Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi Nw banders. I am getting banded on the 23rd of May and will start my liquids this Sunday. Dr. Fox at SWLC in Tacoma will be doing mine. Nice to meet some local people :)

Hi Startin'Over - Welcome! We have the same Doctor. I was banded 4/27/07. I'm two weeks out today. Good Luck and keep us updated!:)

So this afternoon I did my pre-op phone appointment, forked over the moolah, and am scheduled for the morning of the 17th. I have had a couple moments of major doubt, but when I called to push the date, it would be over a month from now before I could get in. I figure when I call to reschedule my hair appointments like that, I end up having to wait and then end up wimping out and head to Great Clips and get the whack job and regret not keeping my first appointment! Then I have to wait for it to grow again. I don't need to have ME growing anymore in the mean time, so I don't think another round of Weight Watchers would be the answer. Why postpone the inevitable, right? I know this is the decision for me and just need to get on with it. From the sound of (pretty much) everyone else if I can get through the first few weeks, the weight loss is worth it! How else am I going to get to Disneyland?

So I still have my 2 Pepsi's and have lost 5 of the 10 pounds requested. I am on my way. Cheers!

Thanks to the gals (Wendy/Melissa/Megan) at NWWLS for helping me climb back off the ledge! No pressure, they just listened to my fears and shared their own experiences. It was very reassuring!

Pinenut - I'm glad you are going through with it because the 17th makes you my band mate and I need someone to walk this road with me. We wil do this together!

nbjen - how's it goin two weeks out? how long before you were feelin like yourself after surgery?

OMG - only six more days and I'm in bandland!!! I can't wait! we had a fun time walking today. Mer joined us and we did some walking and a lot of laughing! You guys should come and join us. Anyone close to Tacoma should come.

It was fun walking today, what a great break in the day! So great to chat and laugh with people who really get where you're at. Love to have more join us.

Thanks Merrillee for answering the neverending questions. Takes alot of the doubt away when the unknown isn't so unknown.

nope still havent got the thing to stick.. I tried just copying my ticker but I cant even highlight it. So I'll just say my loss and goal for now till I learn to use a computer(: 22 downs 140 to go. goal 150. Congrats Starten over.

Pinenut you will do great, once you have it done and start feeling better you will know that it really was the right choice. Its always good when you get to have a second chance to do things a different, hopefully better way. Iv'e been doin alot more activity the last couple days and feel so much better, so soon I will be up to walkin with you all.

Band 4/27/07 U of W Dr. wright

THanks for the encouragement!

I had trouble with the ticker too. I Swear I did the same thing about 5 times before it did show up correctly! I am going to attempt to update mine. We'll see how it goes!

SO I managed to mess it up and this time it only took 3 tries to get the ticker in there. I think the initial instructions said to highlight and copy all the stuff from to . Mine works if I do not include the notations or url or whatever. I was just getting an address to post at first too. Maybe it will work now? I used the window of the bbCode.

Went to a dinner at The Lobster shop tonight paid for by the school as a thankyou to the auction committee members. I felt like I had to eat in front of all those people or I would be asked why I wasn't eating, so I ate about 2-3 small bites of each thing. Hope it didn't screw up anything to much. I ate like I had a band on already and I was plenty full. . . . or at least how I supposed I would eat if I had my band already. The stupid thing is at the end of the night this one person who knew I was getting the band came up to me and said (in a very loud voice) . . . Now when is your surgery for lap band? OMG! all that food for nothing!! I was really wanting to crawl in a hole but instead I had to stand there and answer a bunch of questions from people who wanted to know about the surgery. I was wishing I had kept this thing a total secret!! Why do other people think they have the right to blurt out my business?

Okay, rant over. . . .back to liquids I go.

Do not beat yourself up over one meal. As long as you are committed to tomorrow, you will be in fine shape. Wow, 18 pounds is awesome. I will take some inspiration into next week. Is Thursdy almost here really!?! Have a good tomorrow, band buddy.

