Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the well wishes - really needed them :)

I thought I would post an update; I'm 5 days out of surgery and doing fine. I still have port pain but I'm only taking tylenol now, still sleeping on the couch. BUT... I have a huge rash on my stomach so I'm also taking Benedryl and using Benedryl cream - GRRRR. I was going to go back to work tomorrow but decided to take it off and hope to go back on Thursday after my post-op appointment. I guess the rash is from the benedine (sp) wash they use before surgery. It's sooo itchy and bumpy!!! If I didn't have that I would feel so much better and I'm sick of taking medication and Benedryl makes me tired. I'm not hungry but I'm craving a chicken nugget.... Yes I have kids! But that is almost 4 weeks out. Maybe I'll make my own and have two little one's as my first solid food. I already know what I want for a mushy, I'm going to order a hot turkey sandwich minus the bread and blend the turkey and the gravy for a mushie. I actually can't wait!! It comes w/mashed potato's too but I might have to skip those.

Welcome ShellMar, Waterlilly and Druth!

Waterlilly - Welcome and it's always good to have people close by. please come and join the walking group this Friday. We could use the inspiration from you!

Sue amd Mer - Friday at 11:00 it is! I will meet you at Starbucks.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I don't work right now so I have no schedule unless one of the kids is home sick from school. I can do Friday at 11, starbucks :)

oh and I went to NWWLS and had Dr Montgomery. Do you guys that go there know that they are gonna be doing a satellite office here in Tacoma and are currently looking for the office space? They will be down here 2 mondays a month and it will be Esther that comes down. It will be so nice not to have to drive up to Everett!

hey guys - I have had a few rough days. I started my Protein and Vitamins and have been feeling very nauseous and having pain at the top of my stomach. Tonight my throat started feeling weird, kind of like a tickle but scratchy so I looked down it with a flash light and there are white spots all over it. It could be thrush or yeast or something. I don't have a clue why or where it came from. Have any of you ever heard of this before????

If you have had antibiotics recently it is likely thrush (yeast infection). Very uncomfortable, I hope they can get that fixed up soon!

Wenjea - I hope it's not serious! I've never had thrush before but I wonder if it is... When are you taking your Vitamins? Would it matter if your taking them before bed and then laying down and it might be irritating your throat? Keep us updated.. Hey when do you start your pre-op liquid diet?

I called Dr. Oh and they said call my PC but she doesn't work today soooo I called my dentist and he said most likely from intibiotics that I was taking for a UTI and drinking some wine on top of that. I'm picking up a mouth rinse soon so I hope that takes care of it. Hopefully that is what is causing the pain in my esophogus and stomach too. I did some reading on the internet on thrush and it suggested I eat lots of sugar free yogurt to help with the enzyme balance so off to the store I go.

Pre-op starts tomorrow so I'm having a 'farewell to food' lunch with some friends today. Nothing feels that good in my throat though, bummer!

nbjen - hows the rash? Better?

waterlily

I noticed you had Dr. Montgomery as your surgeon.

I am scheduled with him on the 23rd of may.

YAY.

I'm concerned that because he does have so many patients I will feel rushed..this being my very first surgery ever...it kinda freaks me out.

Would you be willing to share you experience.

Thanks much!

Audrey

Where are you Spot? To far to meet with all of us? Feel free to meet-up Friday morning at the Tacoma mall, 11:00am.

I have some pills now that I dissolve in my mouth so that should take care of the yeast problem. I'm really hoping that will fix the pain in my gut too. I will try to get them all down awhile before bed and see if that helps, Thanks!

Tomorrow is pre-op start day!!!! I'm so ready!!

Wenjea,

I used to take antibiotics 3-4 times every winter for Chronic Bronchitis and never had a yeast infection orally or vaginally until I got Pneumonia and they ended up changing the antibiotic 3 times. I was able to prevent this by taking acidolphilis every time I started antiobiotics. You can get this at your local Health food Store in either liquid or capsules. You can also get milk at the grocery store with acidolphilis added. There is also the yogurt but you have to make sure that it has "live" cultures in it or it won't work. I'm a Pediatric Home Health Nurse and have a client that does the same thing, every time he starts antibiotics, we give him liquid acidolphilis 4 times/day. It works for him and certainly worked for me.

Wendy - Good Luck w/your Pre-op diet :) It sounds like your really prepared and the thing that helped me the most with hunger was making sure I drank my Protein Shakes regularly ( 3 shakes w/30 grams daily)...

And YES I still have this itchy, itchy rash!!! IT has gotten a little bit better and I have my post op visit tomorrow so my Doctor can look at it.

What is Dr. Oh's post op diet like? Is it 4 weeks of Clear Liquids w/the 3 30 gram Protein shakes? I've been reading about everyone else's and it seems my Doctor's is the longest before moving to full or pureed liquids. I'm almost one week after surgery and have 3 more to go... I started my preop liquid diet on April 17th...... And I can't have full liquids until May 25th! Hmmmmm, I hope it goes by quickly.

Had my pre-op appt. today and I have lost 22 pounds since the start of my consultation appt. on 4/12. Surgery is on for 6 days from today!!! :biggrin1:

Still a bit nervous with it being my first surgery, but a lot of support around me is helping a lot.

AudreyG and Waterlily1072, I saw the doctor for both of you is Dr. Kevin Montgomery....he is mine also. He seemed extremely nice and professional when I met with him. My mom also had the Lap Banding done by him 3 years ago. Nerves will always play a part in something like this, but I think everything will be okay. Good Luck to all!!