Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

Hey all, Tommorrow is my big day, I am absolutly terrified! I never stayed on the pro op diet! OMG I hope my liver isnt too big! Do you think they will just stop and not do it if they find out my liver inst shrunk?

I just had a whole post ready to go and accidently closed it!! GRRR

Merrillee - Thanks for giving me the comparision w/having your gallbladder out - makes me less worried. And looks like your doing great!

Wenjea - The time will fly by quickly and soon you'll be starting your liquid diet!

Lucygirl - Good luck! Please post again and let us know how your doing.... Is your Doctor Dr. Oh? Have you lost any weight? I think if you've lost weight that should help ;)

Tomorrow is my day too - wish me luck!!! I'm glad Im finally there and getting it over with and soon I'll be in bandland!!! Yah hoo!!!

Congratulations to those being Banded today!!!!!!!

???? How hard was it to get your insurance to pay when they say they won't ???? This is the one thing from holding me back from starting the process.

;) ;) :think :think :) :)

Dang insurance companies!!!! Just called mine and they told me NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! The gal I talked to was really nice and understanding. Said that our policy just states that in no way would it even be considered.

Now I either need to wait and see if it changes one day, go to Mexico (not going to happen), or go Self Pay (also not going to happen). I am so dissappointed!!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping that I could be a Bandster!!!

:think :think

:D :mad: :think :think

Tammy - my insurance said no way too but I decided to go for it anyway. If you figure out the cost of a funeral, hospitalization, having to hire everything done for you because you can't do it anymore . . . .basically what is your life worth because that is what we are really talking about. My husband said I was worth a lot more to him then $12,800. Get a second mortgage on your house or spend some of your IRA because if you don't do this you probably won't be around to enjoy your retirement anyway. Am I convincing you yet?

Merrilee - you are doing great with your weight loss! Way to go!! It doesn't look like anyone from Northbend is coming so lets meet closer. We can meet at the Tacoma Mall and walk or down on Grandview if it's sunny. Name the place and the time and I will come. Sue has her pre-op tomorrow so she can come if it after 10:00am.

Had my pulmonary, ultra-sound, lung x-ray, and blood work done this morning. Then I went to the shrink and spent forever on the questions. I was waiting for the question,"Do you think this paperwork is dumb?" but it never happened. LOL

I stopped by costco and bought the magic bullet ($49.99) and came home and made a vanilla strawberry Protein Drink with real strawberries. YUM! It was thick like a shake. That thing works really well.

Is anyone meeting in the Tacoma/Auburn area tomorrow (Friday)? I have pre-ops in the early AM, then am somewhat free for several hours...been quite a while since I've had an afternoon to play! Love to meet up with some of you to chat.

Let's say Tacoma Mall at 11:am. That would be easier for Sue since she will be coming from federal Way. How about at Starbucks by the tables. Wear walking shoes! I've got to get my walk in and we can gab while we walk. I'm not very fast, especially if I'm talking.

Lucy and nbjen - check back in and give us an update when you feel up to it. We only hope the best for both of you.

OH Poo! It's already 10:48 and I just got the message. Can't make 11:00. Darn! I was thinking we talked about noon before.......

Mer

Wenjea, If I owned my home (I rent) or had the money in an IRA I sure as heck would do it. I will not be able to do a loan right now either because of some credit issues. Right now I just can't do it. Maybe in a year or two then I can look again. Thanks.

I used my income tax return and saved my last three checks then went to Mexico. The way I figured it was the Dr. here had way less experience and a higher complication rate then the one in mexico, so mexico it was for me. Well worth it to.

Mer - sorry you missed us. we got two laps in and checked back at noon just in case you thought that but didn't see you. We will set it up again. Next week I'm good on Wednesday and Friday anytime, but Thursday I have an appt with the internest and I didn't write down the time. I will have to get that from Dr. Oh's office on Monday. Let me know your availability.