<p>Is there a support group for NWWLS bariatric surgery patients? I am tentatively getting banded at st. francis but live north of seattle</p>

Okay, I am editing this post! I read through this ENTIRE thread, and found several support groups through yahoo and different surgery centers. I did my intake with Dr. Hirai on the 18th of april, and my endoscopy is scheduled for next friday. My insurance gave me pre-authorization today, but after hearing all the great stuff about NWWLS (which is very close to my house) I'm wondering if I should switch and stay closer. I chose st. francis because it s a center of excellence according to the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. I like that Dr. Oh is very strict though, I believe that people who stick to stricter liquid diets at the beginning experience better results, less slippage, erosion, and more weight loss long term.

HI EVERYONE!!!!

-Evilah

Hi, my name is jen im in mill creek and was banded on 4/12 by dr. oh over in federal way...am looking for someone local for support

jen

Jen/Miss Wolfy,

I live in near you! If you come back by here, please private message me!

thanks!

Pinenut - Thanks band buddy! I got on the scale this morning and there was no weight gain from last nights splurge . . . . no loss but . . .

I am back on the plan and running the race to win! my plan is to reach my goal in a year. Keeping my eye on the prize and with Gods help it will happen!!

Hello Girlfriends!!!!!! Had a fabulous time with Wendy and Sue yesterday! Can't wait to meet up again! Wanna come to a jewelry party?

Evilah, I emailed you and answered your questions.....It's all good. And all worth it!!!!! I promise!!!

Pinenut.....you are sooo funny. I do the same thing with my hair! Except I chop it myself! And a couple of my dearest girlfriends are beauticians.....I think I'm finally getting more mature about it and letting them do their thing...I mean how many years can those girlfriends ball me out for chopping my own hair without finally learning to just let them take care of it to begin with.....LOL

MY DEAR HUSBAND finally got home last nite after 3 weeks gone working(during the week...then he comes home for weekends and sleeps!) He's a business consultant for automotive shops. He'll be home all this week. I don't like him being gone so much. We're actually good friends, married for almost 26 years! He was going to have our daughter go with him to do some bookkeeping setup for the next shop.....BUT I was his bookkeeper at the shop we used to own and I told him I'm going to brush up on my Quickbooks and go with him.....Not Becca. (Sorry baby, but I miss being with your dad.) He thought that was a fabulous idea. I won't be going on all trips, just the ones that need bookkeeping assistance. And we're going to take one of the dogs.....Buttercup.....our dearest little chihuahua baby. Don't know for sure if I'm going to shut down the dog clothing business.....Becca could probably run that.....she gets ALL the money from it anyway.

Am I nuts? I don't know. Sorry to go so OOFFFF topic. We're going out to coffee now........

Merrillee

Hi Everyone,

I was two weeks past surgery yesterday!! So that means only two more weeks of clear liquids! All my steri strips are off (with some help) and I must of had a reaction to those as well since underneath them it was red and bumpy and now that they have been off about 24 hrs it's not so itchy.

Wendy - I still don't really feel like myself. Maybe it's the liquid diet. Physically I'm feeling so much better each day but I still have pain where the port is and right above my belly button. It's pretty sore by the end of the day. I worked all week though and made it through. I think because my Doctor does that stitch to prevent a hernia is what the pain is beside the port. Also, don't worry about what you ate; you've been doing so well and the goal is to loose weight before surgery to shrink your liver and that is what you've done.

Pinenut - You should just keep your date. It's so hard to make this decision!!! I just wanted to get it over with. I think you'll be glad when it's over. No more second guessing yourself.

And welcom Elivah, I would just do all your research and make your decision. I think both Dr Oh and NWLLS are highly reguarded. But your right Dr Oh does have a strict liquid diet after the surgery and so does my doctor. Mine is one month Clear Liquids w/3 - 30 gram Protein Shakes per day plus 4 childrens chewable vitamins and 1500 mg Calcium plus 2-3 quarts of Water. The water is the hardest for me to get in!

Mer - Have fun traveling w/your hubby, sounds like fun!

Well have a great Saturday everyone, I'm off to costco to get stuff for Mother's Day. We're having a brunch at my house.... I wonder if anyone will want to trade my Protein Shake? ?? Hah!