Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Are any of you LOST watchers? I can't wait till next season!

Jordan Rocks! So glad she won cuz boy does she have a voice! I love Blake for what he does but singing isn't one of the things he does well.

Good Luck Sue!!!!!!!!!

Merrillee...

sorry I couldn't make it, I had forgotten that my daughter had a band concert at her middleschool tonight. I missed the last one, so I didn't dare miss another.

Well...the bag is packed and I'm ready to go, suppose i should go get some sleep now, though I should get plenty tomorrow!

I've managed to get through that last meal syndrom. I'm actually watching what I eat and excercising. Why wait for the surgery to start feeling better ya know?

Evilah

and best wishes sue!

PineNut, that sounds so familiar...lol. I think I went through the exact same routine one week earlier on the 9th. So....I am 2 weeks after surgery now and all of the pain has gone. Every once in a while I get a gas bubble, but usually goes away rather quickly. My incisions are healing and today I started on "mushies".

The only problem....and this will need to be answered by someone who has had the band for a while....up until yesterday I wasn't having any sort of hunger pangs. I started feeling hungry and then after I ate my Soup and applesauce it only took about 2 hours and I was hungry again. My mom, who has also had the banding, told me not to worry and to go ahead and eat if I was hungry but to stay within the "guidelines".

I feel like I am eating too much and I'm worried about it. Plus, since my post op appointment last week I haven't lost any more weight. Dr. Montgomery told me that the weight I had already lost is above what should be expected at the beginning of all this, but I have to admit, I was doing so good and now to just stop losing is kind of a let down. Is this all normal or am I doing something wrong??

dawn - I'm wondering if I'm losing to fast also. The last few days I've been dropping 2 pounds a day. The loss is great but I have this light headed feeling all the time. The nurse suggested regular apple juice and don't dilute it. she suggested my blood sugar is low. I see the doc on Friday and he will add back Vitamins and protien shakes so I know that will help. i won't be surprised if I gain a little.

Sue - keep in touch while you are waiting. Let us know your surgery time as soon as you get it. My prayers are with you.

Mer - It's beautiful outside! Do you have anytime to walk today?

Pinenut - I slept without meds last night and my steri strips are very close to coming off. I feel more like myself everyday now and I haven't seen this weight in . . . . . .I can't remember it's been so long. Cool!

Evilah - be sure to record your weight and measurments at your highest. It's pretty impressive to see how fast it goes. Good girl for starting now!

Wendy, Definitely up for walking today. DH is out of town for the day and my daughter works here just til 1 pm. So what's a good time for you? Should I come and pick you up?

Sue, don't worry about not making it. No prob. We had fun, but it's the last shopping party I think I will have. I always end up spending too much. Praying for you today. YIPPEE for you!

Merrillee

just got back on line Merrilee. Sue is out of surgery but I havn't had an update yet. Is it to late to walk? Could you give me your phone number on PM so I can call you. Oh wait . . . . anna has a concert at 6:00pm so I guess I'm stuck. Maybe tomorrow, send me your number.

Talk about an experinece. i arrived at the hospital on Tuesday morning at 5:38am. Therewere 6 p3ople aheadd of me then. Well, the first three were Gastric Bypasses and too the doctor much longer to do than he had planned for. So by 6:00 pm I am still waiting. I loose my patience then and ask for a valium to calm myself down and something in my IV for my stomach acids were starting to act upand bothering my esophagus.

well I finally was goven my heparin shot on the 22nd at 8:15 pm, brought back to the anesthesia room by 8:45. By 9:45 I had been spoken to by the anesthesioloogst about what was going to happen. THEN - A

DOCTOR CAME RUNNING IN SAYING HE HAD TO PERFORM AN EMERGENCY SURGERY ON ANOTHER PATIENT - NOT A BARIATRIC PATIENT THOUGHT THAT WAS LIFE THREATENING.

So afther this long I was needlless to say, ver frustrated. So - Dr Srikanth came in and felt horrible that we had to postpone my surgery, so they "put me up in the recovery room I would have been in any how, fed me gave me apple juice and Jello and broth untill midnight. Thebest part thoug is tat my band partner whom I had met a few times before was reeled into mu room.

