Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

I agree that Vitalady is a good place to start, especially the first time. After you get started you can probably find some of the stuff cheaper else where but it's nice to know what you need and what it looks like. They have Vitamins that dissolve quickly, chewable, and sublingual that other stores don't have. Plan on spending some money there. . . . it isn't cheap!

;) Hi...I am CJ. Surgery date of 6/18. getting excited - scared - wanting to know what to expect the first three days after lb surgery.

I'm more excited then nervous. i have a real feeling of peace about it. I'm ready to get on with the rest of my life. I had to give Julie some of my clothes today because they were to big already. That was fun! I have a bunch of things to do tomorrow to get ready but it's not like I'm not going to have time to rest or anything. lol

CJQuilter - if you spend some time on the May banders thread under general discussions then you will get a first hand look at lots of people just getting banded. It is a variety of people with different experiences and very educational. Welcome to the Washington banders! Where abouts are you? Who is your doctor?

Pinenut - Good luck and lot's of prayers for you on the 17th. We will have to share our stories after we are back on our feet. My surgery is scheduled for 7:30am on the 17th. i have to check in at 5:30am, yuk!

Can you squeeze in a walk tomorrow? Have to be afternoon or evening...nutrition class in the AM

Thanks for the encouragement. I can relate tothe calm feeling. After being on hte fence last Monday, I have just about come to terms. I even went to Metro. Market lest night and got my Soup selections and popcicles Dryer's fruit bars too. OF course the last meal was a prime rib sandwich. Yum. I have managed to swith to diet pepsi the last few days and have kept off my 6 lb. Maybe I can get at least 2 more off by Thurs? I am scheduled for 8:15 am and have to be in Everett at 7:15. I am sure I will be on the road about the time you check in at St Francis. I would suggest a night lite to bring along. I remeber the rooms were really dark and the only option was to turn the light on over the sink or in the bath and it was TOO bright. It would have been nice to at least have a sense of where you were. They make a mean beef bullion. Steer clear of the chicken - gross - I have experience from my 1st C section there. Mmmm Mmmm. I feel like everthing I have been eating the last couple weeks Ihave been analyzing if I can have it later. I know, not the point of the surgery - ya ya ya . And I have made peace with the fact I wont be able tohave some things. It is ok. I would rather have new clothes (or fit intothe new wardrobe that only fit for 6 mo after I had baby #2. Told myself I would NEVER be big again) At least this time it will be true!

Wenjea, we will be doing great this time next week. Mother's Day was more of a chore for me so I am looking forward to a weekend lazing around. Fat Chance with my 2 kids ;)

I have been chatting with Evilah and I like her idae of a South end group of folks. No matter where you have your surgery. I noticed a new gal in Pacific. I am in Federal Way, just up the hill! I think they have a trail around Celebration Park and also the BPA trail? It runs behind Dr Oh's building and winds over near my house.

OK folks... I need to preview. Sorry for the typos. My eyes are dry and, like Wenjea, I have a lot to do tomorrow. Namely LAUNDRY. Maybe my Mom will take pity on me and do it while I am at work and she is watching the girls. HA! Like that will happen. Maybe I will just wake up and it will be done? Good Night..only one more day after tomorrow!

ho god! I went to the dentist today and my mouth is still sore. Bleck. It intensifies my fear of surgery. Best wishes to everyone having surgery this week! I didn't go to the seminar tonight because i was feeling cruddy-- I had a mercury filling removed/replaced and I feel weird. I'm wondering if I breathed or swallowed a little too much alloy.

The support group next Monday at St. Joshep-- are you guys going? Even if you just had surgery?

Evilah

Sue - I have class untill 1pm, then I have to stop by Item House and fit review two coats. By that time I will be close to picking up Missy and getting her to dance. I could walk after I pick up Anna from fastpitch. I should be home about 5pm. Whats your evening look like?

Pinenut - thanks for the tips.

Evilha - I am planning on feeling up to it, Sue said she would drive me. Guess I won't really know until I'm there.

I am pretty sure I will try to go. It will be my first day back at work but I work in downtown Tacoma near St. Joe's. I am sure I will know a bit more after the weekend. I have also been talking with Kristen and she leads me to believe that the recovery isn't all that rough if you take it easy at first. I would really like to meet some people from here.

I spent so much of my childhood in the Dentist's chair that I really dislike it now. Good thing Dr. Hodges in Federal Way is such a funny guy. I really like the staff there. And they cater to my Mint Only policy ;) Any other flavor is a gag session. Hope you feel better. Remember, we should be getting better drugs that at the dentist. I just hate when they shoot too much novocaine and my nose and eye ends up numb!

I picked up my liquid meds at Rite Aid. $34 for the Lortab (?) elixir and then only $12 for the nausea stuff. I thought I would get it to have on hand rather than have to send someone out later. My husband got word today that he will be starting at Safeway on the 12th of June. No more K&L deliveriy! Yay. We are in between insurance now so I thought I would share the drug prices for others' information.