Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi Punkytres...

Just got home from walking with a Wendy out at Fort Steilacoom. I'm in UP (right on the Lakwood border). We are working at getting together to walk once a week or so.

Anyone part of PNW Bandsters?

I see they have a monthly event..anyone been to "Soup Night"?

SouthEnd (Tacoma/Puallup) Soup Nite

Date: Monday May 7, 2007

Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Monday.

Street: 72nd Street & I-5

City State Zip: Tacoma, WA

Sue11: I graduated from Curtis in '85 but was only there that year. We had transferred from Hawaii my Senior year. I did have some cousins that went there. Jeff, Nick and Lavonne Stay? Maybe you knew them? ANyway, I will try to make a Soup night or walk. I think my brother went to Chambers Elem. when we moved over there? I live in Federal Way now, between the mall and Dash Point area.

Dawn27WA: Thanks for the confirmation that this process will work. You must be excited for the 9th! THey said I could have shceduled the 10th, but I wasn't prepared to hand over the moolah that day. I need a week to transfer things around. Maybe cut a deal with my brother to let him get miles for the big chunk! Let me know how your day goes on Wed!

really that sounds good.... So you and other banders?? You know I would really like to meet some new people, Ive been feeling alittle down cause my husbands always working and no one else I know has gone through this. So I've been by myself and not enjoying it.

Hi ladyjoe, I live in lakewood close to tacoma I was just banded 9 days ago. I would like to have some support people as well

Hello everyone! Having a good weekend. Haven't barfed again since Applebees on Friday.....LOL...almost did on my Iron pill today. It got a little stuck, so I drank a lot then it went down. Argh.

I live in Gig Harbor and work at home. I'm up for walking just about whenever, so email me or call me at 265-2276, and I will see if I can get away.

Merrillee

punkytres,

I understand about your husband not being around. Mine is a business consultant and he HAD to be out of town for my surgery! I did it anyway ...had a girlfriend stay with me and my adult kids were a lot of help. Sucked, though. I REALLY wished he could have been there. He did, too, but we needed the money he was making so I MADE him go. He's been out of town the last two work weeks and will be againg this week. It's tough. I miss him. He calls me, but it's not the same....that's why I went up to visit him the end of last week.

It's gooood to have girlfriends....friends to help and encourage you along this process.

Merrillee

punkeytres - I live in Lakewood also. Sue and I meet often to walk at Fort steilicoom park or the Grandview trail in UP. Let us know if you want to walk with us.

I'm got through day 4 of the pre-op and it's getting easier! Only 41 more to go until mushies. Who knew I would ever get excited about scrambled eggs, yogurt, and refried Beans. I can't wait!!!

I have another class tomorrow at St. Francis. It must be about surgery and post-op since I already did the pre-op one. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks for the info on the Clear liquids following a fill. I didn't remember hearing that. Maybe I will at tomorrows class. I let you all know. Tomorrow is the day I have to pay everyone too. boo hoo!

Thanx merrillee(: Wenjea Where in lakewood are you?? I would like to join you for walks... It would be nice to get out of the house....

punkytres - I walked with Sue tonight on the grandview walk in U.P. and We sometimes walk at Fort Steilacoom Park across from Western State Hospital on Steilacoom Blvd. Right now we don't have a set time. Tomorrow, we are walking along the waterfront on Ruston Way. We realized we both had morning appointments in Federal Way so we thought we would pull off on the spur and walk the waterfront. I think it will be around 11:00am or there abouts. You can call me on my cell if you would like to join us. #229-8981.

Anyone is welcome if they feel like a walk!!

Done with day 5 and this is getting easy. Sue and I went to Soup night and met a great gal there. The three of us thought we would check out the support group on the first and third tuesday at St. Joe. Anybody ever go there?

My surgeon asked me today if I wanted to move up my surgery one week to this Thursday but I feaked out and said no. I have cleared the calendar for next week so I'm stickin to the 17th.

Mer - we are going to walk on the waterfront on Rustin Way around 11:00 give or take a half hour. Here is my cell if you want to meet us. #253-229-8981 Call and give me your number if you want to come and I will let you know the exact time.

Wendy

Thanks for the invite wanjea. I live off bridgeport near the Mcord Airforce. I think I'm gonna give it one more week before I start doin alot of walking. When I've gone to the store or tried walking within about 10 minutes I start getting cold sweats and and feeling sick. I dont know what thats about, but I hope it stops soon, not a great feeling. I wouldn't mind going to a support group as well. How do you get the little weight scales on your page? I went to tickerfactory but cant figure out how to paste it to my page..

Give it some time and work up to it. Just walk around your neighborhood and try to go a little farther each time. It will come back when your body is ready. We walk for about 40 minutes on the flat surface. You can join us when you are up to it.

This web site has been the best source of support around! Sue and I are going to try the one at St. Joseph Hospital the first and third Tuesday of the month. Join us!