The rescheduled me for YESTERDAY morning so the doctor bumped his GBP's and did mine first so i was taken back up to anesthesia around 6:30 am and was back in my room by 9:30ish. I ended up stayng the night and got home around 12:0 ish. I slept - went for a walk outside and have just enough energy to let you all know there was a reason I did not post until now. No major pain of any kind yet. Stayinmg prrettu drugged up and waling lot. No gas pains yet either.

This has postponed my return to work but that is all.

How bout themm apples fom Washingtom State..

Surgery went beautifully! Barim drink afterward showed everthjing in place looking great!!

http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/clap2.gif

Ljuht115 - you will have to read your post again when you are off drugs! lol

glad it is finally done for you, guess it is better to have your doctor fresh in the morning then tired after a long day. Bet you got to know your nurses well. Take it easy and rest!

Ljuht115- I'm glad that you're finally done but sorry that you had such the delay. I'm a little concerned because we have the same dr. and I'm a self pay. Did they make you pay for the extra night??

Glad to hear that you're not having that much pain. Hope all continues to go well for you.

Sue - hope all's well with you and that your surgery went great.

I start my 10 days pre-op diet on June 2. Evilah - I think it's great that you are already eating better. I seem to want to eat everything that I possibly can before I can't anymore - YIKES!!!!

Does anyone else have problems with the "quick reply" part of this thread? It will never let me do that. I can only do a new reply:help:

Ljuht115- I'm glad that you're finally done but sorry that you had such the delay. I'm a little concerned because we have the same dr. and I'm a self pay. Did they make you pay for the extra night??

Hi Dawn i am not certainabout that but i do know but i do kmow that Dr Srakanith had do some checking because of such an unusual situaion. If thwy do make me pay - I will contest bill.

I found out you can call to see how many patients the doctor has and where you land in them. I did as to see of this is something that happens all the time and was told no, but the wait part, yes, which is why I recommemd bringing your laptop to chat and watch movies.

I don't have any shoulder pain yet, (sorry but the gas is moving and is turning to liquid squirts on it's way out) is that normal? I just need to make sure I drink tons of Water because of this....

Other than that, am getiimg real tired.

Regrd

I think it's an either or thing with the bowels, Either you have the squirts or you are constipated. My guess is it all works itself out in the end. hee hee

I would definately not pay for the extra night but I bet they will try and charge you anyways.

Mer - I have a 10:15 appt with Oh and a 1:30 appointment for my car. I'm hoping that we can walk in between the two. The waterfront on Rustin Way would be cool. I'll call you when i'm done at Ohs.

Pinenut,

I know I've never met you but I look at your haircut /picture every time I post here and sort of feel like I recognize you. The point is, at the gym, I saw someone who was skinny but had hair like you do in your picture and sort of looked like you and I thought, HEY that's what pinenut will look like soon! YAY!

Wenjea,

I took a fat picture before I decided to lose my "last meal" attitude. But thanks for reminding!

Dr. Oh patients--- Do you guys do barium swallows to check the band location? Did you get catheterized??

ljuht! I'm so glad you're doing well!!! That sounds like a long ordeal, but at least you're not having gas pain! Did you ever find out what the emergency surgery was? Was it a bariatric patient?

Evilah

Evilah - Dr. Oh didn't do a barrium swallow on me and I wasn't cathed either. i remember it was hard to potty the first time, couldn't feel anything at all. i'm sure if this became an issue they would have to cath to empty your bladder but I haven't heard of that happening.

Today is the first day I didn't lose any weight which is okay because things were going down at an alarming rate. I get to start Protein shakes today and back to my walking everyday. I know I will start to lose again soon. I am feeling very good. I am able to sleep on my side now and only feel port pain when I twist or bend on that side. Now i have to get through the next three weeks of liquids without losing my mind.

Hi guys...I'm an official bandster now!!!

Just got home from the hospital. If it weren't for the port pain I'm feeling great. The port pain is pretty intence. haven't really has any gas pains...yet. I'm sure there will be some coming.

I've been able to be up quite a bit, though I've really got to hang on to that port.

I think I'll lay down now...was right next to the nurses station at the hospital...got 1 hour of solid sleep. with pain meds i can hardy hold my eyes open...so i think I'll got close them!