mental hungrys, especially on this long weekend of getting together and eating. I gotta stay strong! Had some ff sf pudding and felt like I had cheated enough. Back to the straight and narrow.

Hey! i wore a straight skirt that has been hanging in my closet for a couple of years now because it was to small. My weight loss has slowed down a bit but it still moving in a downward direction so that is good.

Sue - I'm glad that you seem to be feeling pretty good. 4 days post-op too, that's great. So how long does Dr. Oh have you on Clear Liquids after surgery? Can you do Protein Shakes?

I'm scheduled for June 12 at St. Francis with Dr. Srikanth. I can't wait. I'm past the scared part and I'm to the "I can't wait" phase. I'm pretty calm about it all right now. I'm sure that could change the closer we get to surgery.

Wendy and Pinenut, I'm glad that you seem to being doing really well too. It really helps to hear everyone's post-op stories. It actually makes it less scary knowing what to expect.

jhut115 - I hope you're doing OK. We haven't heard from you in a while.

Take care everyone and God bless,

Dawn:)

Let's just say this pure liquid diet after surgery, I understtand why, but 5 days post of (SHOULD HAVE BEEN 6). I am really hungry and got my period today which doesn;t help with the cramps and gas.

Suture wise - I am ok unless I move around the wrong way. I am exausted from lack of Protein and food. I am taking my Vitamins, etc and will not talke anything to sabbotage my band, but cmon.

How much longer do I have to wait to feel better? I was gonna go back to work on Tues, but I don't think I will make it...

Whew - pooped reading some more - any help appreciated

Gosh you all, just reading and catching up here. Feeling really tired this weekend. Probably because my husband has been home all week and he SNORES. Gotta love those men!

Glad to hear everyone who's had surgery the last week or so is doing well...on the mend. Let's all keep walking and eating the way we're supposed to so we're all looking FAB by Christmas.

My inlaws don't know about my surgery and they weren't supposed to be be coming here until our son's graduation in 3 weeks, but Dave's grampa is having heart problems so they just drove up here from Utah. I was hoping to have 3 more weeks to get under 200. Darn. Anyone got a way for me to lose 13 lbs in a couple days? LOL. OH well. I'm sure they will be thrilled and happy for me even where I'm at.

I can really feel my port the last couple of days. Isn't that wierd? Especially when walking. Must be those muscles it's attached to.

I think the son in law is barbequeing tomorrow. Not like there's anything I can really eat or want to for that matter. I am REALLY happy to have a hard shell chicken taco from Taco Time once in a while. Makes me happy. That and big grilled shrimp. OH that's what I'll buy for him to bbq for me! I haven't shopped for tomorrow yet. I think I promised my husband a cobler if he would put install my air conditioner in the window. We're really not doing anything special tomorrow, though. Maybe visit Dave's grandpa. Call me if you want to go walking or anything. Or come over in the afternoon and bring what you want bbq'd. 265-2276. Really! I love meeting new people.

Merrillee

dawneb...

Dr Oh has us on clears only for 1 week then add protien shakes. At 4 weeks posop we add mushies. Very restrictive from what I see from other Docs, but seems to be very effective, I certainly don't want to go through all this and not get the best results I can, so I'm glad for the tight restriction, I may not be ashappy about the restrictions in 3 weeks though! I think Dr Shrikanth is a similar, but not quite as restrictive. I think both are safe and effictive.

I think the pre-op diet realy get you to that "I can't wait" stage. I really wasn;t nervous, even the morning of surgery, and they take great care of you at St Francis.

Wenjea...

I'm really ready to get out of here for a bit. Tay & I went for a walk late last night, the fresh air and moon light was wonderful! Maybe the Puppy park?

