Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

<p>In response to anyone who has been reading my posts telling my frustration and anxiety about picking a doctor, the decision has been made. I found out today that NWWLS is out-of-network for my insurance, and so surgery with them would not necessarily be paid for, and if so, not at the higher rate at which it pays to dr. oh, who is in-network. </p> <p> </p> <p>I feel so light, like I could float away! The weekend fretting about this wasn't so bad!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Evilah</p>

whoohoo, Singandsew 30 pounds is great. Welcome Dawneb. Hope everything is working better for you waterlily.

Merrillee...

30 WOW!!! Congrats!!! That is sooooooo cool, i can't wait to join you! It's my turn now...it's clear liquid (and shakes) starting today for banding on the 29th!!! Trying to look at it as the beginning of a possitive change...the new me...instead of a "diet". Had to go the grocery store...didn't make it this weekend as I had planned...boy is my tummy rumbling!!!

Dawneb...

I can totally relate to the insurance frustration. We had a verbal YES from the insurance, started all the testing then the insurance decided it was excluded. I was frustrated to tears. But we made the commitment to self-pay. Still makes me mad, but maybe the financial commitment will creat an even greater commitment to suceed!

Now for some broth & a walk!

Evilah, Good choice. I really like Dr. OH. He and his staff are fantastic. Go for it!

Sue....Honestly the Protein Drink is SOOOO filling. And it helps stabilize your blood sugar. I felt fabulous on the pre-op and the few pounds lost was nifty. Just suck on those sugar free popcycles....as much as you want and you'll be fine. What other diet says you HAVE to have 3 shakes a day.....@??? I LOVE my chocolate shakes.

Have a good nite all.

Merrillee

I forgot to get popcycles at the grocery store, did NOT want to go back. My sweet teenagers went for me...did that ever taste good! maybee I'll have another.

I'm stalled out on the weight loss!!! Frustrating !!! I even walked an hour yesterday to get the scale moving and nothing changed this morning. This is the third day in a row that the scale is stuck! I wanted to be down some more before surgery.

It's only two days away! I have sooo much to do before then. I have to clean house . . . so I'm getting off this computer and getting busy!

hi Mer!

Hi Wendy,

Don't worry about your weightloss; it's still happening. When I first started the liquid diet I was loosing everyday and now it doesn't move for about 2-3 days and then all of a sudden it's down 3. You are doing awesome and your body is ready for the surgery. 20 pounds is huge and Dr Oh is going to be happy with that! I only lost 8lbs when I had surgery and Dr Fox said my liver looked great and my surgery was easy. So hang in there, it'll drop soon. Only two more days to go and then you'll be in Bandland :youcandothis: Good luck :D

Mer - congrats on 30 pounds!!! You must feel awesome!! I'm only at 21 lbs loss and I think I can already feel different walking around and doing physical things. Keep up the good work :youcandothis:

2nd day of liquids, it's warm in my office...I really want a nap!!!

Energy level was OK this AM, but in my warm office I can hardly hold my eyes open.

Everyone says it gets better after the 3rd day...right? I sure hope so, cause I'd sure love a great big iced coffee right now! Do other Docs restrict caffine?

Hi everyone,

Well, my date is set for June 5th. Wow - it's right around the corner. I have to start my liquid diet 10 days pre-op. Dr. says I can have a Protein Shake - is that what you guys are talking about with the chocolate shake? Where do you get this Protein stuff from? He referred me to Vitalady. Is this a good place to go? I'm really excited but getting pretty nervous about the surgery. Good luck to everyone who is getting banded this week. My prayers are with all of you.

;) Does anyone live in the Pacific / Auburn area. I live in Pacific and would love to get together with other people going through this.

Vitalady is a great place to start. They will let you sample different brands/flavors so you can find out what you like. They have a full stock of Vitamins too. It can be a little overwhleming at first, but they will get you on the right track. I don't know if you are close to Puyallup, but they will deliver to Oh's office for you, but I would make the trip out there for the first time. It's worth it to be able to sample the different protiens, they really do vary alot.

My favorites are Champion Nutrition (chocolate & mocca) and the nectar (lemon makes a great fruit smoothy base). There are dozens of different add in SF syrups at Cash & Carry to create different flavors. Lots of people like to have vanilla protien to add flavors to also, I'm not all that fond of the vanilla though.

I'm on my second day of Clear Liquids and protien drinks and the shakes are the highlight of my day.

Hey Dawneb, we've been meeting for walks, usually on Friday at 11:00 (I'm in Tacoma). My walking buddy (Wenjea) is being banded on thursday, so she won't be there friday. Maybe could meet Wed or thurs.

Sue