Can't say it's been the best of days. I felt pretty good this AM, went for a mini-walk with Wendy, felt great to get out of the house. About mid-afternoon I started to feel like crap. Head-ache, body aches, stomach ache/upset, GAS and more trips to the bathroom than I can count. Working hard just to get Water down tonight. I'd be worried, except it seems my husband & son are feeling a bit the same. Just my luck to get a bug 4 days post-op. Oh well, this too shall pass, and I keep telling myself how wonderful I'll feel when it does.

Hi there, I'm from Olympia and my surgery is on June 22nd. I sure hope you will feel better soon. I am so worried about that liquid diet too, how do survive on broth...

Write me back, Josie

Sue11 - Take care of yourself. I have been taking it really easy and am starting to feel better since surgery. I just started back on my Protein drnks and thought I would never miss those from the pre op diet, but i do have to say yummy. I am still on a small portion of vicadin to help with the residual pain and help me sleep some.

I am down 15. since the preop diet and about 5 or so since surgery. I don't get the fullness golfball feeling but neither am I that hungry yet. My port is REALLY sore especially if I move the wrong way. I was supposed to return to work tomorrow, but think i will put it off until wed or thurs. I don't want to hurt my port for any reason, i do have a desk job but it is really stressfull.

I do miss my ergonomic keyboard, this laptop keyboard sucks. Once I can stand in the shower and dry my hair - I will go back and do what I can.

I truly hope everyone is healing as they should. How are my may 22 (23rd ) band mates doing?

I highly recommend if you go to St Francis for a lap band bring books and your lap top if you can - My wait (which i am told is unusual was 24 hours). Of which I did not agree wiht but everthing went excellent afterwards, so far... Normal wait can last 6-8 hours...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It won't be soon and everyone of the a-MAY-zing banders will have their bands!

A couple questions to those earlier banders . . . . . Is your port area still swollen? Mine looks like a bubble around it, also looks like Fluid is collecting in my lower abdomen. has anyone ever had to have that drained?

Also . . . . my weight loss has totally stalled out at 10 days post op. Whats up with that? I don't mind if it slows down but this is tooooo slow.

Also . . . . does anyone have really yellow BM's. Not sure if its color from the Vitamins or from my stomach bile.

I am only supposed to be having Protein Shakes, Water, Clear Liquids, and vitamens right now. I dropped weight very fast before surgery on this same diet. Can't figure out why it's all stopped for now.

Hi All!

I hope everyone had something more exciting to do over the weekend. I was beat down by Sat. and laid in bed all day. WONDERFUL. I think that it was too much driving on Fri. I got stuck in traffic heading up to Everett but fine on 405 coming home. Sun and Mon I did laundry and such. Too much bending and I accidentally lifted Ryann and Kristen climed on my back. They have been really good for a week of not climbing on Mommy but it must have been a moment I wasn't paying attention. Now my port incision is angry looking and SORE. I too feel like there is swelling still inthe belly area. I have on jeans today, but how come the tops are looser, not the bottoms? Figures it would come off the boobs first! At least my bras are easing up a bit. No problem with the underwire. Although I am sittin ghere with my jeans un-done. I am just not comfy with things around my waist now. I had some muscle strain under the lower incision on the right (my port is onthe rt.) and it BURNS in the crease of my "waist". That has been the worst of all. It feels like a line of fire sometimes.

I am counting the days to Thursday when I can have MUSHIES.

Hi Wenjea -

I am having issues to - Went to my gp this am for my 1 week follow up. she didn't like the way the port looked ( gave me antibiotics but told me to hold off on taking thme unil I could see someome at dr Srikanth's office. It is red and sore, but not necesarilly oozing and there is healing. I really need some one to change the steristrips there and clean it out .

I was told not to do it myself. Last thing I want is an infectiom in my incisionm. once you look online you see how many people have issues with a portion of the lap band and now I am really scared. Tje dr is in surgery all day and his nurse is not in until later today!

I wish I could help you but I am scared out of my witts right now =-) I would definitely call the dr to fimd out about the accumulation of Fluid asap.

UPDATE 5:00 - Saw the Dr -

All is okay